You are not logged in. Please register or login.

lance

Re: Guns N' Roses planning new album - 'It's too good not to happen!'

lance wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Lance:

It still blows my mind that the leaks didn't start in 2004-05 and IRS doesn't count.

I know in public I've thrown false shit out there but never in a pm to you James

I'm fucking legit bloody rose can  vouch for me.

AFD 99 does not exist
Does that help !!!!!!

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

From what I remember, the AFD 99 snippets were used specifically to get new stuff. Needless to say too many people on the forums took it upon themselves to prove they were fake and screwed up any chance to get anything out of them.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

There were some weird shananigans going on with the supposed "AFD 99" and no...it wasn't on the up and up. Don't remember details....just remember being told much ado about nothing so I stopped caring.

So.....

a new attempt is being made to draw Silkworms out of hibernation?

lance

lance wrote:

I'm trying to get anything going on the leak front

You can't start a fire without a spark.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
misterID wrote:

Believe it or not, the snippet of Silkworms I heard was awesome and I was never a big fan of the song.

Yeah, Monkey loves it too!

Those screams were pretty Zeppelin like, don't you think? I wasn't expecting that. 9

Totally!! The Riff is kinda Zeppelin-esque too in a way.

I like it as is - but I can imagine a Slash version on the same guitar parts would give it a much more sleezy zeppelin feel too - I like the way he does ryhthm when he does it.

It's funny too as Silkworms is often listed as people's "go to" for dissing the change of direction of the new band (and in fairness the Rio3 version is kinda whack) but I actually think there's a strong chance it could wind up as the most classic rock of the newer stuff if they resurrect it. Like it's way more rock themed than 1/2 of Chinese Democracy is at heart.

For all it's modern production the riff is straight up guitar and the vocals are pretty classic Axl. It would make a great rocker by the current line up.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

I still wanna hear the full checkmate or whatever it's fucking called now. Potential there, always thought so.

zombux
 Rep: 36 

zombux wrote:

not sure why I post it here, but The Dead Daisies' Lock N' Load just stuck in my head for some reason and I can't switch it off. in my opinion, the only melody recorded/released by Slash since Contraband days. because Libertad was meh and I can't stand the solo albums. but this song is really beautiful, with classic Slash all over it.

Ragnar
 Rep: 8 

Ragnar wrote:

LOL, this band, leaks, MSL, Warchild with her zillion alternative accounts.

Do you all even realise how pathetic everything looks from here ?

If you have something leak, if not, fuck off and stop seeking attention.

So many "insiders" have popped up over the years. It`s hard to keep track of them all. Most of them were unable to verify their "status" and ran away as soon as they were called out on their bullshit.

Again, if you ( insert name here) have something then leak it, if not, get lost, plain and simple.

Gong
 Rep: 60 

Gong wrote:

Time for a Viking funeral

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

It feels sad with this band, that I'm checking in to the forums every now and then to catch up on anything, and each time I feel the hope of leaks is more realistic than any official news about new music.

Ach well, finally saw them live and it was great, just wish there was some activity. Axl's silence is par for the course but when this reunion all started I kind of assumed that Slash and Duff might be a bit more active... instead nada.

Board footer