You are not logged in. Please register or login.

dalethirsty
 Rep: 20 

Re: Most Recent Movie You've Seen

dalethirsty wrote:

just saw dunkirk in theaters over the weekend.

if i wasn't aware that nolan was directing it, i would have probably loved it. instead, i went in expecting some sort of mystery, intrigue or twist, and was left disappointed with a straightforward war flick.

the music, cinematography and acting was pretty damn good... but it just never hooked me, like most of his other movies do.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Finally watched The Eagles documentary on Netflix last night. It's really good, cool to see those guys in that era. They really did rock it, soo many hits. I was expecting alot more infighting & hating each other all along, but it seemed more like after so many years it just reached a boiling point. Surprised they never fully reunited again, and I don't mean just a few shows/tours.  Didn't know they had that much turnover either, but a few people left or were kicked out, even in the midst of their popularity.

It was long tho, 3 hours. I only watched what seemed to be the first half, their 70s-80s fame. Then there's another hour of the post-breakup. I guess it gets into radioplay & royalty disputes then the reunion in 94. They mentioned in the intro of it how there wasn't really 'Classic Rock' radio channels until they broke up, so they weren't expecting their songs to be played much anymore after the split. Good timing.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

Betting On Zero - Documentary on Netflix about Herbalife. It's really well made. Essentially a hedge fund made a large investment betting Herbalife will fold after a government investigation would deem it an illegal pyramid scheme. It gets into the MLM (Multi Level Marketing) of the company, and how it suckers people into some large down payments to join, only to then not sign anybody else up.

Pretty well made. (sorry if anyones a member or distributor)

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

Life - It was bad. I had high hopes for it after seeing a trailer a year ago for it. Originally I recall it was set for a Memorial Day 2017 release, which would tell you it was an amped up film from the studio. However seemingly it got moved to a March-ish release. Odd.  Well, now I know why. It's a bad movie and probably didn't test well.  Just a bad story arch, you would think 'Finding a new cell of alien life form' would be a groundbreaking event. Sorta like when we & Will Smith first see the UFO's in Independence Day. Instead, the new cells are buried between kids asking the astronauts questions, and an astronaut seeing his newborn child the first time via livestreaming. Ok, but overall the movie & character development is detached. I'd rank it worse than Prometheus. The cells quickly multiply & soon enough we have pretty much a new version of the movie Alien again.

Maybe its a good movie but I just couldn't get into it. One of those where about 20 minutes in I realize I'm not going to finish it. Made it past an hour then just couldn't do it.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I need to start diving into all those netflix documentaries. I know I'm missing out on tons. Gotta stop watching so many old movies/tv shows.

I watched Broadway Danny Rose last night. Mia Farrow is so amazing in it.

lance

lance wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

I need to start diving into all those netflix documentaries. I know I'm missing out on tons. Gotta stop watching so many old movies/tv shows.

Watch get me roger stone now !!!!!

Also for my 33rd I went to go see Spider-Man with son and dad and went with my wife later in the week

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Patriots Day - I'm not usually interested in these dramatised versions of real life terror events that occurred in recent memory. However I was on a plane and had a few hours to kill so gave it a go. Actually pretty good, I liked how they used real cctv footage mixed in with movie. The shoot out with police in the side street is insane. Got quite choked up at the end as well.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Watching Nocturnal Animals right now...…..that opening. Jesus. Went full on David Lynch.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

Thats a good movie

Last i saw was ghost in the shell....meh

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Where does this film land in the Woody Allen canon?  A classic or just good?

Board footer