You are not logged in. Please register or login.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

Re: US Politics Thread

slcpunk wrote:

And why won't Trump take a strong position against these Neo Nazi terrorists? Probably because they make up a good part of his base.

DHJa42_JXk_AEm_YAX.jpg

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I'm not saying the two groups are the same, the racist groups came ready/looking for a fight. It would be disingenuous of me to just call them out when I've been calling out the leftist groups that have invading peaceful protests doing the same thing, trying provoke police and getting innocent people hurt, yet no one calls them out on cable news. Ever. I saw the same people show up to fight, throwing bricks and spraying mace, etc.

The people condemning Trump justified anarchist groups starting riots and injuring police. They have no problem calling out the phoniness of Nazis but not the fake, violent folks on "their" side. That burns my ass. There is not an honest and equal coverage. Islamic terrorist get preferential coverage..... They put them on the cover of Rolling stone asking us to see their side of things and understand them. It's dishonest. They don't talk about these two groups the same either, yet they're challenging Trump for doing what they do themselves.

I'm not comparing peaceful protestors to the fake, phony anarchists. But we cannot say the coverage is the same. You're allowed so much on the left. You can't even use the term thug about an actual thug without them calling you a racist and controlling the narrative. Trump saying many sides should not cause this much outrage in the media.......though he's brought that on himself. But wall the media is doing is helping Nazi recruiting.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Couple home runs there, ID.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

I'm not saying the two groups are the same, the racist groups came ready/looking for a fight. It would be disingenuous of me to just call them out when I've been calling out the leftist groups that have invading peaceful protests doing the same thing, trying provoke police and getting innocent people hurt, yet no one calls them out on cable news. Ever. I saw the same people show up to fight, throwing bricks and spraying mace, etc.

What is the argument here? That these people in Virginia had the right to peacefully protest with weapons on the street? If the KKK can have a rally, why can't the leftists, as you call them?

Black lives matters, LGBT groups, Colin Caepernick....just to name a few groups/individuals who are slaughtered mercilessly in the right wing media.

Why would you think that it would be any other way in this country? Ever? That's all we do here in America...we fight.

If you really wanted to be safe on Saturday, you'd stay the fuck home.

The people condemning Trump justified anarchist groups starting riots and injuring police. They have no problem calling out the phoniness of Nazis but not the fake, violent folks on "their" side. That burns my ass. There is not an honest and equal coverage. Islamic terrorist get preferential coverage..... They put them on the cover of Rolling stone asking us to see their side of things and understand them. It's dishonest. They don't talk about these two groups the same either, yet they're challenging Trump for doing what they do themselves.

What's fake about any of this? This is all very real to me. I hate Christianity as much as I hate Islam. They both suck equally. There is nothing fake about what's going on right now and it WILL NEVER END in this country. From slavery to Japanese internment camps. From the Irish revolts in New York over social class to blacks migrating to the north in the 1930s, 40s and 50s...everything in this country is about conflict. From going to war with Iraq over lies to blunders of the Vietnam war.

We're readying and willing to start a third war in the middle east over Islam. How is that glorifying it?

I'm not comparing peaceful protestors to the fake, phony anarchists. But we cannot say the coverage is the same. You're allowed so much on the left. You can't even use the term thug about an actual thug without them calling you a racist and controlling the narrative. Trump saying many sides should not cause this much outrage in the media.......though he's brought that on himself. But wall the media is doing is helping Nazi recruiting.

Here again, this is about grouping people into categories that may or may not be deserved. There are many people, myself included, fearful of being called something or grouped into a set of people that I don't belong in...

When American-Japanese were rounded up because of a label, that was horrifying. What about when people turned on German Americans after WWI?

Labels are a scary things....overgeneralized, loosely defined labels are dangerous things. Here's the word association:

Islam-bad, Christian, good.
Gay-bad, Straight good.

The list could go on and on. I'd rather know more about someone who claims to practice Islam than their religion before I decide I need to shoot them in the head. But let me ask you...how many people in this country are ready to be judge, jury and executioner just based on a label.

We see it in this thread all the time.

misterID

misterID wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

What is the argument here? That these people in Virginia had the right to peacefully protest with weapons on the street? If the KKK can have a rally, why can't the leftists, as you call them?

Black lives matters, LGBT groups, Colin Caepernick....just to name a few groups/individuals who are slaughtered mercilessly in the right wing media.

Why would you think that it would be any other way in this country? Ever? That's all we do here in America...we fight.

What's fake about any of this? This is all very real to me. I hate Christianity as much as I hate Islam. They both suck equally. There is nothing fake about what's going on right now and it WILL NEVER END in this country. From slavery to Japanese internment camps. From the Irish revolts in New York over social class to blacks migrating to the north in the 1930s, 40s and 50s...everything in this country is about conflict. From going to war with Iraq over lies to blunders of the Vietnam war.

We're readying and willing to start a third war in the middle east over Islam. How is that glorifying it?

Here again, this is about grouping people into categories that may or may not be deserved. There are many people, myself included, fearful of being called something or grouped into a set of people that I don't belong in...

When American-Japanese were rounded up because of a label, that was horrifying.

Labels are a scary things....overgeneralized, loosely defined labels are dangerous things. Here's the word association:

Gay-bad, Straight good.

The list could go on and on. I'd rather know more about someone who claims to practice Islam than their religion before I decide I need to shoot them in the head. But let me ask you...how many people in this country are ready to be judge, jury and executioner just based on a label.

Mitch, you're completely missing my point, big time. We have selective outrage, especially in the media, on both sides. I never said the hate groups were peacefully protesting. Not by a country mile. They came to start trouble and is why they showed up with clubs, etc. It was not a coincidence others on the counter protest just happened to show up with weapons... They were both looking for what went down.

The Maddow show tonight was more in depth and angry towards protestors than at any other riot/protest. To the point of showing peoples faces just holdimg a torch before the riot to get them fired, something she never did for people throwing bricks and injuring cops.

As for the fakeness, anarchists are phonies who show up to riot, usually privlaged college kids who most definitely don't practice what they preach in the way they live. Nazis are phonies because of fake supremacy. It's stupid and not real.

I would much rather see people try to reach out and prevent young white men from joining these groups, exactly the way they do to keep young Muslim men from joining terrorist groups. But the left enjoys having their villains to fight. I hear on MSNBC all the time you get more from a terrorist with a beer and respect than hateful rhetoric.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

When American-Japanese were rounded up because of a label, that was horrifying.

Gay-bad, Straight good.

Mitch, you're completely missing my point, big time. We have selective outrage, especially in the media, on both sides. I never said the hate groups were peacefully protesting. Not by a country mile. They came to start trouble and is why they showed up with clubs, etc. It was not a coincidence others on the counter protest just happened to show up with weapons... They were both looking for what went down.

The Maddow show tonight was more in depth and angry towards protestors than at any other riot/protest. To the point of showing peoples faces just holdimg a torch before the riot to get them fired, something she never did for people throwing bricks and injuring cops.

As for the fakeness, anarchists are phonies who show up to riot, usually privlaged college kids who most definitely don't practice what they preach in the way they live. Nazis are phonies because of fake supremacy. It's stupid and not real.

I would much rather see people try to reach out and prevent young white men from joining these groups, exactly the way they do to keep young Muslim men from joining terrorist groups. But the left enjoys having their villains to fight. I hear on MSNBC all the time you get more from a terrorist with a beer and respect than hateful rhetoric.

Maybe I don't fully understand what you're saying because I refuse to watch the news. I find it either boring or depressing.

Can't I both support the police and black lives matters? Do I have to choose?

What do you think about those that Maddow and others are exposing as members of the KKK/nazis? Should the be shunned and lose their jobs/families? Or is that the exact opposite of what should be done?

Why do I already know that Maddow will expose the nazis and Fox News will expose the brick throwers and police antagonizers?

misterID

misterID wrote:

Absolutely you can support BLM and the Cops. My main thing is the hypocrisy of the media in denouncing the violence of the white power movement at this protest but refused to criticize the violence at protests of the last few years that were associated with left and black power groups. It is not being covered the same.

They have yet to mention the black guy who decided to be a sniper and kill whites and cops in Texas not that long ago. What about the rhetoric that inspired him?

Trump made an off the cuff remark with "all sides" and we're hearing more about Trump than the girl who was murdered. That's sick.

TheMole
 Rep: 77 

TheMole wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

The question you need to ask is would you rather 3 million Koreans die to prevent 300k Americans from dying. It's not even a debate for me.

Can you explain why you feel that the lives of Americans are worth at least 10 times more than the lives of Koreans?

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

TheMole wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

The question you need to ask is would you rather 3 million Koreans die to prevent 300k Americans from dying. It's not even a debate for me.

Can you explain why you feel that the lives of Americans are worth at least 10 times more than the lives of Koreans?

I'm an American.  Sorry if that's not the answer you want, but on a completely abstract level, every American has more potential to make the world a better place than North Koreans. South Koreans too. They've sat for 70 years with guns pointed at them, and have never taken the initiative to defend themselves and end the threat.

In the event of WW3, NK doesn't exist anymore. There's no outcome where NK survives. So take the collateral damage out of their side now, because there's no outcome where they're the victors.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
TheMole wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

I'm an American.  Sorry if that's not the answer you want, but on a completely abstract level, every American has more potential to make the world a better place than North Koreans. South Koreans too. They've sat for 70 years with guns pointed at them, and have never taken the initiative to defend themselves and end the threat.

In the event of WW3, NK doesn't exist anymore. There's no outcome where NK survives. So take the collateral damage out of their side now, because there's no outcome where they're the victors.

Yes...that's always your logic. I'm an American and because of that America is the best.

I remember when I was 11 I thought my little league baseball team was the best because I was on the team.

It just holds no water for me as an adult.

I wish I could view things so simply, so black and white like you sometimes. I just can't.

It honestly seems like the willfully ignorant are the happiest.

Board footer