You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Re: HBO's A Game of Thrones

buzzsaw wrote:

So how was the guy able to ride a dragon? Is he related to Jon and Dany?

He used magic to bring him back from the dead. I don't think the normal rules apply.

esoterica
 Rep: 69 

esoterica wrote:

I waited until the season was over to marathon all of them.

I enjoyed this season much more than seasons past in thanks to the story progression but some insanely stupid moments, i.e.: Arya vs. Brienne and awful plot situations, i.e.: dragon taxi service really dragged down that enthusiasm. Keeping around beloved characters has bloated the series and kept it from true greatness.

I'm excited for the books to come out, I trust Martin to establish a proper setup to these truncated moments there.

Ragnar
 Rep: 8 

Ragnar wrote:

Fucking Brienne of Tarth needs to die. I hope Hound skull rapes her. She is an useless, secondary character in the books.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Not only has the writing been poor they also didn't bring back the best directors from last season. The director of Battle Of The Bastards changed shit on set. Jon getting buried under the bodies was his idea. They brought back the worst directors, most notably, Terminator Arya director, where she could withstand multiple gut stabbings, jump from building tops, and swim through a sewer with open knife wounds.

Jon and Dany was terribly handled and the sex scene was really poorly shot and edited. The dragon pit was a perfect spot for Jon to snap and lose his shit when Tyrion and Dany called him out when he did the right thing. He's repeatedly being undermined and disrespected, going back to being the bastard of WF to the NW and even his stint as Lord Commander. They could have carried this to Jon storming off and Dany going to him, dropping the lame "we're fucked" bullshit. Jon has spent the entire season repeating the same shit about the coming war and Night King. He doesn't have Lannister Gold or Dragons, he only has his honor, and his word is what united the North. If he lies his word is worthless, not to mention he'd have to tell the lords of the north that not only did he lie about his deal with Cersi, which would have kept them out of yet another war for the Iron Throne, but he secretly bent the knee to Dany, putting all of them under her control and placed therm into the center of yet another war for the crown. This was not properly discussed.

And why didn't Cersi manipulate the situation with Jon more? She knew how shitty he was treated as a kid. She had the psychological advantage. She could have really tried to create a fissure between the alliance. Could you imagine if she offered marriage to unite their kingdoms, she could make him a Stark. And give him sons, looking at Dany the whole time. Nope. None of that.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

For all it's flaws it is still great. Unlike CD, which we wanted to be great and actually sucks.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

He controls the dead. Blood lines and shit don't matter once you die. Kill the man on the dragons back and the dragon dies.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

The most pressing issue. Where the fuck is ghost?

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

For all it's flaws it is still great. Unlike CD, which we wanted to be great and actually sucks.

What's this "we", white man.  CD has nothing to do with shoddy TV writing.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Smoking Guns wrote:

I loved CD, still do.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

He controls the dead. Blood lines and shit don't matter once you die. Kill the man on the dragons back and the dragon dies.

Do we KNOW this or do we assume this?  Serious question.

On another note, I think I am going to break down and buy the books for my kindle.  I am going on a cruise in late Sept and I like having something to read.

Board footer