You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 106 

Re: US Politics Thread

mitchejw wrote:
slcpunk wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

I’m a business owner who will end the year paying out about $750k in wages, all kinds of red tape and I deal with beauracracy all the time.

I should be a republican.

Well it's what I told a Republican business owner here that was bellyaching to me about taxes: We both own businesses, I also cut a large check to Uncle Sam the year prior. The only difference is I'm not a big fucking crybaby about it.

Couldn't agree with you more...seems like you and I are in the minority...too often I find those that disagree with me here about taxes/philosophies speak in such the abstract (almost in a way that they don't see how it directly affects them) that it's almost like a football announcer looking down on the field.

Almost like sometimes it feels like some people aren't directly in the game.


This is exactly how I feel when people who never war the uniform or deployed talk about national security. When I hear someone talk about “their wife/uncle/brother/grandfather” and how they were in the reserves in the 1980s or how they’re really good at halo, I just chuckle. Far too many people live in a bubble and don’t realize this could all go away in an instant. And no amount of protesting or crying is going to call off the wolves.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 106 

Re: US Politics Thread

slcpunk wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

I’m a business owner who will end the year paying out about $750k in wages, all kinds of red tape and I deal with beauracracy all the time.

I should be a republican.

Well it's what I told a Republican business owner here that was bellyaching to me about taxes: We both own businesses, I also cut a large check to Uncle Sam the year prior. The only difference is I'm not a big fucking crybaby about it.


I'm sure you take every deduction you can.  But please, pass out more negative karma.  Your contributions to this forum are nothing short of antagonistic.  You are incapable of an original thought and run away every time you're challenged.  Just a blow hard hiding behind his computer.

mitchejw
 Rep: 90 

Re: US Politics Thread

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
slcpunk wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

I’m a business owner who will end the year paying out about $750k in wages, all kinds of red tape and I deal with beauracracy all the time.

I should be a republican.

Well it's what I told a Republican business owner here that was bellyaching to me about taxes: We both own businesses, I also cut a large check to Uncle Sam the year prior. The only difference is I'm not a big fucking crybaby about it.


I'm sure you take every deduction you can.  But please, pass out more negative karma.  Your contributions to this forum are nothing short of antagonistic.  You are incapable of an original thought and run away every time you're challenged.  Just a blow hard hiding behind his computer.

It’s intersting to me that you have so much criticism for him but so little for Trump.

But I don’t get how you can attacking someone for using deductions in a tax code but praise trump as awesome because he uses them to avoid paying any taxes. Or in fact declaring bankruptcy to avoid paying taxes.

So SLC is the problem because he pays into the system?

Quite often I find it difficult to respond to things on this forum because I don’t follow what ones point should be.

Is your point here that people who use deductions are a problem or that there shouldn’t be deductions?

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 106 

Re: US Politics Thread

I’ve been very critical of Trump. I didn’t vote for him. I just don’t make every post a “fuck Trump” or link to a tabloid scandal that lacks any real evidence.

But because I agree with Trump’s immigration policy and (like SCOTUS) believe all his actions thus far are legal, you somehow think I’m his biggest supporter.

I told you and others repeatedly I looked like an asshole and an idiot after screaming Armageddon when Obama was elected. I only did it for a few weeks, not a year later like some of you, but I’m just as guilty of being irrational. I’m not going to make that mistake again. Especially when nothing Trump has done yet was as damaging for our international standing and reputation as was done with 8 years of Obama. Obama objectively left our international presence worse after coming into office. He allowed ISIS to form and joked about both ISIS and Russia as non threats. He owns that and none of you want to hold him accountable. When Trump actually does something or regional Security deteriorated as it did under Obama, then we can talk about who fucked up more.

You talk about maybe supporting Kasich, but I did. You backed the guy who thought the Soviet Union was a honeymoon destination.

So don’t talk at me like we’re both irrational agents (or give me negative karma for pointing out only two members of this forum are hyper partisan as SLC did).

Trump paid a higher percent of his income in taxes than Obama or Sanders. And I’d wager SLC took advantage of every loophole too. I paid almost 40k in taxes last year despite making a smidge over 100k. I want the tax code fixed. But I don’t fault people from using it to their advantage. Others here, bitch about Trump using the law to his advantage, but remain mum when their favorite candidates or they themselves exercise the same strategy. I find that incredibly hypocritical and ignore any complaints on the subject as incredibly disingenuous.

slcpunk
 Rep: 154 

Re: US Politics Thread

slcpunk wrote:


slcpunk
 Rep: 154 

Re: US Politics Thread

slcpunk wrote:
misterID wrote:

SLC, c'mon, man. The law is aimed at seniors and literally says that. No matter how rare the instance would be, no law should ever dictate speech. You should know this will bleed out much, much more.  Which is the intent.

I'm against people trying to legislate religious beliefs into law, which always begins innocuously, right? How is identity politics (thought crimes) different than that?

The people who wrote this up claim it would only be exercised if they found that it lead to violence towards a person etc.

The idea is stupid, but nobody is going to jail for failure to use the proper verbiage when addressing a transperson. Ever. That's what I disagree with you saying.

slcpunk
 Rep: 154 

Re: US Politics Thread

slcpunk wrote:
misterID wrote:

And I do think there's a subtle foundation being laid to eventually try to oust Trump. I still think impeachment is the easiest, unless they give him an ultimatum to resign.

Corker's words in particular, seem to be laying a groundwork for this. I thought it was just a guy finally hitting the wall with Trump, but somebody pointed out that the the statements were much more specific.

Rush Limbaugh said he is worried about Trump acting too much like a dictator right now. Rush Limbaugh. Let that sink in.

slcpunk
 Rep: 154 

Re: US Politics Thread

slcpunk wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

Couldn't agree with you more...seems like you and I are in the minority...too often I find those that disagree with me here about taxes/philosophies speak in such the abstract (almost in a way that they don't see how it directly affects them) that it's almost like a football announcer looking down on the field.

Almost like sometimes it feels like some people aren't directly in the game.

The check I had to cut last year kinda made me gulp, haha. But that means:

1) I'm making money

and more importantly

2) The taxes I pay help support an infrastructure for a guy like me to thrive in. I do prefer my taxes are allocated to social welfare, education, healthcare etc because I believe that would benefit society as a whole, and then ultimately our economy. IE, raise people up/more people win.

People who bitch about paying taxes are selfish IMO. The guys who tiled my house have more work than they know what to do with. A small business owners dream come true. They listen to right wing radio all day, constantly complain about government, and take cash only as payment. I'm not sure what they're bitching about. I'm sure they pay little to no taxes, they sure as shit don't have a business license, E and O insurance, etc etc. They utilize the infrastructure we have in this country to excel in their business, then give little back to it, all while complaining the whole time. Makes no sense to me. But then again, I'm not selfish.

PaSnow
 Rep: 169 

Re: US Politics Thread

PaSnow wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

When I hear someone talk about “their wife/uncle/brother/grandfather” and how they were in the reserves in the 1980s or how they’re really good at halo, I just chuckle.

Dude, I watched Black Hawk Down like 14 times alright. I'm commited & spent hours of my life in Somalia, or as we call it, The Mog.

mitchejw
 Rep: 90 

Re: US Politics Thread

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

I’ve been very critical of Trump. I didn’t vote for him. I just don’t make every post a “fuck Trump” or link to a tabloid scandal that lacks any real evidence.

Didn't stop your ilk from doing so for 8 years under Obama...are we still not able to agree that Obama is/was a US citizen?

But because I agree with Trump’s immigration policy and (like SCOTUS) believe all his actions thus far are legal, you somehow think I’m his biggest supporter.

You don't express outrage...at least not about the things that you should...

All the while leading up the election you made it seem like you would vote for him. It makes absolutely no sense to me why you didn't...

You're entitled to agree with his immigration policy...but it hasn't solved any of the problems that you claimed it should...nor do I see any evidence that it eventually will....

We can all breath a sigh of relief knowing that what just happened in Vegas wasn't a terrorist attack right? At least it wasn't a good for nothing Muslim that killed hundreds of people....phew....

I told you and others repeatedly I looked like an asshole and an idiot after screaming Armageddon when Obama was elected. I only did it for a few weeks, not a year later like some of you, but I’m just as guilty of being irrational. I’m not going to make that mistake again. Especially when nothing Trump has done yet was as damaging for our international standing and reputation as was done with 8 years of Obama. Obama objectively left our international presence worse after coming into office. He allowed ISIS to form and joked about both ISIS and Russia as non threats. He owns that and none of you want to hold him accountable. When Trump actually does something or regional Security deteriorated as it did under Obama, then we can talk about who fucked up more.

I vehemently disagree that Trump hasn't hurt our international standing. He's made us a laughing stock...he's not leading anyone. He's just bullying and posturing.

To me it's not an issue of whether or not we should do something....it's whether or not what we do will eventually produce 3-4 new members of some other acronym symbolizing religious hatred.  The problem with just going in there and blowing shit up is that we're going to have to deal with a much bigger problem in 10-20 years...Why can't we learn that?

If you want to revamp an entire culture then you need to be there at minimum one generation or 25 years. I'm not sure I want to pay for that. Do you?

Russia is and will always be a threat when it comes to propaganda....they are geniuses at that....I'm not afraid of their guns and tanks...I'm afraid of their ability to influence Americans because some Americans don't know any better.

The reason reason that I don't hold it against Obama is because whether it's Al-quida (sp?) or Iranians or Kuwait or Muslims or Russians or the French....we're always vilifying someone in this country to serve a political means. I just don't buy into the idea that blowing people up and flexing American muscles is a long term solution or really any solution at all.

You talk about maybe supporting Kasich, but I did. You backed the guy who thought the Soviet Union was a honeymoon destination.

I did not vote for Kasich because I was under the belief that it was not ethical nor moral for a registered Democrat to vote in a Republican primary. Maybe I'm wrong on that though....

So don’t talk at me like we’re both irrational agents (or give me negative karma for pointing out only two members of this forum are hyper partisan as SLC did).

I have never given out negative karma to anyone on this board and the last time I gave out negative karma (I think) was to Jarmo in the late 1990s.  I most identify with SLC here and we have many areas of common ground. I think we would get along swell in real life....I support his opinions.

Trump paid a higher percent of his income in taxes than Obama or Sanders. And I’d wager SLC took advantage of every loophole too. I paid almost 40k in taxes last year despite making a smidge over 100k. I want the tax code fixed. But I don’t fault people from using it to their advantage. Others here, bitch about Trump using the law to his advantage, but remain mum when their favorite candidates or they themselves exercise the same strategy. I find that incredibly hypocritical and ignore any complaints on the subject as incredibly disingenuous.

RF I'm sorry man but that doesn't make any sense....you're not taking advantage of your 'loopholes' if this is true. Paying 40% in income tax is not fair to you nor do I see anyone reason that could be the case....but I don't know the kind of work you do.

Here's a list of my 'loopholes' that turn into write offs:

1) My company's matching of social security to employeees
2) Quarterly payments to unemployment (both state and federal)
3) I pay all my employees liability insurance including my own
4) I play into the workman's comp fund quarterly
5) Health insurance contribution for employees
6) Any money I spend on marketing and advertising (website)
7) mileage reimbursement I give my employees
8) My yearly donations to the local police and sheriff depts (OMG a registered democrat?)
9) My donations to the ACLU
10) My companies matching of retirement contributions to employees
11) Unpaid/dead invoices that I do not expect to collect on
12) My personal property taxes
13) Any lawyers fees that pertain to the business


I may be missing one or two things but is there anything in there you disagree with or take exception to?



There....I sat there line by line and responded to you....as you so often accuse me of never doing....

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB