You are not logged in. Please register or login.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

Re: US Politics Thread

slcpunk wrote:

The craziness never stops:

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
slcpunk wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Alienating our allies?  Let's see the proof and not the rhetoric.

NK war?  Pretty sure that happened once already.  I don't see how we're any closer than we were when Obama was ignoring it. 

Healthcare?  Pretty sure you're overreacting on that.  I work in healthcare and this isn't even a blip on the radar. 

PR is corrupt beyond belief.  They need to take some responsibility for their own problems.  Supplies have been there.  A cruise ship is sitting in port housing the help.  Do you want Don to go plug the power in himself?  WTF...

Coal?  You're worried about coal?  Good lord.

Did I miss any non-issues that you're trying to make into an issue because it fits your agenda?

The sky is blue.

No it's not, prove it!

Rinse/repeat.

That's why having a "conversation" with guys like you and Flagg is a waste of time. Jesus himself could come down to testify...wouldn't matter. Either way, if you think Trump's lack of legislative accomplishments means "nothing is happening" then you're not too bright. He's a bull in a china shop, destroying everything in his path while amping up conflict with another asshole in NK. Mostly importantly our relations with the rest of the planet. Something Flagg thinks is going just swimmingly, and Obama was much worse at relations, which as I said is just bonkers.

I take the time to go through point by point and that's your response?  And you wonder why nobody wastes their time with you...You post absolute garbage, then bitch when you get garbage responses.  Someone takes the time to go point by point and you respond with absolute garbage.  Please don't bother responding to this part...I know what you're going to say before you post it.  Using your post as evidence, you like to waste a lot of time.

So what exactly has he destroyed?  I mean other than the weak-minded fragile people like you...

Again...pot meet kettle...I find you gloss over most points made that don't fit your viewpoint...I don't see you directly respond point-by-point that often...just because you did it once recently doesn't mean you get the point the finger.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

The governor of PR flat out said the US Fed Showed with thousands on the ground but we couldn’t even open the port or airport for a few days so much of the slow recovery falls on us. This is from THEIR GOVERNOR, he said since day one FEMA was there and has been ready to help. But when back to the fact that on the local they need to step up.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

Again...pot meet kettle...I find you gloss over most points made that don't fit your viewpoint...I don't see you directly respond point-by-point that often...just because you did it once recently doesn't mean you get the point the finger.

Once is one more time than slc.  It absofuckinglutely means I can point the finger. 

Having a viewpoint is far different than having an agenda.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

PR is getting the aide they need, but can we point out that PR doesn't pay federal income tax?  So all that money going to support them is coming from the contributions of Americans in the 50 states.  So excuse me if I think a little extra concern should be given when handing out US Federal money to rebuild PR.  Especially with their track record of corruption and fiscal responsibility.  I'm sure the mayor of San Juan will be driving a new Tesla bitching about lack of help from Trump.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

So now we learn that the MGM is controlling Campos and said Ellen was the only show he could go on and he wouldn’t be challenged there. Again, more questions than answers.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

So now we learn that the MGM is controlling Campos and said Ellen was the only show he could go on and he wouldn’t be challenged there. Again, more questions than answers.

No conspiracy. The hotel is probably going to be facing massive lawsuits. They don’t want this dude sayin anything that could help a possible plaintiff.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
bigbri wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

No conspiracy. The hotel is probably going to be facing massive lawsuits. They don’t want this dude sayin anything that could help a possible plaintiff.

Sorry but the investigation to this comes before their lawsuits... He will have to speak to law enforcement.  I can't put this on the hotel or him, unless the hotel or him were involved in the execution or planning.  The lawsuits are sad too... A bunch of folks looking for money for someone to blame.  I think it is too soon to discuss lawsuits with no facts being present.  After we learn all the details, sure, but right now by doing all these lawsuits it makes everyone clam the fuck up.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

PR is getting the aide they need, but can we point out that PR doesn't pay federal income tax?  So all that money going to support them is coming from the contributions of Americans in the 50 states.  So excuse me if I think a little extra concern should be given when handing out US Federal money to rebuild PR.  Especially with their track record of corruption and fiscal responsibility.  I'm sure the mayor of San Juan will be driving a new Tesla bitching about lack of help from Trump.

I can see why you’d be concerned about that since you pay 40 percent income tax.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

I can see why you’d be concerned about that since you pay 40 percent income tax.

I never said income tax. And if I did, I misspoke. I said something like 40% of my income goes to taxes. That probably erroneously includes my health care plan, so subtract 1200. That’s still about 39k in taxes. In a discussion about the federal tax code which currently has deductions for state taxes, I assume all taxes fall under that umbrella. I don’t pay them anything come tax time and they don’t pay me. That’s how it should be, the tax code should be simple or even have your taxes done for you by the IRS like a lot of Europe does. It’s overly complicated and needs reform and simplification. If you missed that argument and choose to be pendantic, then you truly represent the difference between having a point of view or having an agenda that Buzz mentioned earlier.

Board footer