You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Re: US Politics Thread

You act like I supported or didn’t condemn Trump for his McCain comments during the election.  It was horrendous. Besides being a birther, it’s the primary reason I never supported him.

I’m also not claiming the Republicans are the party of the military. Tying a yellow ribbon round the old oak tree or posting a sign that says “support our troops” does dick. But at least they don’t look at those who sign up as fools and uneducated dipshits.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

DM5n-u4XkAA5KbM?format=jpg

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

She chose to enter the political foray when she opted to side with the fake cowboy.

So just to be clear, you're fine with Trump and his group of Twitter freaks going after this grieving widow. I think that's all we need to know about you.

slcpunk

slcpunk wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Anyway, the whole GOP is the party of the military went out the window when the rooted on emphatically a Manhattenite billionaire trust fund elite who received 4 deferments for bone spurts stated 'John McCain isn't a hero because he was caught'.

Right.

The GOP sells themselves as the hyper-masculine, flag waiving, patriot party. The simple act of kneeling during a football game is an outrage to our flag, our country and to the troops who defend it. Yet families of fallen soldiers are now "fair game", with very few Republicans calling this repugnant.

The same can be said for their claims of morality and fiscal responsibility. Not that they ever had a lock on these ideas, or actually practiced them in real life, but they hardly have a leg to stand on anymore.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/wp-content/upl … &strip=all

I still suck at posting images...but this a must see...

so much fat

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
slcpunk wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Anyway, the whole GOP is the party of the military went out the window when the rooted on emphatically a Manhattenite billionaire trust fund elite who received 4 deferments for bone spurts stated 'John McCain isn't a hero because he was caught'.

Right.

The GOP sells themselves as the hyper-masculine, flag waiving, patriot party. The simple act of kneeling during a football game is an outrage to our flag, our country and to the troops who defend it. Yet families of fallen soldiers are now "fair game", with very few Republicans calling this repugnant.

The same can be said for their claims of morality and fiscal responsibility. Not that they ever had a lock on these ideas, but they hardly have a leg to stand on anymore.

It truly is mind boggling isn't it? It's really exposing Trumplicans more and more....they don't really care about the fallen soldier...they don't care about austerity...they most certainly don't care about Trump insulting real war heroes....they don't care about the environment....they don't care about their own healthcare...

but man they sure are pissed off about some rather innocuous stuff....nfl players kneeling?

slcpunk

slcpunk wrote:

A speech today against Trump, by Jeff Flake. I don't remember this happening before. Corker explained he was only saying what all other (republicans) discuss in private. Maybe more will come forward who aren't actually retiring? This is a promising start though and a pretty big deal IMO.

Randall Flagg

slcpunk wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

She chose to enter the political foray when she opted to side with the fake cowboy.

So just to be clear, you're fine with Trump and his group of Twitter freaks going after this grieving widow. I think that's all we need to know about you.

You’re a hoot man.

Randall Flagg

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/na … 4a311dc048

Wow, this Russia thing looks to be blowing up in the Democrats face. A year of bellowing about collusion and we now know Russia was working with Manafort to lobby Clinton through Podesta’s firm.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcnew … ta-n812776

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/10 … rsies.html

The uranium accusations appear to have significant validity to them. Will be interesting to see if this manifests into something real.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.co … index.html

This could completely destroy the narrative the left has been pushing for a year, empowering Trump and harming their chances at 2018. Can you imagine if it turns out the Russians had been working/focused on gaining access with Clinton instead of Trump, showing how far back their involvement went and how corrupt/inept Obama/Clinton were at discovering it.

Now that we know that Clinton funded the piss tape dossier, what does it say about any notion of credibility? What does it say about her team releasing it after the election, solely to harm Trump? If they did so and knew it was false, wouldn’t that be treason?  That would be an overt attempt to harm the President and the nation. Hard to argue otherwise?

I just know I’d be really worried if I had been screaming about Russian influence and collusion only to find out it was the people I supported. I hope someone has their shitting pants on.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

2 Full Time employees, based in a town of 7,000, hometown of Interior Secretary Ryan Zinke.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/lawmaker … d=50682108

Founded in 2015, Whitefish -- which had just two full-time employees when the contract was signed -- says it has mobilized a team of nearly 300 subcontractors in Puerto Rico, with more on the way.
Still, lawmakers are demanding answers.

“There is something very fishy about the Whitefish deal,” Democratic Rep. Luis Gutierrez, Ill., said in a statement to ABC News. “I have been here 25 years and this doesn’t pass the smell test.”

"Congress needs to understand why the Whitefish contract was awarded and whether other, more cost-effective options were available," Rep. Raul Grijalva, R-Ariz., said in another statement.

Complicating matters are concerns over the relationship between Whitefish founder Andy Techmanski and Interior Secretary Ryan Zinke.

Both parties have confirmed the families know one another -- in their small hometown, "everyone knows everyone" the Interior Department said.

But both insist that Zinke did not advocate on Whitefish's behalf.

Sounds legit.

Board footer