You are not logged in. Please register or login.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

Re: A personal matter I could use advice with...

slcpunk wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

Thanks guys...I appreciate the input...I guess the hardest part for me is that I’ll never really understand why this happened.

How can someone shake your hand and then decide so quickly that they’re going to fuck you.

The more I Move forward with this the more ruthless they get...

I’ve never personally encountered such ruthless aggression.

With stuff like this, I've found it's a waste of energy to try and understand why. You want answers, I want answers...often times we'll never get them. You can drive yourself crazy trying to make sense of the universe.

Keep it simple. Lawsuits can be long and expensive. You've got to be like Spock, all  logic, no emotion.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

I've never been in a lawsuit. I do do video work & have shot my share of deposition videos & testimony. Majority of which are civil & not criminal.

My feedback, while minor, is do as others say & don't speak to them much at all (if ever). Especially do not discuss the case or business. Something mentioned very minor could be of great help to them. Case in point, a state trooper was deposed re; a car accident & crime scene photos he took. While on a break he spoke to me a bit about my video camera, mentioning his DSLR takes video too. Well, later on the attorney asked him 'Did you take any video of the crime scene?' He mentioned no & the  attorney asked why not. It wasn't a deal breaking moment in the case, as they take about 200 photos & theres little video would have proved, but it just goes to show you the most innocent thing can become of use. Also, lawyers when discovering will just brainstorm, and pop off questions off the top of their head, sometimes its interesting to watch. Anyway if you were to bitch & say you're lawyers been lazy, or you weren't aware of a certain document, or mention something they might be able to use it.

One more thing, alot of cases settle out of court. Trials are expensive and judges actually push attorneys to try to come to agreement on the backend. About 1/3 of my depositions cancel because it settled, which is why I like weddings better lol they rarely cancel. Anyway so I don't know if they're nervous & maybe their lawyer is advising them to settle. Maybe you mentioned it but what are you suing for, is it financial compensation or are you looking to get the business back plus past earnings, and how is the business now, still going pretty strong. Could be that their lawyers feels they did alot of illegal handling & possibly forgery, and feels they're not going to win. Otherwise tho they're just contacting you for insight into how you feel its going on your end, and trying to steal signs so to speak. If the company went under & they spent it all then its probably not all that worth pursuing, but it doesn't sound like thats the case.

Yes you're absolutely right...from what little interaction I've had with them since the end of our relationship, they seem hell bent of viewing this is some twisted, contorted way. I, in no way, want to give the judge any more reason to believe their warped version of the events.

They seem very adept and gaming the legal system but very stupid in other ways. Like....what will happen when my lawyer asks them, "do you know it's illegal and considered fraud to transfer clients and assets from on LLC you own part of to another LLC you own all of?"

How could they possibly have an answer for this? The won't...but that has never stopped them before from pulling shit outta their ass. It usually goes like:

Lawyer: "Why did you do X?"
Her: "Because mitchejw is an idiot."
Lawyer: "What made him an idiot? What did he do?"
Her: "Because he wouldn't do what I told him to do."
Lawyer: "What did you tell him to do?"
Her: "I told him to stop being an idiot."

We have tangible proof of all sorts of sketchy shit...huge checks written to herself and various family members, proof that she altered the opporating agreement, proof that she took my name off the bank account, proof that she held a secret meeting with 30 plus employees  to announce my departure (a meeting that she didn't invite me to or even make me aware of), we have evidence that she told all of our clients that the company just changed its name. She even sent out letters to our clients telling them I was no longer with the company and to not engage with me any more.

We have all of this evidence and even more! We have copies of emails of clients telling her how unprofessional she was...and they were not interested in her communication if it was solely to talk shit about me. If you're going to behave this way...wouldn't you at least try a little bit to cover you tracks?

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

slcpunk wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

Thanks guys...I appreciate the input...I guess the hardest part for me is that I’ll never really understand why this happened.

How can someone shake your hand and then decide so quickly that they’re going to fuck you.

With stuff like this, I've found it's a waste of energy to try and understand why. You want answers, I want answers...often times we'll never get them. You can drive yourself crazy trying to make sense of the universe.

Keep it simple. Lawsuits can be long and expensive. You've got to be like Spock, all  logic, no emotion.

This is excellent advice. I’ve spent a lot of time in therapy to come to terms with this.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
slcpunk wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

This is excellent advice. I’ve spent a lot of time in therapy to come to terms with this.

I couldn't agree more!

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

and on a personal note, I once cosigned a loan for a girl years ago. I was younger & dumb for doing it. Geeez I regret it. Wasn't exactly life changing money but it was pretty substantial and after a year or two she bailed on it & we were no longer really in touch. I called & emailed a few times but got sick of the excuses & ended up paying it myself. Fucking mistake

Yea that's the thing with money or co-signing. We do things like this when we are  younger. Today I wouldn't co-sign for anybody (that I can think of off hand) and if I would never "loan" money I'd only give it. Because hardly anybody is going to ever pay you back.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
slcpunk wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

and on a personal note, I once cosigned a loan for a girl years ago. I was younger & dumb for doing it. Geeez I regret it. Wasn't exactly life changing money but it was pretty substantial and after a year or two she bailed on it & we were no longer really in touch. I called & emailed a few times but got sick of the excuses & ended up paying it myself. Fucking mistake

Yea that's the thing with money or co-signing. We do things like this when we are  younger. Today I wouldn't co-sign for anybody (that I can think of off hand) and if I would never "loan" money I'd only give it. Because hardly anybody is going to ever pay you back.

Yeah, I figure had I not done it with her I prolly would done it was some other broad along the way. Still hurts, but lesson learned.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Do not speak to them without your lawyer.

It could potentially fuck up your case.

No point making a deal with them privately too as they've shown they are liars and thieves.

As for the personal cost, I can relate a bit as i've had some very distressing things happen business wise in life where I was betrayed by unethical people. Not much to say but hang in there dude. Don't over think what you did wrong every day - it was their fault for being scum not your fault for being tricked.

But yeah...lawyers only.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

What's good about this story (well, not the story itself) is the support shown in this thread.  I look at it like this...we can argue among ourselves about different things and that's fine, but nobody else can mess with us.  When any of us go through something, we're here to support each other whether we agree on GnR or politics or religion...whatever.  And it's easier to share things here with people we don't know personally (at least not in most cases) to get it off your chest where you wouldn't want to do it on facebook or something like that.

Happy to see people supporting each other.  That's how this site made it 10 years while the circus is going on in the GnR section.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

What's good about this story (well, not the story itself) is the support shown in this thread.  I look at it like this...we can argue among ourselves about different things and that's fine, but nobody else can mess with us.  When any of us go through something, we're here to support each other whether we agree on GnR or politics or religion...whatever.  And it's easier to share things here with people we don't know personally (at least not in most cases) to get it off your chest where you wouldn't want to do it on facebook or something like that.

Happy to see people supporting each other.  That's how this site made it 10 years while the circus is going on in the GnR section.

I couldn't agree more...there are so many areas to concentrate on that bring us together...I definitely could spend more time on that and less time in the politics thread.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:

My case was finally decided...and believe or not....I won...

but after 6 years....it took far more out of me than it was worth. I thank my wife for enduring this with me.

It wasn't worth it.

Board footer