You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: Going to Salem, Ma

Neemo wrote:

We are going on a road trip to Salem, Ma in the Fall ... any suggestions for stuff to do in and around the area?

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
Neemo wrote:

We are going on a road trip to Salem, Ma in the Fall ... any suggestions for stuff to do in and around the area?

Isn't that where the witch trials occurred?

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

Salem itself is a very walkable town with plenty to explore, can't think of anything specific really.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
Neemo wrote:

Isn't that where the witch trials occurred?

Yea we are doing a ghost walk and stuff in and around Halloween...and checking out a museum or 2 ... my wife has always been into that stuff

We may hit manchester by the sea just cuz the movie

Also pats play the chargers while we are there ... tho tickets seem pricey so that prolly wont happen

Anything outstanding in Boston that one should see or do?

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

I went to the Museum when I was young. It was interesting, still remember it all these years later. I wouldn't mind going back one of these days. I'll be at the Pats game. Tickets are pricey but it's worth it. You're invited to a top notch tailgate in P7 if you go.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
faldor wrote:

I went to the Museum when I was young. It was interesting, still remember it all these years later. I wouldn't mind going back one of these days. I'll be at the Pats game. Tickets are pricey but it's worth it. You're invited to a top notch tailgate in P7 if you go.

That might be worth it even if you skip going to the game!

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
faldor wrote:

That might be worth it even if you skip going to the game!

True, you could just come for the tailgate. It's just as fun as the game itself in some respects. I'm typically not an early riser, but I wake up bright eyed and bushy tailed to leave the house at 7 for 1 o'clock games during the season.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

We didnt arrive at our hotel until 730pm on sunday so yea we missed the game and the tailgate

Salem was fun

We did 3 museums and a cruise around the harbour plus a ghost walk and just generally wandering around checking stuff out

Saw the hocus pocus house, house of 7 gables, salem willows park and the witches house...we may try to see gallows hill tomorrow before we go

Today we took the commuter train into Boston and walked the freedom trail, visited the cheers bar, walked thru Boston common and the Boston public garden , went to faneuil hall market and stopped in the north end for a Canoli and had dinner in a little italian restaurant 

There is some gorgeous historic architecture in boston ... and some nice modern stuff too

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
Neemo wrote:

We didnt arrive at our hotel until 730pm on sunday so yea we missed the game and the tailgate

Salem was fun

We did 3 museums and a cruise around the harbour plus a ghost walk and just generally wandering around checking stuff out

Saw the hocus pocus house, house of 7 gables, salem willows park and the witches house...we may try to see gallows hill tomorrow before we go

Today we took the commuter train into Boston and walked the freedom trail, visited the cheers bar, walked thru Boston common and the Boston public garden , went to faneuil hall market and stopped in the north end for a Canoli and had dinner in a little italian restaurant 

There is some gorgeous historic architecture in boston ... and some nice modern stuff too

Is this a kid-less trip?

Sounds awesome man....the northeast is the most historical...and in my opinion....most developed part of the country.

Is the Cheers bar anything like what was on TV?

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

Yea we left the kids at home with my wife's mom

The cheers bar on the outside is how it looks like on the tv show....inside the place is way smaller

We had a beer there and i bought the mug afterwards...i sat in Norm's seat (there is a little plaque set into the wood on the bar)

they have  a TV show set upstairs along with a store where u can take a pic ... but i think its just the bar part cuz it still seemed too small to me (from my recollection of the show)

Board footer