You are not logged in. Please register or login.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

Re: US Politics Thread

slcpunk wrote:

https://twitter.com/4everNeverTrump/status/928699060810219521

My favorite:

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Why provide evidence or justify an accusation/claim when it’s now considered a conversation to find people who share your opinion and are equally ignorant.

Notice how they’re framing their argument?  If you even want some kind of verification before ruining a person’s life, you’re defending a rapist and are dispicable. No opportunity for discussion?  Is this who we want to be?  Do we want political accusations to be accepted without question under threat of being labeled a bigot or rape apologist?  It just reeks of sleaze and anti-intellectualism. It truly is a mob mentality.

slcpunk

slcpunk wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Why provide evidence or justify an accusation/claim when it’s now considered a conversation to find people who share your opinion and are equally ignorant.

Notice how they’re framing their argument?  If you even want some kind of verification before ruining a person’s life, you’re defending a rapist and are dispicable. No opportunity for discussion?  Is this who we want to be?  Do we want political accusations to be accepted without question under threat of being labeled a bigot or rape apologist?  It just reeks of sleaze and anti-intellectualism. It truly is a mob mentality.

The women came forward to report this. How else would you like to verify?

Leigh Corfman was just 14 when she says Roy Moore—the former Chief Justice of the Alabama Supreme Court who’s now poised to win a U.S. Senate seat—initiated a sexual encounter with her, according to explosive new reporting by The Washington Post.

She recounted that on that second visit:

He took off her shirt and pants and removed his clothes. He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear.

“I wanted it over with — I wanted out,” she remembers thinking. “Please just get this over with. Whatever this is, just get it over.” Corfman says she asked Moore to take her home, and he did.

Randall Flagg

slcpunk wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

The women came forward to report this. How else would you like to verify?

Leigh Corfman was just 14 when she says Roy Moore—the former Chief Justice of the Alabama Supreme Court who’s now poised to win a U.S. Senate seat—initiated a sexual encounter with her, according to explosive new reporting by The Washington Post.

She recounted that on that second visit:

He took off her shirt and pants and removed his clothes. He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear.

“I wanted it over with — I wanted out,” she remembers thinking. “Please just get this over with. Whatever this is, just get it over.” Corfman says she asked Moore to take her home, and he did.

I don’t know what happened. I think Moore would be a terrible senator. That doesn’t mean we ignore due process and convict him through twitter.  There’s no reason at this point to assume the accusation is true. It’s entirely possible it’s fabricated. If I lived in Alabama I wouldn’t vote for him, but we don’t weaponize sexual assault allegations to sabotage someone.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Moore’s own statement doesn’t deny he had sexual contact with a girl. He only called the Post story false. The woman says Moore initiated the contact. He can say it was consensual and thus the story is false.

If he didn’t do it, there’s no need for a 400-word statement attacking the Post, Hillary, Obama, and crying fake news.

Just say: “I did not have relationships with minor girls. I’m not a pedophile. I’ll say no more as I focus on winning this race.”

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Moore’s own statement doesn’t deny he had sexual contact with a girl. He only called the Post story false. The woman says Moore initiated the contact. He can say it was consensual and thus the story is false.

If he didn’t do it, there’s no need for a 400-word statement attacking the Post, Hillary, Obama, and crying fake news.

Just say: “I did not have relationships with minor girls. I’m not a pedophile. I’ll say no more as I focus on winning this race.”

That’s always the standard practice...before responding to allegations of gross misconduct, you must always refer to Obama’s and Hillary’s conduct and character.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

This guy is a Fucking clown.

Fuck Steve Bannon

I live in Alabama

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Fuck Steve Bannon

I live in Alabama

Thing is it's such an important race on a national level (for GOPers). Would bring it down to 51-49, and with McCain, Collins from Maine & Murkowski from Alaska occasionally flipping sides it'll really bring it down. Let alone the added importance to the 2018 races. Plus, Alabama's a gimmie for Republicans, I haven't followed it but I would guess previously they had no thoughts of losing the seat, now, it's possible its close or they're losing it.

I agree tho, sometimes you gotta look at things on the level & be like 'That just ain't right.'

Randall Flagg

PaSnow wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Fuck Steve Bannon

I live in Alabama

Thing is it's such an important race on a national level (for GOPers). Would bring it down to 51-49, and with McCain, Collins from Maine & Murkowski from Alaska occasionally flipping sides it'll really bring it down. Let alone the added importance to the 2018 races. Plus, Alabama's a gimmie for Republicans, I haven't followed it but I would guess previously they had no thoughts of losing the seat, now, it's possible its close or they're losing it.

I agree tho, sometimes you gotta look at things on the level & be like 'That just ain't right.'

Yea, I don’t know anything about the Democratic candidate. It’d be a shame if some Sanders type won because Moore was sabotaged, but regardless of these accusations, he has no business being in the Senate. I see him as Cruz on steroids, if such a thing was possible.

I guess we’ll see if an October surprise with no evidence is enough to dissuade the Alabama voters who supported him in the primary.

Not that it will stop the media and window lickers, but at least you can’t say this guy’s loss was a response to Trump. Trump didn’t want this guy in the primary and until this, Moore had a 10 point lead in polls.

slcpunk

slcpunk wrote:

Shit's getting weird around here:

Washington (CNN)Former White House national security adviser Mike Flynn and his son are alleged to have been offered as much as $15 million to forcibly remove from the US a Muslim cleric wanted by Turkey, The Wall Street Journal reports.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/10/politics/ … index.html

Board footer