You are not logged in. Please register or login.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

Re: Kevin Spacey

slashsfro wrote:
monkeychow wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

I loved house of cards season 1-2 (felt it went a bit off after that) and love Spacey's acting work.

Agreed. Season 1 was great, Season 2 was great too, but I felt they rushed the situation, Underwood becoming Prez. Season 3 sorta dragged a bit for me, and while Robin Wright was great at her part, I felt her inclusion into her political position was a bit too forced. I liked her better as the charity head and Underwood as a Congressmen. I finally finished it but didn't bother with Season 4 or 5, a friend told me what happens (new President) and I laughed, can't imagine how the storyline went but I'm glad I didn't bother.

Hidden Text:

Yeah. I thought it was more effective and realistic having her be a powerful woman but working behind the scenes and in their sham charity to further his power - so they were a power couple. Like he was the face of it but they share the privilege and glory from it. But yeah - when she decides she wants to go into politics and then is both accepted at that by the public and able to out play him - yeah...lost credibility with me. To me season 2 was a natural end point really.

Hidden Text:

Yeah the first two seasons are the only good ones for me.  The entire season 3 plotline where Claire goes to Russia to advocate for the release of the journalist/humanitarian(I forget what he was exactly) was a giant snooze fest.  Season 4 was better  MAJOR SPOILER UPCOMING since
Frank Underwood got shot.  But then Joel Klimman is so boring as  Will, the Republican candidate for President.  I never finished S5, only got into a few episodes into it before I gave up

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:

Louis CK apologies, says accusations are true. WTF is wrong with these guys?

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

The Corey Feldman allegations got me rethinking about the whole Different Strokes cast & issues they had. I have a feeling some really horrible things were happening to the 3 of them.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
slcpunk wrote:

Louis CK apologies, says accusations are true. WTF is wrong with these guys?

I still think it was shitty. He's literally being lumped in with rapists for asking chicks if he could jerk off in front of them. Who he would later go on and apologize to on his own. That's not near the same.

TheSundanceKid
 Rep: 30 

Yeah I hate Kevin Spacey. This didn't surprise me.

Shitty he used the moment to come out of the closet, and try to correlate both things. That was bullshit. Luckily the gay community and people at large spoke out against him.

Louis CK thing I was waiting for it to drop. As rumours had been going on for years, and literally when it came to me again. Like when is this going to drop. Boom. It happened. I mean jerking off in front of people is sleazy and perverted. But, he didn't rape anyone or physically assault them. Not condoning it.

One thing that I hate is how they mention Mel Gibson in some of these articles. And its like yeah dude has never sexually assault anyone or has been a women beater. He made an anti Semitic comment, dropped the n word (in a private conversation), and admitted to slapping his ex wife when she was shaking his child. Not in the same league as these guys. I don't think Gibson is anti Semitic or racist. He just fucked up. We all do. And he has paid dearly. If any allegations into his behaviour being terrible was true, it would have come to light after that police incident.

It still boggles my mind how Ben Affleck has a career after admitting to groping a lady. Or Casey Affleck with his allegations.

To conclude, fuck Kevin Spacey. And get consent people.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

The Louis CK thing is weird, I’d heard of these allegations a couple of years ago. It’s almost like people have taken the opportunity to remind the public what he did because it didn’t generate enough of a story the first time.

Not condoning the behaviour btw it’s weird and I don’t get it but it’s also not worth someone losing their career over either imo. It certainly isn’t touching up teenagers or raping woman who are worried their careers are over if they don’t go along with it.

One of the woman has said he did it whilst they were having a phone conversation. Hang up the phone FFS!

johndivney wrote:

House of Cards is fucking risible.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

That’s my problem. Everyone is running to the media for attention. Who knows what’s real, exaggerated, or bull shit.

The moment all this stuff was hashtagged was the moment I stopped giving a shit. You're not really doing it to get some traumatic experience off your chest. You're doing it for attention and "likes".

We're supposed to "like" stories of sexual assault I guess....

We're lowering the bar on what assault is. Like Buzzsaw, I did some crazy shit in my youth that I wont win any merit badges for. In today's era, many of those situations would be considered worse than they actually were.

PaSnow wrote:

The Corey Feldman allegations got me rethinking about the whole Different Strokes cast & issues they had. I have a feeling some really horrible things were happening to the 3 of them.

That's not the only show I've had second thoughts on over the years. Remember Who's The Boss? When that little boy came out as a gay drug addict with AIDS in the late 90s(or whenever), I wondered if some guy involved with the show had molested him.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

A perfect example of what I was talking about.....

img20171120_185905.png
img20171120_185927.png
img20171120_185945.png

It has to get posted multiple times and of course they gotta get that hashtag in each time....to leave it out would defeat the purpose.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

Yeah, if that offends you, that's a you problem.  Gene grabs your hand and puts it on his dick?  Be offended.  Anything less than that and you're just diluting the actually offensive things people do.

Board footer