You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: LEAKS THREAD

James wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:

I think in a lot of ways Duff regretted leaving the Seattle scene before it exploded.

I think so too.

Not a coincidence he started rubbing elbows with all those people.

Walker wrote:

Duff played for Jane's Addiction, not Alice In Chains

He was also part of the Mad Season reunion. 9 Boy was that weird. Cornell on vocals, Duff on bass. 9

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

Duff did indeed play guitar with AIC. Not sure if it was a whole tour, but he did play some shows with them

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

In 2011 Duff was a frequent guest with AIC - sort of like how Baz was a recurring guest with Axl in 2006.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
dave-gnfnr wrote:

The best versions of madagascar are the RIR 3 and 2002 live versions.

The song peaked at Rio. That solo is godly. It was never performed that good again....not even by Bucket.

Worst Madagascar solo?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxYO_l8xYsI

Nails on a chalkboard....

Walker wrote:

I think the best versions of the songs were leaked on Antiquiet.

Yep. I consider that the album. tongue I prefer it over the actual album even though it has three less songs.

monkeychow wrote:

I'm lost here.

Why is it a problem if Andre said some mean things about the band?

Some people have a lengthy history with Andre. He posted on other sites for years as a fake insider, fake hoarder, fake leaker, and would go from hater to lover at the drop of a hat.

I don't recall him doing that shit here but I'm not surprised to see some negativity directed at him.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

In 2011 Duff was a frequent guest with AIC - sort of like how Baz was a recurring guest with Axl in 2006.

Thought so. Thanks!

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

He was also part of the Mad Season reunion. 9 Boy was that weird. Cornell on vocals, Duff on bass. 9

Off topic but the three "new" tracks on the Above deluxe edition from a few years ago with Mark Lanegan on vocals are superb. Magnificent material.

fartfactory699
 Rep: 0 

could someone please PM me this? DYING to hear it.

Voodoochild
 Rep: 3 

Voodoochild wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
dave-gnfnr wrote:

The best versions of madagascar are the RIR 3 and 2002 live versions.

The song peaked at Rio. That solo is godly. It was never performed that good again....not even by Bucket.

Worst Madagascar solo?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxYO_l8xYsI

Nails on a chalkboard....

But Axl - even in one if his not so good nights in 2006 -, Brain and Robin are killing it, though.

Scottbullseye
 Rep: 0 

Hi could someone please pm me Madagascar. I've been looking for hours

Furbush
 Rep: 107 

Furbush wrote:
Wagszilla wrote:

The VMA performance made me a super fan. It's why I'm here with you fine people.
I was entranced by Madagascar, Buckethead, and Axl looking like a Neo Tokyo rockstar.

I hope to hear the unreleased Chinese Democracy / CD2 material some day but will be forever let down we didn't get many long years of collaboration between pseudo-asian Axl and space alien Finck and technobot Buckethead.

The things we could've done together.

I realize that I'm wayyyy late on this thread, and this post, but fuck it.

I've said it a Brazilian times. That VMA performance/ band gets shit on a bunch by casuals and some hardcores, but that band was a versatile fucking monster that should have put out at least 4 records. As prolific and brilliant as Bucket/Brain are?  Guns 2.0 would have turned all kids of heads.

The eclectic, soulful shredding of Bucket, with Fortus holding down the traditional blues based fiddlin'. Robin's unique industrial punk vibe?
The rhythm section from Hell, Dizzy Fucking Reed... The douche canoe on the keytar on stage right and Uncle Anime Axl?
It was quite the beast that was put together, and I didn't really care how gassed Axl was at the VMAs... I was sooo pumped. Maddy was EPIC.

He was hitting the notes, mannnn... "AHHHH FREE FROM ALLL THE CHAINS"

Round One indeed.

That shot of Buckethead in a typhoon of confetti... Shredding with one hand, swingin' a fuckin' Num Chuck bucket with the other... His head cocked to the side?

All the yesses.
I worshipped the old band, but that band was so like... What the fuck? That I was on board. They kicked soo much ass.

CD should have dropped 2 weeks after that show as a 4 album box set or separately (CD1, 2, 3 and 4) It would have one upped UYI 1 and 2 debuting as the top two records, by being the first band to have the top FOUR albums on the charts.

Could you imagine?
I salivate at the thought.
They would have fucked shit up.
PS... I dunno if anyone has mentioned it, but we need a Melissa emoji.

Board footer