You are not logged in. Please register or login.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

Re: Where do Guns N' Roses Go from here?

monkeychow wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

With their medical backgrounds and the history of bodily abuse i would be very surprised if someone doesn't have some tangible issues within the next 10 years.

Yeah – if anything, the one to worry about is Slash, given that he's got a bloody pacemaker. Duff's very clean living these days, and Axl's always seemed healthy as a horse.

Yeah, I don't mean to be negative, I was just thinking if I take the rock-god out of it - on a human level I wonder. Like some of this stuff is DNA or whatever - I've known people who were clean living and died young and people who did all the wrong things and lived to be old. So you never know.

I just figure from what we know:

Slash - Pacemaker at 30, Long term heroin abuse, Significant alcohol abuse, smoked for years.

Axl - Smoker for a time, Enjoys at least recreational drinking but we don't know how much, occasional non-junkie drug use 'splendour' etc

Duff - History of catastrophic drinking.

I mean hopefully they all have the keith richards gene and not the Malcom Young gene. But take any 7 people and hope none of them have a health issue between 50-70 yo is a gamble.

Their current ages are Slash (52), Axl (55), Duff (53), Richard (51), Frank (51), Dizzy (54) and Melissa (16).

That said I believe Axl will eventually release something like he did last time, I just think given their histories and the nature of life - he's running out of time.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

Their current ages are Slash (52), Axl (55), Duff (53), Richard (51), Frank (51), Dizzy (54) and Melissa (16).

16??    Damn, I jerked off to her twice already. hmm

dalethirsty
 Rep: 20 

dalethirsty wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

At best, I could maybe see a CD2/outakes type album, maybe box settish thing, and possibly later a newer written album with Slash & Duff contributions to the writing process. My guess is that the band kinda breaks up & a CD2 type thing is released, but nothing special. If it doesn't happen or get announced in 2018 I don't have high hopes.

the only 3 scenarios i see even remotely possible for a new release are 1) a best of compilation, 2) a career-spanning live album, or 3) chinese democracy 10th anniversary box set w/ "demos", cut songs and the remixes.

the greatest hits was a disaster, and missed out on classics while including some truly head-scratching additions. a proper best of double album would sell like crazy and be the easiest thing in the world to put together, so i think it would only make sense to strike while the iron is hot.

live era is decent, but it's not really a live album, nor does it give a varied showcase of the band at their best and most exciting. i'd love to see something that had early '86 performances at peak of the band's rawness, some 88-89 stuff during their peak, a few '91 songs and even some stuff from kickass '16 shows like houston or detroit.

the main reason i think there's a chance of cd boxset type thing is because it's axl's life work and it never got a proper release that he was totally proud of. also, melissa and brain performing a bunch of the remixes lately gives me hope -- that's gotta mean something, can't be totally random.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

I was thinking over the weekend & this may go the way of The Police & Van Halen reunions. People got all amped for new material, the bands reunited, toured, got along, then that was it.

Wouldn't surprise me if 2018 is it, then Slash & Duff move onto their seperate ways.

TheSundanceKid
 Rep: 30 

They will release something.

Not going to be negative about it.

It will be done.

Axl ain't Van Halen or any shit band.

He has some form of integrity.

Hate his photography policy, but, he'll he ain't kicking women in the face like that cunt the pigeons of shit metal Josh Homme.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Van hallen did release an album for the 2012 reunion at least.

Axl said at the China Exchange interview that he does eventually want to release something else. So I'll take that at face value and hope it happens.

But I do think health wise their age and lifestyles will catch up to them sadly.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:
TheSundanceKid wrote:

Axl ain't Van Halen or any shit band.

He has some form of integrity.

Lol... ok

Van Halen may not be your thing, but they’re most definitely NOT a shitty band, and they put out one of their best albums along with their reunion as well. You can’t fault them for that.

Axl Rose and integrity?

If he had any, Izzy and Steven would be up there for those reunion shows, not just 3 originals

Integrity? Please....

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
CSS 2.0 wrote:

2018 will be spent on the road and then... who knows? Maybe they'll continue to tour in 2019 but it wouldn't shock me if next year is the final nail in the coffin for Guns N' Roses as an active group.

It's not going to stop. Will they take breaks? Certainly. It's not going to stop though unless god forbid one of them dies.

They set themselves up quite nicely as being a Stones type juggernaut and just like the Stones, we'll get it in cycles.

I also agree with 11day now about the "they're running out of time..." thing being nonsense. While there is technically a window(we don't live forever), people like Jagger, McCartney, Waters, etc. show that you can continue doing this at a high level as you enter your 70s. 70 aint what it used to be. Neither is 60.

The music industry is completely different now. The album/tour cycles are long gone. An album or song is now nothing more than a promotional tool for your tour and if you don't need much promotion.....you don't need an album.

I also agree with dale....a strong possibility of a song for a big movie soundtrack during a future tour.

the greatest hits was a disaster,

From a hardcore fan perspective? Yes. otherwise...not a disaster. It's a big seller. Its their equivalent of Soundgarden's A Sides.....nothing but the singles. Its intended to be aimed at casuals....and so is the tour.

What we want is a genuine compilation that dives deep into the discog and vault.

Board footer