You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Re: US Politics Thread

misterID wrote:

You're seriousy comparing DACA to what Reagan did? Im pretty right leaning on immigration and I agree with letting dreamers stay. And Obama supported E Verify.

I never said he was infallible. I don't know where you got that. I can disagree with him, but I was proud he was my President. He certainly didn't embarrass me.

Yes. About 2 million got amnesty under Reagan’s amnesty and it was curtailed. It wasn’t until liberal courts expanded its coverage that the number exploded. Obama’s DACA is right around there too. And every child they have adds to that figure.

At least Reagan’s was legal. I’m not against a well done amnesty. I’m not ok with free for all amnesty and 3rd cousins being brought in afterwards due to chain migration.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Oh, and now  Sarah Palin had to call the cops on her son Track.

Hmmmmmm, if Malia Obama was knocked up at 17 & the Obama's had a son they had to call the cops on, I'm sure that would've went over real well with Conservatives.  10

I don’t think anyone but the tea baggers thought Palin or her family were admirable.

That being said, the attention and scrutiny Palin’s family gets cant be compared to how protected Obama’s were. The older Obama daughter wears a black power shirt while her dad is president and it wasn’t even acknowledged. If Baron wore a confederate flag, every outlet in the world would be fixated on it.

Brietbart broke a news story they were on vacation & named the hotel they were staying at. This was back when they were mid-teens. Way to go, BB.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
misterID wrote:

You're seriousy comparing DACA to what Reagan did? Im pretty right leaning on immigration and I agree with letting dreamers stay. And Obama supported E Verify.

I never said he was infallible. I don't know where you got that. I can disagree with him, but I was proud he was my President. He certainly didn't embarrass me.

Yes. About 2 million got amnesty under Reagan’s amnesty and it was curtailed. It wasn’t until liberal courts expanded its coverage that the number exploded. Obama’s DACA is right around there too. And every child they have adds to that figure.

At least Reagan’s was legal. I’m not against a well done amnesty. I’m not ok with free for all amnesty and 3rd cousins being brought in afterwards due to chain migration.

Again, I don't know where you're getting Obama giving blanket amnesty. He waited for the bipartisan bill republicans helped write and then they turned around and voted against... Their own bill.

Randall Flagg

misterID wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
misterID wrote:

Again, I don't know where you're getting Obama giving blanket amnesty. He waited for the bipartisan bill republicans helped write and then they turned around and voted against... Their own bill.

That’s the rationalizing you do to support him. It was still illegal and now it’s gone. Just because congress doesn’t go the way a president wants, doesn’t give him the right or authority to violate the constitution. The president doesn’t create new laws.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
misterID wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

That’s the rationalizing you do to support him. It was still illegal and now it’s gone. Just because congress doesn’t go the way a president wants, doesn’t give him the right or authority to violate the constitution. The president doesn’t create new laws.

you're right...the republican congress gets to play political game about immigration until they have their president...and then they act like they've been reasonable all along....while clearly this was all personal and all about embarrassing Obama....always ways and still is...

the game is the game...it's not just about policy analysis as you always try to make it out to be.

Randall Flagg

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
misterID wrote:

you're right...the republican congress gets to play political game about immigration until they have their president...and then they act like they've been reasonable all along....while clearly this was all personal and all about embarrassing Obama....always ways and still is...

the game is the game...it's not just about policy analysis as you always try to make it out to be.

I’m not sure of your point. Even games have rules. The Steelers didn’t get to redo the intercepted pass because it’s bullshit they overturned the touchdown.

I honestly don’t recall the details of the immigration deal, other than it had bipartisan support in the senate. I don’t recall the GOP house being behind it, but again, I don’t recall all the details.

If Trump declared all Israelis had American citizenship tomorrow and issued an EO and a directive to the embassy in Tel Aviv to start issuing passports, I wouldn’t shrug my shoulders and say “Obama did it, so it’s ok.”  I’d be outraged and call it illegal.

I’ll concede the point that the GOP bungled amnesty 4 years ago. It’s irrelevant. That doesn’t then empower Obama to do something he himself previously acknowledged the lack of power to do.

It’s the same reason Obama fucked up on Iran and Paris. He can’t make agreements with foreign nations without the consent of the Senate. Just because he wanted to agree to a non-binding pact because he lacked the leadership to get a deal Congress wanted, doesn’t make him cool or right. It’s embarassing and childish. Same with his stunt in Utah and the media pretending Trump overturned some sacred monument. It’s petty and anyone with an IQ around 100 realizes creating drama to create drama isn’t how we govern. Lead or get the fuck out of the way. The Dems held the house for 4 years before they lost it. They held the senate for 6. They didn’t do anything and blamed everyone else, so they got voted out. Now the republicans are on track to do the same.

Quit voting for Ted Cruz and Elizabeth Warren types. And don’t support back and forth temporary edicts, some of which are illegal. If congress can’t get a majority or cross the aisle, the law doesn’t get changed.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
misterID wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Oh bullshit, you know very well it was intended as a short term fix until the repubs got their shit together, which they never did. They deserve every shitty thing that happens to them here on out.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:

The booming stock market actually went down yesterday....thanks Obama....you're fuking things up even a year after leaving office.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

I wonder if this is just a status update or something more.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Interesting.

One of the comments has a theory its a preemptive move, to get ahead of the curve and make a statement before the GOP tries to end it. A theory, but worth considering. Even just saying something like they expect to pick it back up when the return to DC next year.

Board footer