You are not logged in. Please register or login.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

Re: The Video Game Console Thread

buzzsaw wrote:

I already have a PS4.  I'm thinking about buying an xbox one since the price seems to be coming down mostly to use as a blue ray player, but I could certainly use it for gaming too.  Any pros/cons vs the PS4 that I should be aware of?

esoterica
 Rep: 69 

esoterica wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

I already have a PS4.  I'm thinking about buying an xbox one since the price seems to be coming down mostly to use as a blue ray player, but I could certainly use it for gaming too.  Any pros/cons vs the PS4 that I should be aware of?

Buy the PS4 Pro for future proofing.

It'll provide increased performance even if you don't use the 4K.

Basically Sony/Microsoft are introducing half-way model upgrades of consoles between new consoles.

PS4 --> PS4 Pro (PS4.5) ---> PS5 (probably around 2020).

I would google PS4 fan noise issues and see if the Pro has said issues. I remember one of them did but not the specifics.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:

I think my Battlefront II is supposed to arrive today.  I suck at FPS games, but going to have to give this one a shot.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

buzzsaw wrote:

I think my Battlefront II is supposed to arrive today.  I suck at FPS games, but going to have to give this one a shot.

I suck at it. Can’t get passed the tie fighter battle on easy.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

I suck at it. Can’t get passed the tie fighter battle on easy.

I had gotten really good at Battlefront, and now I feel like I don’t know what the hell I’m doing on Battlefront II. I love it; it’s just a bit harder. No power-ups all over the board; heroes are harder to get and harder to use for me.

The weapons are more accurate it seems, though.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:

So it took forever to load, then takes forever to start.  I selected the "good" guys and have a bunch of storm troopers to play as for some reason.  So I turned it off.  Not happy so far...

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

On multiplayer it switches back and forth between empire and rebels so everyone gets a chance to be everyone

The storey runs the gambit between empire and rebels as well

The choice between resistance and first order is just a choice for the sake of having a choice...just a promo for the last jedi to give people extra stuff for the game for free as a gesture of good will after the controversy at the beginning of pay to play

IE each week...If the resistance aligned players win more online rewards than the first order players ... then they get a slightly better reward or vice-versa ...but regardless of your allegiance u still get rewards at weeks end ...

i picked resistance as well but i think the first order has more players....first order won the 1st 2 weeks but resistance won last week

I sucked big time at the beginning...now i suck a little less lol

I'm rank 24

I managed to unlock the last hero today so now i can use my credits for crates...i suggest buying hero crates or starfighter crates...but ur choice

Pm me if u want my psn name...maybe we can hook up for some games

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Ps4 Pro can do 4k video for streaming and games but not play 4k UHD Bluray movie disks.

I believe the Xbox One X can play UHD 4k Blurays.

Personally I use a projector and am waiting for 4k projectors to go from insane to sensible prices..so it doesn't affect me yet - sticking to my PS4 Pro. But if you're buying one for a blu player make sure it's 4k capable for the future.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
monkeychow wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Ps4 Pro can do 4k video for streaming and games but not play 4k UHD Bluray movie disks.

I believe the Xbox One X can play UHD 4k Blurays.

Personally I use a projector and am waiting for 4k projectors to go from insane to sensible prices..so it doesn't affect me yet - sticking to my PS4 Pro. But if you're buying one for a blu player make sure it's 4k capable for the future.

Yeah, I love my PS4 in terms of the gaming.  I was looking at the nice bluray players and they were over $100 where I could get an xbox for about $200 with the additional gaming options.  I figured if I was already blowing $150ish, I may as well throw the extra $50 in there and get the gaming platform too.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Makes sense.

I might do the same thing when I get a 4k display happening.

Board footer