You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Re: US Politics Thread

I've often wondered the same thing.  The guy put a lot more energy into campaigning than Clinton did, and no one questions her desire for the office.  But either he really understands middle America, or he's the luckiest son of a bitch to run for office.  I don't think he expected to win with such a large electoral victory though.  Flipping one of the blue states, sure.  Flipping all 3 he tried for and taking both Ohio and Florida, no one could have predicted that.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

I've often wondered the same thing.  The guy put a lot more energy into campaigning than Clinton did, and no one questions her desire for the office.  But either he really understands middle America, or he's the luckiest son of a bitch to run for office.  I don't think he expected to win with such a large electoral victory though.  Flipping one of the blue states, sure.  Flipping all 3 he tried for and taking both Ohio and Florida, no one could have predicted that.

Predicted exactly that?  No.  But I said people underestimated how sick of the establishment people are.  That's what got him elected.  Apathy/strong dislike for Clinton by the Democratic voters which resulted in lower turnout and the fact that an outsider (no matter how idiotic) was running on issues that rallied the conservatives to show up where it mattered. 

Now we have to deal with all of the bad things that go along with a non-establishment President without cleaning house in the House and Senate.  We're dipping our toe into non-establishment so to speak and it's not really going well because he's the wrong guy for the job and nobody is really working with him.  In some ways he could have been the right guy to bridge the gap as he's really a Democrat anyway, but by drawing some hard lines where he did to get elected, he ruined the chance of doing the one thing he should be able to do which is negotiate deals that would be good for everyone.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Predicted exactly that?  No.  But I said people underestimated how sick of the establishment people are.  That's what got him elected.  Apathy/strong dislike for Clinton by the Democratic voters which resulted in lower turnout and the fact that an outsider (no matter how idiotic) was running on issues that rallied the conservatives to show up where it mattered. 

Now we have to deal with all of the bad things that go along with a non-establishment President without cleaning house in the House and Senate.  We're dipping our toe into non-establishment so to speak and it's not really going well because he's the wrong guy for the job and nobody is really working with him.  In some ways he could have been the right guy to bridge the gap as he's really a Democrat anyway, but by drawing some hard lines where he did to get elected, he ruined the chance of doing the one thing he should be able to do which is negotiate deals that would be good for everyone.

At least we agree on that...Trump ain’t the one.

The American voter is one fickle bitch.

Big difference between you and me is that i enjoy watching Trump get embarrassed and humiliated every time it happens. I enjoy all the exposure of the man behind the curtain. He’s not glamorous...he’s sleazy and has an insatiable appetite for attention.

Although i truly question whether or not he is ‘anti-establishment’ based on his actions. Nothing he’s done (or tried to do) has been revolutionary and novel in any way.

If you really want someone who can go into Washington and change how it works...he can’t be someone so tainted with ugliness and scandal.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:

Perfect!! They’ve reopened th Clinton investigation!!! Yessssss

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:

Trump's lawyer tries to block publication of damning book about president's chaotic first year

http://www.latimes.com/politics/washing … story.html

Randall Flagg

https://www.yahoo.com/news/michael-wolf … 09421.html

Tony Blair calling the book's story about him completely fabricated.

The book claims Trump didn't even know what a golden shower was when the Steele Dossier came out.  Is that part true?  Or is that just fluff and everything else is true?  I ordered my copy from iTunes.  Hopefully it gets released early too.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Fox News probably didn't want to tweet this. I guess bringing back coal jobs wasn't enough ...

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

I don't agree with a lot of GOP policies, of course, but rolling back the progress being made on legalizing marijuana might be the single worst decision ANY administration could make.

The war on drugs failed. It was a disaster.

Marijuana should be legal at the federal level, regulated, and taxed like cigarettes and alcohol. Big Tobacco isn't really fighting it anymore. I imagine all big tobacco companies already were planning on issuing their own marijuana cigarettes once pot was legal across the board.

If anything, pot should be legal, and alcohol and cigarettes should be banned. Those two are much more dangerous than pot.

You guys also know i think the majority of drugs should be legalized and regulated, but that's far down the road. Pot, though, was a no-brainer and progress was being made. It would be a moneymaker for so many people. It would create jobs. It would pull the rug out from under a lot of small-time dealers. I don't see the downside.

But, I'm not Jeff Sessions who just wants to put more brown people in jail, I guess.

Randall Flagg

bigbri wrote:

I don't agree with a lot of GOP policies, of course, but rolling back the progress being made on legalizing marijuana might be the single worst decision ANY administration could make.

The war on drugs failed. It was a disaster.

Marijuana should be legal at the federal level, regulated, and taxed like cigarettes and alcohol. Big Tobacco isn't really fighting it anymore. I imagine all big tobacco companies already were planning on issuing their own marijuana cigarettes once pot was legal across the board.

If anything, pot should be legal, and alcohol and cigarettes should be banned. Those two are much more dangerous than pot.

You guys also know i think the majority of drugs should be legalized and regulated, but that's far down the road. Pot, though, was a no-brainer and progress was being made. It would be a moneymaker for so many people. It would create jobs. It would pull the rug out from under a lot of small-time dealers. I don't see the downside.

But, I'm not Jeff Sessions who just wants to put more brown people in jail, I guess.

No way the feds go after recreational pot or medical. Sessions fucked up, and Trump ran on not fucking with pot. Congress needs to act and force the DEAs hand. Marijuana should not be a schedule 1 drug and people’s lives shouldn’t be ruined because they’re caught with 1/2 ounce of a dried plant.

Maybe this is something both sides can work together on. Maybe a Democrat can introduce this bill instead of just impeachment.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

I am not a drug user. I tried pot once when I was maybe 15.  Wasn't impressed.  Never tried anything else.  Took prescribed Vicodin once after a surgery and never took it a second time after the hallucinations I had.  I'm not pro drugs by any stretch of the imagination.

Even I think it should be legal and taxed.

Board footer