You are not logged in. Please register or login.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

Re: US Politics Thread

mitchejw wrote:

Personally, i find the stock market to be a vile, disgusting place. Does anyone really understand what’s going on there?

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

Personally, i find the stock market to be a vile, disgusting place. Does anyone really understand what’s going on there?

It is rigged as fuck

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:

This isn't, like, normal...

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
slcpunk wrote:

This isn't, like, normal...

[/embed]

I see important things on his mind today....what a fuktard.

Hows come whenever he talks about his successes he never starts out with something like...."I inherited a fortune from my father."?

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

So embarrassing.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Being a reality TV star doesn’t make you a genius. Exhibit A: Kim Kardashian, anyone from “The Bachelor,” Johnny Knoxville.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

bigbri wrote:

Being a reality TV star doesn’t make you a genius. Exhibit A: Kim Kardashian, anyone from “The Bachelor,” Johnny Knoxville.

Didn’t Trump really create the genre though?  I could be completely wrong as I’ve never watched a reality tv show. I know MTV had the real world in the late 90s, and CBS launched survivor in the early 2000s. But I thought the Apprentice topped the ratings unlike any other experiment before.

Not that it in any way justifies his behavior. His behavior isn’t normal nor is it acceptable. But successful, aggressive people often have a high sense of self, often bordering on narcissism. The doubt and risk would shatter the confidence of normal folks to get out there and take a chance.

None of this justifies Trump’s demeanor and absurd tweets. But he rightfully perceives a hostile media that studies show have a 95% negative portrayal of him. His ego requires him to fight back in this juvenile way to combat the constant onslaught. A similar book came out in 2010 that showed how messy Obama’s first year was because he lacked the Clinton White House team and had to start from scratch. Not nearly as many turnovers, though the amount made headlines at the time. Lots of bickering and power struggles. But it was one book. It wasn’t a media that wrote speculative articles on every leak, rumor or statement to come out of the west wing.

The 4th estate is hungry for ratings, and they run stories that help them get that. A fucking circus keeps them in business because the same goons who watch reality tv, get excited watching 24/7 news with all the drama they can get.

Trump created this fiasco with the eager help of the media. Now it’s eating them both.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Didn’t Trump really create the genre though?  I could be completely wrong as I’ve never watched a reality tv show. I know MTV had the real world in the late 90s, and CBS launched survivor in the early 2000s. But I thought the Apprentice topped the ratings unlike any other experiment before.

MTV is to blame for launching reality TV with the Real World. And no one ever touched Survivor’s ratings. Or American Idol. That’s still the standard. Apprentice was up there though.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
bigbri wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
bigbri wrote:

MTV is to blame for launching reality TV with the Real World. And no one ever touched Survivor’s ratings. Or American Idol. That’s still the standard. Apprentice was up there though.

Agreed. Apprentice was a good show, topped the ratings, but hardly revolutionary or a TV 'first'.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:

Why does it matter whether it was a first?

Board footer