You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: Football

misterID wrote:

Cousins isn't worth 30 million a year, IMO. Denver and Jacksonville is where I'd want to go if I were him, but his price tag is going to be really high.

I think with the success of Philly literally using Alex Smith's personalized run-pass-option playbook (seriously, Smith helped create it and Peters took it to Philly) to thrash them and get to the SB, I think Gruden sees he can offer way more than Cousins could. They need a speedy WR like Christian Kirk to fill the Hill deep threat role he had in KC.

johndivney wrote:

I haven’t been following the NFL this season but..

johndivney wrote:

Fuck the pats.

Any decent human being knows there's only one team you should be supporting in this Sunday.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
johndivney wrote:

I haven’t been following the NFL this season but..

johndivney wrote:

Fuck the pats.

Any decent human being knows there's only one team you should be supporting in this Sunday.

I'm in Philly & an Eagles fan so it's just music to my ears.

I'm not a huge Pats hater though. They've won enough, but you can't deny their dynasty. Cheating/Schmeating in some ways. Spygate imho was warranted, but I think Belicheck did what other teams maybe did, just took it to the extreme. I've heard that about him. Same with stealing signals, hence there's always 2 guys on sidelines calling plays.

Deflategate was moronic, and Goodell should've been gone for that alone. Colts are whiners too for diming Brady out like that. They woke a sleeping dragon too as Brady's been playing with unprecedented vengence ever since.

johndivney wrote:

Fans of successful teams don’t know what it means to win a championship. They take it for granted. One Philly win would be worth the last 3-4 pats wins.
I know the pats’ history & it’s only recently success has come their way after decades of hurt. You would think that’d make them empathetic, but they’re spoiled by success like all big teams, fuck them.
52 years + the potential reaction of Philly fans means there’s only one team to support.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

#FlyEaglesFly

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:
misterID wrote:

Cousins isn't worth 30 million a year, IMO. Denver and Jacksonville is where I'd want to go if I were him, but his price tag is going to be really high.

I think with the success of Philly literally using Alex Smith's personalized run-pass-option playbook (seriously, Smith helped create it and Peters took it to Philly) to thrash them and get to the SB, I think Gruden sees he can offer way more than Cousins could. They need a speedy WR like Christian Kirk to fill the Hill deep threat role he had in KC.

No, he's not worth that much but there are DESPERATE TEAMS out there that will pay that.  Jacksonvile is out on Cousins as they will keep Bortles as the starter next year. 

The rumor mill has already said that Denver is a frontrunner for Cousins.  Typical Redskins trade:  overpaying.  I was under the impression that KC had to dump Smith to get under the cap.  Well they got the Skins to fork over a good CB (Fuller) on a cheap rookie contract and managed to get a 3rd rounder out of it.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

Wow, so the Chiefs GOT a CB in return?  I thought they packaged one into the deal, shipping a backup over the Washington to make it worthwhile. Doesn't KC have 2 corners in Marcus Peters & Cherry or someone?  Either way if Fullers pretty good that should solidify them a bit, plus the 3rd.

Yeah, there's desperate teams, but the markets gonna be flooded this offseason. There's Bradford & likely Keenum or Bridgewater, Foles might become avail for a 2nd or 3rd, and multiple rookies in the draft. Kap & RG3 seem to be done but I'd take a shot rather than overpay for Cousins. As always someone stupid (Den or Hou) will likely overpay or Cousins. He's a good QB, but just that. Good. On the right team he'll do well, similar to Flacco in 2012, but it needs to be that perfect fit. Otherwise he's very average.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Wow, so the Chiefs GOT a CB in return?  I thought they packaged one into the deal, shipping a backup over the Washington to make it worthwhile. Doesn't KC have 2 corners in Marcus Peters & Cherry or someone?  Either way if Fullers pretty good that should solidify them a bit, plus the 3rd.

Yeah, there's desperate teams, but the markets gonna be flooded this offseason. There's Bradford & likely Keenum or Bridgewater, Foles might become avail for a 2nd or 3rd, and multiple rookies in the draft. Kap & RG3 seem to be done but I'd take a shot rather than overpay for Cousins. As always someone stupid (Den or Hou) will likely overpay or Cousins. He's a good QB, but just that. Good. On the right team he'll do well, similar to Flacco in 2012, but it needs to be that perfect fit. Otherwise he's very average.

Personally, I think KC, Andy Reid and the staff there were the perfect landing spot for Smith. Say what you will about Andy Reid's success in the playoffs...that man's got a phenomenal regular season record and a reputation for coaching quarterbacks.

This will not end well for Alex, I'm afraid. Washington just seems so erratic with their decision making most of the time. IMHO, they don't think things though.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

Shitty...

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

Yup!

Board footer