You are not logged in. Please register or login.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

Re: Smashing Pumpkins reunion tour

FlashFlood wrote:

No secret to anyone, but Billy Corgan, James Iha, and Jimmy Chamberlain are “reforming” to do an ARENA tour in the USA. Chamberlain has been in the band since the breakup so they are essentially saying Iha makes them an arena band?! Are they serious? Not like the tour is spread out, either. Many dates. Am I the only one who thinks this is a bad idea?

esoterica
 Rep: 69 

esoterica wrote:

Makes sense

Make scratch before the devil comes to collect

Darcy is Izzy

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

Weird....lots of half full shows coming up...SP catalog hasnt aged well imo

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
Neemo wrote:

Weird....lots of half full shows coming up...SP catalog hasnt aged well imo

I hadn't thought of it that way, but I agree with you. Especially with most older Gen-X rock fans. Good band, cool early stuff (90-93). I feel like 1979 was their last great song & Melancholy & Infinite Sadness was kinda the beginning of the end for them. Still, I bet some younger millenials dig them.

Bad idea not bringing D'Arcy in on it, only way it would've thrived would be if all 4 originals were onboard this time, with a decent opener.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Yeah I won't be supporting this. Love the Pumpkins; but the tickets are overpriced and it's not even the full band either. Also I don't really like going to Baltimore for concerts anymore!

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Corgan is attempting the GNR model. So is LA Guns. Once people saw GNR could pull it off, they want to try it too. There's one big problem:

These bands aren't GNR.

Board footer