You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Re: US Politics Thread

Smoking Guns wrote:

Lol, Flagg, there are other free countries besides the US.... Give me a fucking break.

How many have free speech?  You’re not doing yourself any favors here. You going to link the newsroom next?  I’m sure people in Russia say they’re free too.

Randall Flagg

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

We have a constitution that used to be (and probably still is) the envy of every free society in the world.

LMAO. Do you ever read back the shit you post sometimes, and more worryingly, do you actually believe it? Comedy gold right there. Your consitution was influenced by the Magna Carta, scribed in 1215. The amazing thing is that your founders had the sense to tailor it to the time they were living in, a lesson that seems to fly right over your head.  wink

I'll give you it certainly HAD infuence after its creation, but still "the envy of every free society"? GTFO lol.

Whatever mate, you sound like a hoot to have at parties.

Really?  What rights do you have in Aussie that can’t be overturned by parliament tomorrow?

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Lol, Flagg, there are other free countries besides the US.... Give me a fucking break.

How many have free speech?  You’re not doing yourself any favors here. You going to link the newsroom next?  I’m sure people in Russia say they’re free too.

Omg you actually do believe this propaganda....cmon man.

IRISH OS1R1S
 Rep: 59 

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Really?  What rights do you have in Aussie that can’t be overturned by parliament tomorrow?

I'm not sure, but if I ever move to Austrailia I'll find out and let you know.  14

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Flagg, I don’t think you Life would change much if you lived in Canada, Australia, or even Italy. I know they are super oppressive, but I think you may survive. Lol.

Randall Flagg

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

I’m sorry if you’re unaware of a guy being arrested in Scotland because he trained his dog to raise his right paw and the pug had a Hitler mustache.

The US is the last country with free speech. That’s not a joke. Germany and England punished politicians for linking videos of Muslim migrants committing crimes. It’s real.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

I’m sorry if you’re unaware of a guy being arrested in Scotland because he trained his dog to raise his right paw and the pug had a Hitler mustache.

The US is the last country with free speech. That’s not a joke. Germany and England punished politicians for linking videos of Muslim migrants committing crimes. It’s real.

We don’t have free speech here either....that’s what I’m saying.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

So, let me see... if you lose your right to own guns, you lose your freedom of speech?

If you are that naive to think that, then you are just part of the problem.

Mass shootings in the US will continue, and the rest of the world will sit the and scratch their heads about the stupidity of the obvious solution right in front of them.

And I will continue to use Australia as an example. We had the biggest mass shooting in our history, when our government stepped up and decided to put in gun control, and guess what? No more mass shootings.

And, if you still want to own a gun? You absolutely still can, you just have to be licensed and registered, which pretty much stops guns ending up in the hands of loonies who will do stuff like what happened in Florida.

But please, go on and tell us that we’re not “free” like the US is...

If being free like that means a bunch of innocent people die every few months, due to mass shootings that could be prevented, then I wouldn’t want that kind of freedom.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:
IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

For the record I was talking about all gun crime. I think the focus on assault rifles is missing my point entirely.
Anyway I will bow out of this discussion as I'm not American and feel anything I say you have all heard before, and believe me I know the last thing you want to hear after such a tragedy is my mumblings on the subject.

I'll leave you with this editorial from the Sydney Morning Herald:

"It is incomprehensible to us, as Australians, that a country so proud and great can allow itself to be savaged again and again by its own citizens. We cannot understand how the long years of senseless murder, the Sandy Hooks and Orlandos and Columbines, have not proved to Americans that the gun is not a precious symbol of freedom, but a deadly cancer on their society.
We point over and over to our own success with gun control in the wake of the Port Arthur massacre, that Australia has not seen a mass shooting since and that we are still a free and open society. We have not bought our security at the price of liberty; we have instead consented to a social contract that states lives are precious, and not to be casually ended by lone madmen. But it is a message that means nothing to those whose ideology is impervious to evidence."
• Demand background checks
• Demand a ban on assault weapons
• Demand a ban on all modifications to convert weapons to semi or fully automatic
• Demand accountability by the Senators and Representatives on the NRA payroll."

Pretty much THIS ^

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Some good points here

Board footer