You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Re: US Politics Thread

https://www.axios.com/flummoxed-faceboo … e7430.html

Something interesting in that article is that Facebook says most of the Russian articles came AFTER the election. So like I said earlier, those pushing collusion are doing Russia’s job for them.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

I know you don’t think they do. You don’t even believe they should have the right to vote.

Here’s where we’re at...trump won’t put sanctions on Russia because they helped him get elected. You’re okay with that and i think that makes you complicit.

How is this putting America first again? Oh yea...it’s not.

Yea, call me a racist because you don’t have another talking point. What sanctions hasn’t Trump put on Russia?  Why hasn’t he put them on? Why do you think I support that?

I’m the only guy here who called Russia our enemy before 2016 and continues to do so. I didn’t giggle when Barry mocked McCain and Romney on Russia. Or did you forget the Democrats did absolutely nothing on Russia?  That Obama was briefed on Russian meddling and did nothing, just like with every other foreign policy mishap.

“Do something” is what Democrats say when a Republican is in charge, and then they immediately condemn whatever is done.

Your party had a bigger margin in congress than the GOP does now and they did nothing about immigration or gun control. But you’ll be first in line to pull the lever, first in line to believe they’ll do anything, and first in line to call anyone else a racist and make up horrible accusations.

If you gave a fuck about gun violence or black lives, you’d do something about it. You don’t do anything, so I’m left to assume the only thing you care about is pointing your finger.

I didn’t call you a racist come, i said you don’t believe they should be allowed to vote.

Along with women and anyone who doesn’t own property...you said this.

You didn’t say that you thought only people who owned property should be allowed to vote?

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
bigbri wrote:

The FBI and local law enforcement did drop the ball on Cruz. The facts bear that out.

But for Trump to say that’s proof the Russia investigation needs to end is silly. The FBI has the ability to do more than one probe at a time.

This is a great example of why we should push education.  Intelligent people don't fall for this stuff.  The people hammering this hardest are either bonafide nut jobs, or Alex Jones types in it for the money.  There weren't PhDs pushing the Loose Change/truther articles.  There were a bunch of uneducated, mentally ill types though.

I’m glad you brought up education, even if you were being facetious (can’t tell if you were). But I have some ideas about this, however, it’s a long post with lots of links I haven’t had a chance to put together. Basically it links early childhood education, toxic stress, adverse childhood experiences (known as aces), and problems that arise later in life: mental illness, drug dependence, criminality, even diseases such as diabetes, heart disease, cancer.

As some of you may remember, I now work in the higher education sector, and some of the research and studies devoted to this topic are incredibly fascinating. We have research projects going on right now in Chicago Public Schools, and the early results are eye-opening.

I could write a whole page on the subject, I just haven’t had the time. The bottom line is, we don’t spend enough money in this country on educating children early when it matters. The U.S. is one of the worst among developed countries, devoting .04% of GDP to it. You can head off a lot of these problems before kids even get into kindergarten, and it pays off.

Google “James Heckman and early childhood education investment,” and you’ll find a ton of stories if you’re interested. He won a Nobel Prize for his work. He’s at the University if Chicago.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

This news says there WAS Russian influence. I still don't see how it changed one vote. Even if Russians funded and held Pro Trump rallies... How does that get him any votes? The only people who go to rallies are people who already know who they're voting for. I don't see how tweets and Facebook posts got him a single vote. I think this part is complete nonsense.

I'm looking to see if there was collusion between Trump, Russia and wikileaks and those hacked emails.

Because propaganda is completely designed to shape your perception....did anyone take another by the hand and then walk them into the photo booth? No...we’re you pounded by images and messages that may have affected your perception?

Maybe...

All i know is trump is a fucking fuk tard and has no business being president.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

mitchejw wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Yea, call me a racist because you don’t have another talking point. What sanctions hasn’t Trump put on Russia?  Why hasn’t he put them on? Why do you think I support that?

I’m the only guy here who called Russia our enemy before 2016 and continues to do so. I didn’t giggle when Barry mocked McCain and Romney on Russia. Or did you forget the Democrats did absolutely nothing on Russia?  That Obama was briefed on Russian meddling and did nothing, just like with every other foreign policy mishap.

“Do something” is what Democrats say when a Republican is in charge, and then they immediately condemn whatever is done.

Your party had a bigger margin in congress than the GOP does now and they did nothing about immigration or gun control. But you’ll be first in line to pull the lever, first in line to believe they’ll do anything, and first in line to call anyone else a racist and make up horrible accusations.

If you gave a fuck about gun violence or black lives, you’d do something about it. You don’t do anything, so I’m left to assume the only thing you care about is pointing your finger.

I didn’t call you a racist come, i said you don’t believe they should be allowed to vote.

Along with women and anyone who doesn’t own property...you said this.

You didn’t say that you thought only people who owned property should be allowed to vote?

Of course I did. But that was also in the context of my perfect world. None of that has anything to do with denying people of color or women the right to vote, which is what you accused me of.

Owning property to vote has nothing to do with skin color or sex. I also don’t think people who are on welfare, are unemployed, or lack a high school diploma should vote either. But that’s my personal “perfect world” opinion. In my fantasy world, people earn citizenship kind of like in Starship Troopers.  I’m not advocating we change the law to that, and even if I did, it still has nothing to do with black people or women - the whole reason you brought it up.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
bigbri wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
bigbri wrote:

The FBI and local law enforcement did drop the ball on Cruz. The facts bear that out.

But for Trump to say that’s proof the Russia investigation needs to end is silly. The FBI has the ability to do more than one probe at a time.

This is a great example of why we should push education.  Intelligent people don't fall for this stuff.  The people hammering this hardest are either bonafide nut jobs, or Alex Jones types in it for the money.  There weren't PhDs pushing the Loose Change/truther articles.  There were a bunch of uneducated, mentally ill types though.

I’m glad you brought up education, even if you were being facetious (can’t tell if you were). But I have some ideas about this, however, it’s a long post with lots of links I haven’t had a chance to put together. Basically it links early childhood education, toxic stress, adverse childhood experiences (known as aces), and problems that arise later in life: mental illness, drug dependence, criminality, even diseases such as diabetes, heart disease, cancer.

As some of you may remember, I now work in the higher education sector, and some of the research and studies devoted to this topic are incredibly fascinating. We have research projects going on right now in Chicago Public Schools, and the early results are eye-opening.

I could write a whole page on the subject, I just haven’t had the time. The bottom line is, we don’t spend enough money in this country on educating children early when it matters. The U.S. is one of the worst among developed countries, devoting .04% of GDP to it. You can head off a lot of these problems before kids even get into kindergarten, and it pays off.

Google “James Heckman and early childhood education investment,” and you’ll find a ton of stories if you’re interested. He won a Nobel Prize for his work. He’s at the University if Chicago.

We are so far behind Europe it is embarrassing.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
bigbri wrote:

They are two separate issues. Trump, as usual, wants to make it about him. Because that's what narcissists do. But to do it on the back end of a high school massacre is pretty fucking low, even for Trump.

The FBI is not the Minority Report. We had these shootings escalating in violence of the last decade and it's the lawmakers doing nothing. Imagine if they did their job? You know, enact laws, then the FBI wouldn't have to be stopping insane kids with AR 15s from killing their classmates.

slcpunk

slcpunk wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

Funny how you’re so concerned about gang members lives but not the lives of children.

His policy "positions" and nutty right wing bias are more important than dead kids. So much so, that he has to lie about other people in order to justify it.

slcpunk

slcpunk wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

those pushing collusion.....

Quit lying all the time. Man all you do is lie lie lie.

Nobody is "pushing collusion." However there is an investigation on Trump and his administration. There are a lot of moving parts. So far 5 indictments that we know of. Collusion may be a possibility. It is certainly a probability IMO. On the other hand you think it's a low possibility, so your strategy (so very transparent at that) is to claim it's the crux of the "liberal" witch hunt (although the majority of those conducting the investigation are conservatives.) That way if you're right, you can claim victory, ignoring any other convictions and triumphantly remain in your "hysterical liberal" default position. You're hell bent on reducing this extremely complex case into a black/white issue. You need it to be simple, and you'll portray everybody in that light in order to hold on.

Honestly I don't know why you handcuffed yourself to a dead hooker like this (well actually I do, you can't get out of your anti liberal feedback loop, it's the only thing you know). Trump is a known crook and a pathological liar. But for sure however this ends up, you'll down play it. You're so incredibly warped with all of this.

slcpunk

slcpunk wrote:
misterID wrote:

This news says there WAS Russian influence. I still don't see how it changed one vote. Even if Russians funded and held Pro Trump rallies... How does that get him any votes? .

How could you ask this question? I don't even understand it. Social media is an incredibly powerful tool. People don't read. They'll browse over memes and get their information from them. But monkey see, monkey do. People are easily swayed. Of course disinformation could sway votes...in either direction. But the Russians chose to push an anti Hillary message via social media. Of course that influenced people and changed votes. Just like legitimate political ads do.

Board footer