You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 110 

Re: US Politics Thread

slcpunk wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

https://www.axios.com/flummoxed-faceboo … e7430.html

Something interesting in that article is that Facebook says most of the Russian articles came AFTER the election. So like I said earlier, those pushing collusion are doing Russia’s job for them.

Quit lying all the time. Man all you do is lie lie lie.

Nobody is "pushing collusion." However there is an investigation on Trump and his administration. There are a lot of moving parts. So far 5 indictments that we know of. Collusion may be a possibility. It is certainly a probability IMO. On the other hand you think it's a low possibility, so your strategy (so very transparent at that) is to claim it's the crux of the "liberal" witch hunt (although the majority of those conducting the investigation are conservatives.) That way if you're right, you can claim victory, ignoring any other convictions and triumphantly remain in your "hysterical liberal" default position. You're hell bent on reducing this extremely complex case into a black/white issue. You need it to be simple, and you'll portray everybody in that light in order to hold on.

Honestly I don't know why you handcuffed yourself to a dead hooker like this (well actually I do, you can't get out of your anti liberal feedback loop, it's the only thing you know). Trump is a known crook and a pathological liar. But for sure however this ends up, you'll down play it. You're so incredibly warped with all of this.


Get out of here you nut job. You’ve been pushing collusion for over a year. You don’t get to lie and pretend you haven’t.  You’re a truther. Shame and embarrassment doesn’t change that. Not a single person on this forum believes you haven’t been screaming collusion. Your articles and posts claiming “this is it” or “treason” have been peppered through this thread for over a year. No, you don’t get to lie and pretend this wasn’t anything but a witch hunt led by losers like you who think piss tapes are real.

slcpunk
 Rep: 155 

Re: US Politics Thread

slcpunk wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Get out of here you nut job. You’ve been pushing collusion for over a year. You don’t get to lie and pretend you haven’t.  You’re a truther. Shame and embarrassment doesn’t change that. Not a single person on this forum believes you haven’t been screaming collusion. Your articles and posts claiming “this is it” or “treason” have been peppered through this thread for over a year. No, you don’t get to lie and pretend this wasn’t anything but a witch hunt led by losers like you who think piss tapes are real.

Yawn....

You claim I've been hyper focused about the Steele Dossier and collusion. I've mentioned it, along with so  many other things, but you're always (as I said) exaggerating (ahem...lying about) my position and others. I rarely address you lying about me, because it's not worth the energy. Anybody who's here and reads, can see this is false too, so another reason not to bother responding.

Edit: Your behavior is also beneficial because it's a pivot (also all you know how to do) You name call, place on the energy on character attacks and hope users take the bait. This way you can avoid talking about the Mueller investigation and what's happening. It's been a REALLY bad week for Trump and friends. Really bad. That's why he's been in meltdown mode this weekend. You too I guess?

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 110 

Re: US Politics Thread

slcpunk wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Get out of here you nut job. You’ve been pushing collusion for over a year. You don’t get to lie and pretend you haven’t.  You’re a truther. Shame and embarrassment doesn’t change that. Not a single person on this forum believes you haven’t been screaming collusion. Your articles and posts claiming “this is it” or “treason” have been peppered through this thread for over a year. No, you don’t get to lie and pretend this wasn’t anything but a witch hunt led by losers like you who think piss tapes are real.

Yawn....

You claim I've been hyper focused about the Steele Dossier and collusion. I've mentioned it, along with so  many other things, but you're always (as I said) exaggerating (ahem...lying about) my position and others. I rarely address you lying about me, because it's not worth the energy. Anybody who's here and reads, can see this is false too, so another reason not to bother responding.


Haha, you can’t change fact. You’re a 9/11 truther, fact. You’re a collusion conspiracy nut job, fact.

No amount of handwaiving or lies will change the fact you spent years linking loose change and Alex jones. Just as it won’t change you have an open thread on your own forum where you post weekly about collusion, or the countless posts here saying the same thing. Like how you claimed trump was under investigation when he wasn’t. Then had the audacity to pretend validation when he became under investigation in May. You believe anything negative about republicans.


Edit:  I call you a truther because you spent years and still believe 9/11 was an inside job. You call me a chubby beta cuck virgin. See the difference?

slcpunk
 Rep: 155 

Re: US Politics Thread

slcpunk wrote:

You're right. I can't change facts. We have 5 indictments of Americans so far in the Mueller investigation and Robert Gates is about to start giving up testimony as well. I'm sure it's nothing.

mitchejw
 Rep: 105 

Re: US Politics Thread

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

I didn’t call you a racist come, i said you don’t believe they should be allowed to vote.

Along with women and anyone who doesn’t own property...you said this.

You didn’t say that you thought only people who owned property should be allowed to vote?


Of course I did. But that was also in the context of my perfect world. None of that has anything to do with denying people of color or women the right to vote, which is what you accused me of.

Owning property to vote has nothing to do with skin color or sex. I also don’t think people who are on welfare, are unemployed, or lack a high school diploma should vote either. But that’s my personal “perfect world” opinion. In my fantasy world, people earn citizenship kind of like in Starship Troopers.  I’m not advocating we change the law to that, and even if I did, it still has nothing to do with black people or women - the whole reason you brought it up.

But the vast majority of property owners (I’m pretty sure) are white men. That’s why i made the leap of inference.

mitchejw
 Rep: 105 

Re: US Politics Thread

mitchejw wrote:
bigbri wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
bigbri wrote:

The FBI and local law enforcement did drop the ball on Cruz. The facts bear that out.

But for Trump to say that’s proof the Russia investigation needs to end is silly. The FBI has the ability to do more than one probe at a time.


   This is a great example of why we should push education.  Intelligent people don't fall for this stuff.  The people hammering this hardest are either bonafide nut jobs, or Alex Jones types in it for the money.  There weren't PhDs pushing the Loose Change/truther articles.  There were a bunch of uneducated, mentally ill types though.

I’m glad you brought up education, even if you were being facetious (can’t tell if you were). But I have some ideas about this, however, it’s a long post with lots of links I haven’t had a chance to put together. Basically it links early childhood education, toxic stress, adverse childhood experiences (known as aces), and problems that arise later in life: mental illness, drug dependence, criminality, even diseases such as diabetes, heart disease, cancer.

As some of you may remember, I now work in the higher education sector, and some of the research and studies devoted to this topic are incredibly fascinating. We have research projects going on right now in Chicago Public Schools, and the early results are eye-opening.

I could write a whole page on the subject, I just haven’t had the time. The bottom line is, we don’t spend enough money in this country on educating children early when it matters. The U.S. is one of the worst among developed countries, devoting .04% of GDP to it. You can head off a lot of these problems before kids even get into kindergarten, and it pays off.

Google “James Heckman and early childhood education investment,” and you’ll find a ton of stories if you’re interested. He won a Nobel Prize for his work. He’s at the University if Chicago.

I agree so much but the question becomes...education regarding what?

Chicago Public Schools are a disaster but sometimes i feel part of the issue is that the teachers union is inflexible.

They use archaic approaches and engage in less than perfect practice. Maybe that’s a direct affect of poor funding. I don’t know.

bigbri
 Rep: 323 

Re: US Politics Thread

bigbri wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
bigbri wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

   This is a great example of why we should push education.  Intelligent people don't fall for this stuff.  The people hammering this hardest are either bonafide nut jobs, or Alex Jones types in it for the money.  There weren't PhDs pushing the Loose Change/truther articles.  There were a bunch of uneducated, mentally ill types though.

I’m glad you brought up education, even if you were being facetious (can’t tell if you were). But I have some ideas about this, however, it’s a long post with lots of links I haven’t had a chance to put together. Basically it links early childhood education, toxic stress, adverse childhood experiences (known as aces), and problems that arise later in life: mental illness, drug dependence, criminality, even diseases such as diabetes, heart disease, cancer.

As some of you may remember, I now work in the higher education sector, and some of the research and studies devoted to this topic are incredibly fascinating. We have research projects going on right now in Chicago Public Schools, and the early results are eye-opening.

I could write a whole page on the subject, I just haven’t had the time. The bottom line is, we don’t spend enough money in this country on educating children early when it matters. The U.S. is one of the worst among developed countries, devoting .04% of GDP to it. You can head off a lot of these problems before kids even get into kindergarten, and it pays off.

Google “James Heckman and early childhood education investment,” and you’ll find a ton of stories if you’re interested. He won a Nobel Prize for his work. He’s at the University if Chicago.

I agree so much but the question becomes...education regarding what?

Chicago Public Schools are a disaster but sometimes i feel part of the issue is that the teachers union is inflexible.

They use archaic approaches and engage in less than perfect practice. Maybe that’s a direct affect of poor funding. I don’t know.

Actually, CPS being a disaster is a fallacy.  CPS is actually making academic gains much faster than the rest of the country. 
https://www.educationdive.com/news/stud … th/510735/

Education needs to start earlier. Preschool level at 3. Teach the basics, but allow structured play, deal with students who have troubles outside school, include art in the curriculum, social emotional learning, mindfulness.

Like I said, I have a ton of resources and links on my work computer. I need to put them together, but it’s a lot of stuff. It all leads to better outcomes for children as they go into adulthood.

mitchejw
 Rep: 105 

Re: US Politics Thread

mitchejw wrote:
bigbri wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
bigbri wrote:

I’m glad you brought up education, even if you were being facetious (can’t tell if you were). But I have some ideas about this, however, it’s a long post with lots of links I haven’t had a chance to put together. Basically it links early childhood education, toxic stress, adverse childhood experiences (known as aces), and problems that arise later in life: mental illness, drug dependence, criminality, even diseases such as diabetes, heart disease, cancer.

As some of you may remember, I now work in the higher education sector, and some of the research and studies devoted to this topic are incredibly fascinating. We have research projects going on right now in Chicago Public Schools, and the early results are eye-opening.

I could write a whole page on the subject, I just haven’t had the time. The bottom line is, we don’t spend enough money in this country on educating children early when it matters. The U.S. is one of the worst among developed countries, devoting .04% of GDP to it. You can head off a lot of these problems before kids even get into kindergarten, and it pays off.

Google “James Heckman and early childhood education investment,” and you’ll find a ton of stories if you’re interested. He won a Nobel Prize for his work. He’s at the University if Chicago.

I agree so much but the question becomes...education regarding what?

Chicago Public Schools are a disaster but sometimes i feel part of the issue is that the teachers union is inflexible.

They use archaic approaches and engage in less than perfect practice. Maybe that’s a direct affect of poor funding. I don’t know.

Actually, CPS being a disaster is a fallacy.  CPS is actually making academic gains much faster than the rest of the country. 
https://www.educationdive.com/news/stud … th/510735/

Education needs to start earlier. Preschool level at 3. Teach the basics, but allow structured play, deal with students who have troubles outside school, include art in the curriculum, social emotional learning, mindfulness.

Like I said, I have a ton of resources and links on my work computer. I need to put them together, but it’s a lot of stuff. It all leads to better outcomes for children as they go into adulthood.

I should be specific...special needs children and special education is still in the 1970s around here.

mitchejw
 Rep: 105 

Re: US Politics Thread

mitchejw wrote:
bigbri wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
bigbri wrote:

I’m glad you brought up education, even if you were being facetious (can’t tell if you were). But I have some ideas about this, however, it’s a long post with lots of links I haven’t had a chance to put together. Basically it links early childhood education, toxic stress, adverse childhood experiences (known as aces), and problems that arise later in life: mental illness, drug dependence, criminality, even diseases such as diabetes, heart disease, cancer.

As some of you may remember, I now work in the higher education sector, and some of the research and studies devoted to this topic are incredibly fascinating. We have research projects going on right now in Chicago Public Schools, and the early results are eye-opening.

I could write a whole page on the subject, I just haven’t had the time. The bottom line is, we don’t spend enough money in this country on educating children early when it matters. The U.S. is one of the worst among developed countries, devoting .04% of GDP to it. You can head off a lot of these problems before kids even get into kindergarten, and it pays off.

Google “James Heckman and early childhood education investment,” and you’ll find a ton of stories if you’re interested. He won a Nobel Prize for his work. He’s at the University if Chicago.

I agree so much but the question becomes...education regarding what?

Chicago Public Schools are a disaster but sometimes i feel part of the issue is that the teachers union is inflexible.

They use archaic approaches and engage in less than perfect practice. Maybe that’s a direct affect of poor funding. I don’t know.

Actually, CPS being a disaster is a fallacy.  CPS is actually making academic gains much faster than the rest of the country. 
https://www.educationdive.com/news/stud … th/510735/

Education needs to start earlier. Preschool level at 3. Teach the basics, but allow structured play, deal with students who have troubles outside school, include art in the curriculum, social emotional learning, mindfulness.

Like I said, I have a ton of resources and links on my work computer. I need to put them together, but it’s a lot of stuff. It all leads to better outcomes for children as they go into adulthood.

That’s really great to hear about CPS though

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 110 

Re: US Politics Thread

Back on the subject of solutions for mass shootings, I think there’s some ground work for a solid compromise, but I doubt will appear.

There’s one major decision from the Affordable Care Act got from SCOTUS that gets little talk but I think is most important; the ability of the government to compel you to purchase or participate into a private, but public insurance pool.

To me that logic can be used to compel assault weapon owners to license and register their assault rifles. Make it illegal to own an assault rifle within a period of years without a license. You beef up NICS by compelling states to turn over more info that they currently fight, to make the background check truly effective.  Too many markers and the FBI denies your ownership while a quick look is done by actual humans to determine if there’s really something there to suspend your 2nd amendment right. Say 30 days or so. If they rule no, you’re given a direct process to contest your denial in front of a judge. Purely administrative like appealing a parking ticket. 99% of people are going to be instantly approved. But in the event John Doe was “self admitted” to a psych evaluation 2 weeks earlier, has 21 infidelity reports at their local PD, or whose name was given to the fucking FBI as a warning not once, but fucking twice, the system flags local office to double check there’s nothing obvious.

In return, you federally enable assault rifles nationally and preempt state and local powers. You get concealed carry treated like a drivers license. SCOTUS hasn’t ruled whether the right to own a firearm extends outside the home.  I think it does, but we allow states to license that. If California wants stronger licensing requirements, go for it. But it has to pass a reasonability exam by the courts over time.  The intent is to license, not prohibit ownership.

Raise the age to 21. Allow states to have notification requirements, so moving one weapon into theirs requires pre-notification under felony. Respect the right, but actively punish those who violate it.

Assault rifles, particularly AR-15s have limited sporting purpose. Pretending to shoot humans for score isn’t sporting. They exist to inflict mass distribution of bullets in rapid succession meant to provide lethal supremacy in an area. Or out another way, they’re meant to fucking kill as many people as possible. Semi automatic is preferable to automatic on these weapons because you’re doing controlled shots. Automatic is eratic and wasteful.

Yes, I believe your average American has a right to own an assault rifle. Yes, they have the right to pretend they’re soldiers or militia, and yes they sadly have the right to strap them to their back and go to target. It doesn’t mean I think they should.

And the inherent risk and lack of outside utility (I can use an SUV to kill a crowd of people, but that’s not an intended purpose and the utility far outweighs the risk. While assault weapon shootings are incredibly rare, their lack of other utility make them more susceptible for oversight.

License it with the intent to weed out people whom a judge wouldn’t say “this man deserves to exercise his fundamental right.” Yes, that takes a solid argument. But it’ll keep guys like Cruz, the guys who shot up the black and white church, respectively. It probably would have stopped Fort Hood too. That’s a good fucking start.

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB