You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: US Politics Thread

misterID wrote:
slcpunk wrote:
misterID wrote:

This news says there WAS Russian influence. I still don't see how it changed one vote. Even if Russians funded and held Pro Trump rallies... How does that get him any votes? .

How could you ask this question? I don't even understand it. Social media is an incredibly powerful tool. People don't read. They'll browse over memes and get their information from them. But monkey see, monkey do. People are easily swayed. Of course disinformation could sway votes...in either direction. But the Russians chose to push an anti Hillary message via social media. Of course that influenced people and changed votes. Just like legitimate political ads do.

Really, that would only affect people who are already invested in a certain candidate. I see something like that, I ignore it. I lost so many followers talking shit about Trump. I seriously doubt I had any impact on anyone's vote. Disinformation is one thing, swaying an election through Twitter is ridiculous. Have you ever been swayed by a political ad? And Trump got less votes than Hillary, the swing states he won she fucked up, not only by ignoring them but taking more liberal positions because of Bernie. None of that had to do with Russia. Hillary did not concentrate on the states she needed to because she decided to coast.

Bernie and Hillary's campaign advisor cost her the election, not Russia.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Anyone else think Trump going to "listen" to the high school students on Wednesday is just a bad idea on his part?  I can see him debating then getting into an argument with these kids, and him looking stupid as a result. Just the fact he's getting into an argument with high school kids, let alone likely looking like a fool losing whatever argument he gets into.

If he has any 'handlers', they'll likely make it a closed forum of sorts, or make sure its not an interactive forum of them discussing things with him openly. Otherwise, it's just a no win situation for him. I fail to see how he comes out of it looking at all any good.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Anyone else think Trump going to "listen" to the high school students on Wednesday is just a bad idea on his part?  I can see him debating then getting into an argument with these kids, and him looking stupid as a result. Just the fact he's getting into an argument with high school kids, let alone likely looking like a fool losing whatever argument he gets into.

If he has any 'handlers', they'll likely make it a closed forum of sorts, or make sure its not an interactive forum of them discussing things with him openly. Otherwise, it's just a no win situation for him. I fail to see how he comes out of it looking at all any good.

My hope is that he will listen to them and see their side. I hope the kids come in and don’t attack him but ask for help. Trump isn’t a gun freak. Let’s hope he does the right thing.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

PaSnow wrote:

Prediction:  children cry and complain about how they don’t feel safe. Liberal icons call them brave and heroic, because apparently we’ve redefined those words to include hysterics. I expect a Maxine Waters type to piggy back, saying equally useless shit and lacking a single clue.

Trump doesn’t do anything but show empathy, but he’ll still be derided as lacking empathy unless he declares an EO on the 2nd amendment. Even then, the fanatics will still bitch.

Anyone with an IQ over 100 will realize that children traumatized by a mass shooting are being exploited by the media for ratings and are the least informed or qualified to have an opinion on the subject.

Someone who thinks 9/11 was an inside job and linked numerous infowars articles will call me a loser, demand something be done, then retreat to his safe space where he posts about me because he’s a fan.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Prediction:  children cry and complain about how they don’t feel safe. Liberal icons call them brave and heroic, because apparently we’ve redefined those words to include hysterics. I expect a Maxine Waters type to piggy back, saying equally useless shit and lacking a single clue.

Trump doesn’t do anything but show empathy, but he’ll still be derided as lacking empathy unless he declares an EO on the 2nd amendment. Even then, the fanatics will still bitch.

Anyone with an IQ over 100 will realize that children traumatized by a mass shooting are being exploited by the media for ratings and are the least informed or qualified to have an opinion on the subject.

Someone who thinks 9/11 was an inside job and linked numerous infowars articles will call me a loser, demand something be done, then retreat to his safe space where he posts about me because he’s a fan.

Lol Trump can’t even fake empathy let alone be genuine.

School shootings are for middle/lower class Americans. He can’t be genuinely bothered by any of this.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

I still think Trump could be the hero here and back something substantial. What that is, I don't know. But he already seems to be on board with stricter background checks. Now, will he do anything is a different story. Once his handlers get in his head he might just keep the status quo.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

School shootings are for middle/lower class Americans. He can’t be genuinely bothered by any of this.

Right, because he’s not a human being at all. He totally wants innocent people to be murdered. He’s not you, Mitch. He’s not asking for a mass shooting at congress. (Which already happened by a Bernie Supporter in case you forgot).

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Right, because he’s not a human being at all. He totally wants innocent people to be murdered. He’s not you, Mitch. He’s not asking for a mass shooting at congress. (Which already happened by a Bernie Supporter in case you forgot).

I said that bc i feel that’s the only time anyone is truly going to care enough to seriously consider change.

The NRA would be in quite a quandry if all these politicians they bought were slaughtered.

I don’t believe trump cares. I have no reason to believe he does...he’s critical of the kids.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
bigbri wrote:

I still think Trump could be the hero here and back something substantial. What that is, I don't know. But he already seems to be on board with stricter background checks. Now, will he do anything is a different story. Once his handlers get in his head he might just keep the status quo.

I agree with all of this. I would have never thought the handlers would make him worse. He's not a consoler, he's just not, that doesn't mean he's not genuinely sympathetic. I think he could be the only one capable of getting a gun law passed, strangely enough.

Board footer