You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: US Politics Thread

Smoking Guns wrote:
misterID wrote:

Anyone hear about the Church shooting last year in TN, where a black man walked in and started shooting white people because he hated white people and wanted to kill them? Yeah, the media didn't want to report that story for some odd reason or use the shooting to discuss race relations.

Never heard of it! Thanks for the intel.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
misterID wrote:

Anyone hear about the Church shooting last year in TN, where a black man walked in and started shooting white people because he hated white people and wanted to kill them? Yeah, the media didn't want to report that story for some odd reason or use the shooting to discuss race relations.

Don't lump in broadcast news with print news. Broadcast sucks.

Most if not all major U.S. newspapers had stories on this. So yes, I did hear about it.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:

That right there is a buncha white trash.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

I’m still in shock Trump suggested we ignore due process yesterday and no one seems to care. If Obama said that, militia types would be rallying in DC. If Trump said that about Mexicans, the democrats would be on every outlet screaming “treason”. The constitution isn’t a polite suggestion.

Isn't this exactly...almost word for word what Tucker Carlson said last night right around the time that you posed this?

Edit: https://www.yahoo.com/news/tucker-carls … 39632.html

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

I’m still in shock Trump suggested we ignore due process yesterday and no one seems to care.

No one really cares about anything anymore. The news cycle moves so fast now that there isn't time for the average American to care about anything for too long....the next crisis that doesn't matter will be here in a few hours.

An issue just as important:

bigbri wrote:

https://twitter.com/waltshaub/status/969298640794718209

[/embed]

Hell I was just on CNN and not one single mention on the front page of the worst school massacre in our country's history and it only happened 14 days ago.

edit: They have an article at the bottom that mentions it.  Gave it the perfect title:

The gun debate that wasn't.

James arising from the dead! See ya in two months again 21 tongue

I'm still waiting for more coverage of the new XFL!!!!!!

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

I’m still in shock Trump suggested we ignore due process yesterday and no one seems to care. If Obama said that, militia types would be rallying in DC. If Trump said that about Mexicans, the democrats would be on every outlet screaming “treason”. The constitution isn’t a polite suggestion.

Isn't this exactly...almost word for word what Tucker Carlson said last night right around the time that you posed this?

I have no idea. I’m in DC for the weekend. And I posted that around midnight. Carlson is on at 8. But even if it’s true, it doesn’t negate anything I said.

Feel free to revert back to my posts about preventing people on the terror watch list from buying guns. I disagree with it because it violates due process too. Consistency, that word I keep harping on.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
misterID wrote:

Apparently Mueller was brutal with Hope Hicks. Incredibly nasty and bullying. Maybe that was the cause of Trump going off on Sessions.

Where did you hear this? Given everything I've read about Mueller, I find that difficult to believe.

Church freaks with guns:

Kushner looking like he's in really deep shit. Ivanka now too has come under scrutiny.

It's being reported that Trump's pal dumped millions in stocks just before his tariff announcement.

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/20 … -news.html

Of course there is more, there is always more...

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

I have no idea. I’m in DC for the weekend. And I posted that around midnight. Carlson is on at 8. But even if it’s true, it doesn’t negate anything I said.

Feel free to revert back to my posts about preventing people on the terror watch list from buying guns. I disagree with it because it violates due process too. Consistency, that word I keep harping on.

I'm just sayin'...I think I was pretty accurate a week or two ago when I said I know what your thinking based on what Tucker Carlson is thinking.

I don't watch ANY of those shows....those opinion piece shows that masquerade as 'news.'

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:

I've just been thinking more and more about this whole arming teachers with their own guns...and the more I think about it, I just think....is this really the best we can do?

So...as a teacher, our society expects these people to raise our children for us, teach them knew skills, prepare them for college...we give them no credit for a job well done and blame them for everything that goes wrong...now we want them to be armed and prepared to take another life should they be called upon....all for $50-60K per year. And on top of all that...we want you to jump in front of bullets if it might save the children....

Why...I repeat...WHY?! would anyone in this country want to be a teacher?

It's pretty asinine.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

No one is saying arming teachers who don't want to be armed. Teachers in Texas already carry.

Board footer