You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Roderick
 Rep: 0 

Re: Do you believe new Guns N' Roses music will be released in 2018?

Roderick wrote:

don't think so

Do you believe new Guns N' Roses music will be released in 2018?

Yes 33%
No 22%
Haha... Oh, wait. You're serious. Let me laugh even harder. 44%
Total votes: 18
killingvector
 Rep: 21 

nope

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Every news blurb on Axl Rose says he'll be recording with AC/DC this year.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

misterID wrote:

Every news blurb on Axl Rose says he'll be recording with AC/DC this year.

Because an AC/DC biographer tweeted saying that was happening and everyone has picked up on it. However there is a question over how ‘in the know’ this guy is as his biography on AC/DC is very low on detail particularly the bands recent years. He may know something but it’s not a certainty. Angus keeps his cards close to his chest, spilling the beans to a guy who guys running straight to twitter doesn’t sound likely.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I just want a new song. One song.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

I'd say a new AC/DC album and tour w/ Axl in early 2019. The tour could be about 1,5 years, as was the case with Rock or Bust. By this reasoning, Axl would do NITL dates this summer and shift focus to AC/DC after that.

A wild card in the AC/DC dpt is the passing of Malcolm, the other songwriter. I'd expect Axl to contribute to the lyrics, but Angus might want someone else to swap song ideas with. They're also currently short one bassist. Would be pretty sweet if Duff'd join in, to fill both roles.

One'd think Duff and Angus would share a no-nonsense work ethic and that Duff's punk roots would bring a new spin to the tried and true concept. Axl/DC would then be an interesting band.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

I just want a new song. One song.

You’re right. I just want to know what this particular band would sound like creatively. I don’t need the next Appetite.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

apex-twin wrote:

A wild card in the AC/DC dpt is the passing of Malcolm, the other songwriter. I'd expect Axl to contribute to the lyrics, but Angus might want someone else to swap song ideas with. They're also currently short one bassist. Would be pretty sweet if Duff'd join in, to fill both roles.

I don't know if Axl and Duff would want to "muddy the waters" by having the pair of them in AC/DC - not when a big draw for the inevitable GN'R album is the reunion of Axl and the AFD/UYI musicians. But Tommy is at a loose end these days...

zombux
 Rep: 36 

zombux wrote:

nah, Tommy is doing his more or less low-key thing, and I really strongly doubt he would like to do anything big again, especially after all that hard shit he went through in the last year of his GNR stint. now he's playing it small and seems as happy as he can be.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

Anybody have an opinion on Dizzy’s new solo record? Honestly haven’t listened front to back but seems like a “no thanks” based on what I’ve heard.

Board footer