You are not logged in. Please register or login.

mitchejw
 Rep: 109 

Re: US Politics Thread

mitchejw wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

You just proved the pro gun argument. Just like in the shooter side of it, it's the person not the gun that is responsible.

Yes you’re right buzz and everyone should have the right to own a gun....felons, mentally deranged, children, teachers....

I think infants should be given a gun within 72 hours.

You keep talking to a guy that doesn't and never has owned a gun like he's a gun nut.  I'm not.  I'm a constitution nut.  I believe in it.  All of it.  Even the things I wish weren't in it because that's what we as a society have decided is how we want to live.  If you think society has changed enough, change the constitution.  If society hasn't changed that much, then tough shit.

Isn’t that what people said about the Old Testament for centuries?

A society that obsessed with guns isn’t a healthy one.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 426 

Re: US Politics Thread

buzzsaw wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

Yes you’re right buzz and everyone should have the right to own a gun....felons, mentally deranged, children, teachers....

I think infants should be given a gun within 72 hours.

You keep talking to a guy that doesn't and never has owned a gun like he's a gun nut.  I'm not.  I'm a constitution nut.  I believe in it.  All of it.  Even the things I wish weren't in it because that's what we as a society have decided is how we want to live.  If you think society has changed enough, change the constitution.  If society hasn't changed that much, then tough shit.

Isn’t that what people said about the Old Testament for centuries?

A society that obsessed with guns isn’t a healthy one.

I have no idea what people said about the Bible.  It's not my preferred book of choice.

Our society has so many worse obsessions than guns.  Fix a bunch of those before trying to stop people from having the right to protect themselves.  Maybe if you can solve all those other issues, we won't need to have the right to own guns.  As fucked up as things are though, people need to have the right to protect themselves.

Axl S
 Rep: 96 

Re: US Politics Thread

Axl S wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

You just proved the pro gun argument. Just like in the shooter side of it, it's the person not the gun that is responsible.

Yes you’re right buzz and everyone should have the right to own a gun....felons, mentally deranged, children, teachers....

I think infants should be given a gun within 72 hours.

You keep talking to a guy that doesn't and never has owned a gun like he's a gun nut.  I'm not.  I'm a constitution nut.  I believe in it.  All of it.  Even the things I wish weren't in it because that's what we as a society have decided is how we want to live.  If you think society has changed enough, change the constitution.  If society hasn't changed that much, then tough shit.

You only have this right in your constitution because the constitution was deemed flawed enough at the time for it to be amended. I don't see any reason why the second amendment isn't reviewed and possibly revised based on the problems the US is having with gun related deaths. I can't understand how someone can see kids being shot to pieces multiple times (Sandy Hook really should have bene the last straw) and not think this actually needs to be looked at. Why the constitution is considered sacred always confused me - you guys have amended it 20+ times!

Also those calling out the rise of knife crimes and acid attacks in the UK. You're right, it is a problem and it is noticed and discussed here (the reason it's illegal to carry a knife in public, is because we've actually tried to address this problem in the past)... but it doesn't change anything about the problems the US has with guns.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 327 

Re: US Politics Thread

Smoking Guns wrote:



I am sure this will work. Maybe give your police guns too. Lol

James
 Rep: 625 

Re: US Politics Thread

James wrote:

That will forever blow my mind. Years ago I saw a special episode of COPS when they're in London and the cops didn't even have guns.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 426 

Re: US Politics Thread

buzzsaw wrote:
Axl S wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

Yes you’re right buzz and everyone should have the right to own a gun....felons, mentally deranged, children, teachers....

I think infants should be given a gun within 72 hours.

You keep talking to a guy that doesn't and never has owned a gun like he's a gun nut.  I'm not.  I'm a constitution nut.  I believe in it.  All of it.  Even the things I wish weren't in it because that's what we as a society have decided is how we want to live.  If you think society has changed enough, change the constitution.  If society hasn't changed that much, then tough shit.

You only have this right in your constitution because the constitution was deemed flawed enough at the time for it to be amended. I don't see any reason why the second amendment isn't reviewed and possibly revised based on the problems the US is having with gun related deaths. I can't understand how someone can see kids being shot to pieces multiple times (Sandy Hook really should have bene the last straw) and not think this actually needs to be looked at. Why the constitution is considered sacred always confused me - you guys have amended it 20+ times!

It's been amended quite a bit, yet here we are over 200 years later and guns are still legal.  If society wanted that to change, the constitution would be amended again.  Society doesn't want that to change.  The biggest reason for that is these shootings that a few people keep pointing to as reasons to ban guns are really just adding to the demand for gun ownership.  Guns are here to stay.  Just accept that.  If you want things to change, focus on something that has a realistic chance of changing. 

Make a case for something that people can't argue with.  Banning "assault rifles" when you can't define an assault rifle is a losing proposition.  Educate yourself.  Learn what is what instead of throwing out talking points.  Make a factually accurate argument that could potentially have a positive impact.  The crap that's going on now is just ignorant people spewing talking points that they don't understand at all.  That's not convincing.

slcpunk
 Rep: 156 

Re: US Politics Thread

slcpunk wrote:

Trump's lawyer, Cohen, had his office raided today by the FBI.

This is pretty big news. In fact I'd say it's about as big as you're going to get right now.

Now Trump's lawyer, needs a lawyer.

slcpunk
 Rep: 156 

Re: US Politics Thread

slcpunk wrote:
misterID wrote:

Watching Anderson Cooper I think Roger Stone has totally played Democrats and the media. It's pretty telling Mueller hasn't paid him much attention. At the end of the day I don't think any collusion will be found with Trump. I think the big thing will be obstruction with his son's letter. Comey deserved to be fired and that will end up being pretty flimsy, even with the loyalty thing. I think Don Jr 's stupidity is his biggest threat.

BTW, another mass knife attack in England. There have been more murders in London than New York. How bout 'dem gun bans!

Next time somebody goes to an open concert and knifes 600 people, killing 60 or so, get back to me.

misterID wrote:

Watching Anderson Cooper I think Roger Stone has totally played Democrats and the media.

I think Roger Stone is very possibly in deep shit right now.

slcpunk
 Rep: 156 

Re: US Politics Thread

slcpunk wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

So Mueller allegedly says Trump isn’t part of a criminal probe. Can we finally call those who push the Russian collusion story conspiracy nuts?

http://thehill.com/opinion/judiciary/38 … nal-target

That's an opinion article by the way. ^^

That's not what Mueller said. Not even close.

In fact he is a part of the criminal probe. He's a subject, which means he's under criminal investigation by the FBI but won't necessarily be charged at this point. Once he becomes a target, I believe that's when he's closer to being indicted. Either way, to claim this is some sort of vindication of Trump, that he's under investigation by the FBI, is pretty dumb.

As usual, you're wrong.

A memo also surfaced detailing a bit of Mueller's investigation after Manafort's lawyers moved to dismiss his indictment. The memo authorized Mueller to investigate potential crimes in regards to payments Manafort took and his involvement with Russia and the Ukraine. This is a huge development and shows that Mueller is looking into Manafort's financials and how they relate to Russia. He's not simply looking into money laundering etc. This is just a couple of steps away from Trump.

It is said that Trump is also getting ready to talk with Mueller. Which is probably why Dowd quit and one of the dumbest moves he could make. Once he does that, we'll be even closer to this ending.

slcpunk
 Rep: 156 

Re: US Politics Thread

slcpunk wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Make a case for something that people can't argue with.  Banning "assault rifles" when you can't define an assault rifle is a losing proposition.  .

This is a false argument made by every gun nut on the internet. This is completely irrelevant to the issue of gun control.

You should tell that to a parent who has their 7 year old shot half a dozen times "Educate yourself on what an assault rifle is, then maybe we can talk."

See how much sense that makes?

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB