You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: US Politics Thread

misterID wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

Would it be fair to say that even with all of these things you guys list....Ross Perot running as a third party candidate simply split the vote just enough?

I think that’s the primary reason. Not that bill Clinton wasn’t a great candidate and his youthfulness and charisma wasn’t reminiscent of JFK. But remove Perot from the election whom got almost 20% of the vote, and Bush wins a 2nd term.

I don't remember what kind of campaign he ran...but given that he was a super wealthy businessman...I would assume it was a far right campaign he ran.

He was def pro business with low tax and spend ideas, but was not far right.

misterID

misterID wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

^^ I did too.

Remember his VP was terrible lol. Just this crotchety old man. I think he passed away a couple years ago, but I remember at the VP debate they were given 2 minutes each to answer their questions. I think the abortion question came up & he said "I think a womans body is her own and she should be able to do what she wants with it period." and there was a long pause, he looks around and sees everyone elses confusion and adds "Period. End of statement." So Dan Quayle & Al Gore tried using the extra 1:50 to continue what it was they said. There was another question he answered quickly, can't remember which. I think it was about the economy & he just admitted he doesn't know much about economics, that's Ross Perot's forte.

I think I looked him up a few years ago & he was a major war hero & had a very extensive background. Was he the guy who said "I met Jack Kennedy. You sir are no Jack Kennedy."

Oh I loved that guy! Gore and Quale were arguing and interrupted with, "this is exactly why we're in the mess we're in today." He eventually turned off his hearing aide.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles … ller-probe

I’ll be waiting for all those who were convinced to acknowledge they’re part of Russian propaganda.

Comey and now Rosenstein have said Trump isn’t under investigation. It’s time to end this.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

And the IG says McCabe should have criminal charges brought against him.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles … ller-probe

I’ll be waiting for all those who were convinced to acknowledge they’re part of Russian propaganda.

Comey and now Rosenstein have said Trump isn’t under investigation. It’s time to end this.

So the logic is if it’s not about Trump then there is no reason to keep going…does that mean you don’t care about any wrong doing by Kushner and company?

Technically, the Clinton investigation goes on for infinity but we’re supposed to lay off Trump? If it’s not about him then why does he care if it continues? Why is his lawyer getting raided? There seems to be an awful lot of wrong doing here by lots of bad people. There’s way more going on here than the Clinton stuff. See.... you can’t run an aimless, endless, and fruitless investigation of the Clintons and then yell foul play when these same tactics are used against you.

Either they both are a farce or neither... you just can’t have it both ways.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

^^ Kushners
Flynn
Manafort
Gates
Lewandowski
Trump Properties LLC

Nahhh, what the heck. Just drop everything once & for all.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

PaSnow wrote:

^^ Kushners
Flynn
Manafort
Gates
Lewandowski
Trump Properties LLC

Nahhh, what the heck. Just drop everything once & for all.

Can you explain what any of that has to do with the Russian influence of our election?  I’m not saying don’t prosecute for crimes found in direct connection with the election. But looking for a crime not connected isn’t in Mueller’s authority, and IS tantamount to a witch hunt.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Flynn for starters was talking with the Russians, then lied to the Feds when asked if he was. Manafort & Gates have been charged in working with Russia. The Kushner family had $1.2 billion in debt the needed refinanced, and obtained financing from Saudi Arabian banks, which, coincidentally Trump shifted some US views or SA in his first year of office. That alone could be seen as frighteningly scary.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Flynn for starters was talking with the Russians, then lied to the Feds when asked if he was. Manafort & Gates have been charged in working with Russia. The Kushner family had $1.2 billion in debt the needed refinanced, and obtained financing from Saudi Arabian banks, which, coincidentally Trump shifted some US views or SA in his first year of office. That alone could be seen as frighteningly scary.

In short, is it possible that Trumps business dealings and finance sources influence his judgment as president with regard to foreign policy?

Nah...trump is a principled man with ethics and morality.

misterID

misterID wrote:

If we're being honest, all Presidents are guilty of that, specifically the Bush's and the Saudis. But I don't think it's been at this level of stupidity.

Tapper hammered Comey pretty well. He went from "possible collusuion" to "unlikely...But possible." Wha???

Board footer