You are not logged in. Please register or login.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

Re: US Politics Thread

mitchejw wrote:

Anyone see Roseanne post hateful and bigoted things and get her show cancelled and cost her cast mates jobs?

nah....didn't think so....

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

mitchejw wrote:

Anyone see Roseanne post hateful and bigoted things and get her show cancelled and cost her cast mates jobs?

Of course.  I don't agree it was inherently racist (I don't subscribe to the trope that anytime you compare a black person to an ape it's racist and don't believe any intelligent person does either for a myriad of reasons), but ABC is free to do what they want.  But I think you're missing the point.

Millions share an image of illegal immigrant children being detained, claiming it's current and how horrible Trump and his immigration laws are.  Reality comes in and says "Hey, Bro.  That photo was from 2014 under Obama".  Millions stutter and stammer, we all acknowledge the hypocrisy and move on.

You come in the thread, compelled to defend idiocy for some reason, and post about Roseanne, a comedian made famous for portraying the low-information voter/white trash character, saying something that was stupid.  So?  I don't think you fully grasp the point raised, and sadly, you provide proof that the larger discussion isn't about being honest or having an intelligent discussion, just scoring points.

I'm not interested in participating in that discussion.  And I don't really believe you are either.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

MSNBC is putting homophobic racist bigot Joy Reid on a program about "everyday racism." Despite she was never reprimanded for her homophobic slurs and continued race baiting.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
misterID wrote:

MSNBC is putting homophobic racist bigot Joy Reid on a program about "everyday racism." Despite she was never reprimanded for her homophobic slurs and continued race baiting.

Joy Reid is the least intelligent person on any news network I have ever seen. She is also extremely racist.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
misterID wrote:

Joy Reid is the least intelligent person on any news network I have ever seen. She is also extremely racist.

It’s cool to be racist now....didn’t you hear?

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

That all depends on which angle you're approaching it from.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

Of course.  I don't agree it was inherently racist (I don't subscribe to the trope that anytime you compare a black person to an ape it's racist and don't believe any intelligent person does either for a myriad of reasons), but ABC is free to do what they want.  But I think you're missing the point.

Millions share an image of illegal immigrant children being detained, claiming it's current and how horrible Trump and his immigration laws are.  Reality comes in and says "Hey, Bro.  That photo was from 2014 under Obama".  Millions stutter and stammer, we all acknowledge the hypocrisy and move on.

You come in the thread, compelled to defend idiocy for some reason, and post about Roseanne, a comedian made famous for portraying the low-information voter/white trash character, saying something that was stupid.  So?  I don't think you fully grasp the point raised, and sadly, you provide proof that the larger discussion isn't about being honest or having an intelligent discussion, just scoring points.

I'm not interested in participating in that discussion.  And I don't really believe you are either.

Who am I scoring points with?

It's a head scratcher to me how people choose which media to believe and which not to believe...

You must admit one thing...you posted what you did to be provocative. It was a round about attempt to support Trump's immigration policy. I'm not really sure what the point was...was it an Obama diss? was it a rip on media distorting messages? Was it people's hypocrisy when caring about how immigrants are treated when they are kicked out of the country?

I'm still waiting for someone to show me how this immigration policy has made things better for anyone. I know a lot of farmers who are hurting for workers and lots of landscaping companies who can't even hire legal Mexicans anymore because they left this harsh, bigoted climate...those are two examples of how the policies hurt people directly and indirectly.

So far...I see it makes some people feel really good to see them get kicked out of the country...that's the only good thing about it.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

https://www.yahoo.com/news/judge-michae … 17643.html

So when given a choice to actually practice law or give up his talk show tour, he chose the talk show tour. And the networks gave this man millions in air time because he was provocative. They’ve learned nothing from their frenzy during the election and Trump.

Seriously, at what point do we all acknowledge network and social media is complete shit?  It’s not interested in truth or keeping people informed. It’s about giving people with boring lives drama to keep them engaged.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/judge-michae … 17643.html

So when given a choice to actually practice law or give up his talk show tour, he chose the talk show tour. And the networks have this man millions in air time because he was provocative. They’ve learned nothing from their frenzy during the election and Trump.

Seriously, at what point do we all acknowledge network and social media is complete shit?  It’s not interested in truth or keeping people informed. It’s about giving people with boring lives drama to keep them engaged.

+1

I've totally checked out of all of it.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:

You wanna talk about feel good nonsense? Then let's talk about these new tariffs...

I can't wait for the knuckle dragger reactions....

Board footer