You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: US Politics Thread

misterID wrote:

Mitch, you've been contradicting yourself. Liberals were assholes long before Trump. When people in this very thread thought I was Republican they treated me like shit. That was before Trump. You lost your shit on many people, before Trump.

I live in a conservative area and the people here are very happy. Strangers wave at each other when we pass driving down the road. we say hello to people we don't know. When we hold the door open for someone they say thank you. I lived in a liberal area in Florida and everyone treated people like shit. Every single day. There's a Wal Mart where if you needed help they had to radio someone who could speak English to help you, that is if they waited on you at all.  I know that's not representative of all liberals, and there can be some great areas to live, so let's not get carried away.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

Mitch, you've been contradicting yourself. Liberals were assholes long before Trump. When people in this very thread thought I was Republican they treated me like shit. That was before Trump. You lost your shit on many people, before Trump.

I live in a conservative area and the people here are very happy. Strangers wave at each other when we pass driving down the road. we say hello to people we don't know. When we hold the door open for someone they say thank you. I lived in a liberal area in Florida and everyone treated people like shit. Every single day. There's a Wal Mart where if you needed help they had to radio someone who could speak English to help you, that is if they waited on you at all. Liberals always seem miserable.  I know that's not representative of all liberals, and there can be some great areas to live, so let's not get carried away.

I’m not sure how I’m contradicting myself...and i was hardly involved in this thread prior to the summer before Trump got elected.

Trump infuriates me...i don’t know what to say. And i make the choice to see him as a reflection of his supporters and vice versa.

You’re likely comparing a very urban area with a lot of diversity to a place that’s not so urban where everyone’s the same and no one disagrees.

I grew up in small town Wisconsin and i hated it. It didn’t stimulate me and riding 4 wheelers, talking about what’s better Ford or Chevy or reminiscing about deer hunting couldn’t interest me in the slightest.

I will agree with you about one thing...they do in general seem happier back home but it always feels to me like ignorance is bliss. There was a disdain for any change to the culture and routine. Everyone was a big packer fan and there was always a feeling that there was something so special about this small town life....but having left it and looking back...it was just a bunch of extremely rigid people who desperately needed a place that stayed the same no matter how the times changed.

So yea...they may be happy...but true to conservative values the happiness was based on a steadfast clinging to things never changing. That’s ignorance is bliss to me.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:

More indictments today. This time additional trouble for Manafort as well as Konstantin Kilimnik, Manafort's pal who has ties to Russian Intelligence.

So the "Witch Hunt" is up to 20 indictments so far.

slcpunk

slcpunk wrote:

Taking children away from their parents (some as young as 18 months old) and shipping them away...that's some real Nazi shit right there. Heartless and cruel.

And Trump wants everybody to stand for the flag huh?

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

I am ready for Sessions to go.

slcpunk

slcpunk wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

I never thought of him as evil, just a racist dick.

But this is evil.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

I live in a conservative area and the people here are very happy. Strangers wave at each other when we pass driving down the road. we say hello to people we don't know. When we hold the door open for someone they say thank you. I lived in a liberal area in Florida and everyone treated people like shit. Every single day. There's a Wal Mart where if you needed help they had to radio someone who could speak English to help you, that is if they waited on you at all. Liberals always seem miserable.  I know that's not representative of all liberals, and there can be some great areas to live, so let's not get carried away.

I’m not sure how I’m contradicting myself...and i was hardly involved in this thread prior to the summer before Trump got elected.

Trump infuriates me...i don’t know what to say. And i make the choice to see him as a reflection of his supporters and vice versa.

You’re likely comparing a very urban area with a lot of diversity to a place that’s not so urban where everyone’s the same and no one disagrees.

I grew up in small town Wisconsin and i hated it. It didn’t stimulate me and riding 4 wheelers, talking about what’s better Ford or Chevy or reminiscing about deer hunting couldn’t interest me in the slightest.

I will agree with you about one thing...they do in general seem happier back home but it always feels to me like ignorance is bliss. There was a disdain for any change to the culture and routine. Everyone was a big packer fan and there was always a feeling that there was something so special about this small town life....but having left it and looking back...it was just a bunch of extremely rigid people who desperately needed a place that stayed the same no matter how the times changed.

So yea...they may be happy...but true to conservative values the happiness was based on a steadfast clinging to things never changing. That’s ignorance is bliss to me.

You're basically calling everyone who doesn't agree with you stupid.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Never sure how you made the distinction between trump and sessions. One of which you live and the other you hate.

Seems like pretty much the same philosophically....only reason trump doesn’t like him anymore is because he recused himself.

slcpunk

slcpunk wrote:

Anybody see Trump lash out at our allies and say that Russia should be allowed to rejoin the G7? This is mind boggling.

Putin is getting a great ROI here.

TheSundanceKid
 Rep: 30 

Yeah the new tariff shit on us (Canada) is ridiculous.

We just elected a retarded version of Donald Trump being Doug Ford brother of crack head former Mayor of Toronto Rob Ford.

Pissing off your allies is odd.

And what the fuck with Russia. Fuck Russia, they are a shit country, that assassinates journalists and has terrible human rights.

Board footer