You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: US Politics Thread

misterID wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

No...the criteria has nothing to do with me.

If you need a safe place with only people like you who like the same things and always agree with you....

Then yes you might be stupid.

Liberals literally have safe spaces where no one is allowed to disagree with them

I don’t even know what this means. Conservatives have there spaces too and they are littered across every neighborhood in this country.

They’re called churches...

You know exactly what it means, you're just talking in circles because you've contradicted yourself into a corner and all that's left is playing ignorant. You act like an ass and then blame Trump for it. You complain about people disrespecting each other for disagreeing, while you gleefully disrespect anyone who disagrees with you.

Now you're ripping churches for being a conservative safe space? Don't liberals go to church too? Google liberal safe spaces. You're not stupid, you know exactly what they are. But it is a little insight into why liberals have to shut down/shout down/ban everything they don't agree with, like an Orwellian nightmare, because their little minds can't handle opposing ideas.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Steve Schmidt every day tells us how bad Trump and his policies are etc. But we are doing way better today than when Trump took over. Not debatable. Such a sore loser that was the campaign manager for McCain and got his ass handed to him. He isn’t a winner. Donnie owns people like Schmidt. I don’t love trump but I give him praise when earned and shit when it is dumb. The Canadian fvck needs to chill too. Trump is playing hard to send a message to Kim Jung Un (sp) but bitch face Trudeau wants to be the story I guess.

misterID

misterID wrote:

Trudeau is doing exactly what he should be doing. You need to punch a bully in the mouth. These are Trump's rules, don't cry because someone is playing your game.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

I don’t know what to think. I don’t know what the statement said, so I can’t say if I disagree. I do understand that America keeping Americans employed is important, and we should encourage goods that are made in the US before similar imported goods. Yes, we should compete and have trade that is mutually beneficial. But we can never put the interests of other people, regardless of how close we are with them, before our own citizens. You can disagree, but be honest and acknowledge you disagree Americans should come before anyone else in their own country.

If what Trump is saying is true, and we have major trade imbalances that harm Americans, (and I’m not universally conceding this point) we should renegotiate our trade systems. Automation is coming. Like for realz. 50 years from now so much of our daily lives will be automated and handled through AI. Robot butlers who cook and clean. Auto driving vehicles that pick you up and drop you off. Alexa as your personal assistant. And probably the majority of labor style jobs. Not to mention a revolution in education and medicine. How far off are we from intelligent cat scans that gathers our vitals and analyzes our blood and quickly diagnoses an ailment and quickly resolved it?

It’s going to be a different world and if we have any chance of successfully managing that transition without mass violence, suffering and revolution, we need to be able to reasonably control domestic production.

We already supplement every other western nation’s security. More so than any other nation, Canada’s. Robotics is going to change that soon in case you’re not paying attention. We can’t continue to supplement the other nation’s economies too. Access to the world’s largest economy is pretty enticing in its own right. We should attempt to renegotiate trade deals with individual nations to maximize our benefit positively.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

You act like Canada contributes nothing to America.

Why the fuck did this guy introduce tariffs and why should we not retaliate? The whole point of NAFTA was that all countries involved would benefit from the deal

I find it unreal that anyone would support Trump in this.

misterID

misterID wrote:

Trump is a bull in a China shop, but he's learning you're going to get burned with that strategy. Thing is, he doesn't care. Majority of presidents operated with fear in rocking the boat and letting shit slide. He might get better deals, it's possible, but I think he could be using his sway better. Legalize pot. He could do that. Protect our monuments. He could do that. Help create a better healthcare plan. He could do that. He could get better environmental regulations.

He's not doing any of that. He's concentrating on his weaknesses. He should make a trade counsel instead he's negotiating on Twitter.

There's going to be an AI regulation. The mass poverty it will bring will be catastrophic. India has already started.

misterID

misterID wrote:
Neemo wrote:

Why the fuck did this guy introduce tariffs and why should we not retaliate? The whole point of NAFTA was that all countries involved would benefit from the deal

At the end of the day, if he gets any kind of victory, no matter how small, it'll be fine. You guys did have tariffs on dairy. We were doing good with dairy products and ingredients, until Canada shut that down in 2016 with a "ingredients strategy" that barred our dairy and really hurt our farmers.

It will end up working itself out.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:
Neemo wrote:

At the end of the day, if he gets any kind of victory, no matter how small, it'll be fine. You guys did have tariffs on dairy. We were doing good with dairy products and ingredients, until Canada shut that down in 2016 with a "ingredients strategy" that barred our dairy and really hurt our farmers.

It will end up working itself out.

You should always be forced to buy the inferior American product.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

Liberals literally have safe spaces where no one is allowed to disagree with them

I don’t even know what this means. Conservatives have there spaces too and they are littered across every neighborhood in this country.

They’re called churches...

You know exactly what it means, you're just talking in circles because you've contradicted yourself into a corner and all that's left is playing ignorant. You act like an ass and then blame Trump for it. You complain about people disrespecting each other for disagreeing, while you gleefully disrespect anyone who disagrees with you.

Now you're ripping churches for being a conservative safe space? Don't liberals go to church too? Google liberal safe spaces. You're not stupid, you know exactly what they are. But it is a little insight into why liberals have to shut down/shout down/ban everything they don't agree with, like an Orwellian nightmare, because their little minds can't handle opposing ideas.

I still don't know wtf ur talking about...I think liberals are less likely to go to church.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Neemo wrote:

I’m not saying that. Not at all. But Canada protected its dairy market. Canada doesn’t have a military worth a flying fig. You can’t honestky be ok with Canada protecting its manufacturing sector, but outraged if the US does the same.

We don’t know what happened at the summit. It appears all was ok until Trudeau tried to make a play that I can’t understand. Canada is much more reliant on the US than vice versa. My gut tells me Trudeau is trying to be the anti-Trump, but he has no more power or real respect than Belgium or Norway.  Canada shouldn’t even be at the G7. They’re not in the top 7 economies in the world. Tusk had opinions on the G7 too, but the EU isn’t in the G7 so I couldn’t give a fuck. The governor of California has more of a right to be at the G7 than Trudeau.

I don’t know who McCain is trying to impress. The left will never “respect” him, and will attack his character the moment he’s in the ground. He already has the moral high ground to Trump, so why ruin it. He had no problem attacking Obama as Obama weakened our international standing in every category but applause from the EU. So I don’t understand where he’s coming from attacking Trump for doing the exact opposite of Obama. But I’m sure he has a lot going on his mind knocking at death’s door and whatever impairments having tumors eat at your mind result in. He’ll always be one of my favorite politicians.

Board footer