You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Re: US Politics Thread

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-g7-s … SKCN1J5107

That’s the G7 statement Trump didn’t sign. Half of it is gender inequality nonsense and reads like a statement from a student union at any public undergrad.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

That’s the G7 statement Trump didn’t sign. Half of it is gender inequality nonsense and reads like a statement from a student union at any public undergrad.

I saw one section on gender inequality out of a fairly enormous cross-section of issues.

Randall Flagg

bigbri wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

I saw one section on gender inequality out of a fairly enormous cross-section of issues.

I’d re-read it then. Gender was mentioned in half the points.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

@flagg...last i recall was that the trade between Canada and US is pretty close from a monetary perspective

Autos, oil, aircraft, wood, machinery, gems & precious metals

Plus when generate alot of energy that goes into NY State

Canada is hardly reliant on the US either...

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:

It just sounds like he had temper tantrum after temper tantrum...I don't understand why anyone would defend that in any context. But especially this one...what is so bad about approaching allies with respect? If he cannot do it, then he shouldn't expect any respect back.

He behaved like a petulant little child. Nothing good will come of this...they will move on without Trump. What good does it do to have Germany, France, Canada and other European companies rolling their eyes at him? If this is what MAGA is....then jesus fucking Christ are some people drinking the kool-aid.

This is not the behavior of a president. It's the behavior of a child. When do children ever get their way by way of tantrum?

At this point, if you're not critical of his behavior that it has to be seen as passive support.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
bigbri wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Are you saying anything to do with gender equality should be something that's automatically opposed?

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
bigbri wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Not really half.

That's not the deal-breaker for Trump, though, right? I mean, it probably was all the climate change, equitable tax systems, fair trade, scolding Russia stuff he wouldn't want to sign onto. And why should he? He doesn't believe in the same things our allies do. He would have been criticized for signing it and not believing those things, and criticized for not. Damned if he did, damned if he didn't.

Randall Flagg

Neemo wrote:

@flagg...last i recall was that the trade between Canada and US is pretty close from a monetary perspective

Neemo, I’m not anti Canada and I’m opposed to any actions that hinder our alliance. But the US accounts for 73% of your exports and 63% of your imports. To deny your country is almost entirely reliant/dependent on the US is absurd

Randall Flagg

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Are you saying anything to do with gender equality should be something that's automatically opposed?

No. I’m saying it’s a buzzword that means little without elaborating. They elaborated that it means disparity in pay and participation in STEM fields.  Both of those claims have been thoroughly debunked, and don’t require government intervention to resolve. More words were spent on gender than on North Korea, China, Russia, Syria or Iran. I’m sorry, getting more girls to study physics than sociology isn’t more important than survival or the world order.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
Neemo wrote:

Neemo, I’m not anti Canada and I’m opposed to any actions that hinder our alliance. But the US accounts for 73% of your exports and 63% of your imports. To deny your country is almost entirely reliant/dependent on the US is absurd

All of our top imported goods can also be made domestically in Canada

Why do i need to buy American meat and produce when ontario is a huge agricultural center? Why buy american cars when there are several car plants within an hour drive? Why do i need amerixan gasoline when alberta has huge oil feilds and several large oil refineries in ontario?

Shutting down trade between our countries is only going to eliminate a competitive market place and will drive up costs for the average joe plus elimimate jobs...there is zero benefit to these tariffs

Board footer