You are not logged in. Please register or login.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

Re: KICKASS preview of Bach's album

monkeychow wrote:

Bach may not be the best lyricist on the planet - but the dude and can sing and scream like most men can't - and most importantly - he's old school and knows how to rock back when people really did rock out! Not like the pussy bands of today!! haha!

I figure its going to be "Slave to the Grind" style rock that you just want to turn the fuck up to 10 on the stereo...

So much potential on this record though, i mean you have baz, and then there's AXL ROSE - hell yeah - and his band is not to be sneazed at either....Jhonny Chromatic has got some skills, and metal mike is a riff master....could be a damn good record I think!

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:

'Back In The Saddle' is the first of three songs (in a row) with Axl Rose. What a corker of a cover. This is the old Aerosmith song. Aerosmith meets Guns 'n' Roses meets Skid Row - metal heaven. Bach only sings the first new lines on this one. The lead vocal is Axl.

Now that has made me excited to hear it. 

This is one high praised review.  Calling it possibly the best metal album of the 21st century is a bold statement.  Let's hope it doesn't disappoint.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
Pride&Glory wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

When is the last time a singer did a solo album that had a guest singer do 3 songs on the same album and sing lead on one of them?  Doesn't this raise red flags for anybody?

When was the last time a singer got Axl Rose to actually record vocals for an official release? Wouldn't you milk that for all it's worth.

I don't blame Bach for a second.  Think about that though.  Your solo album as a singer is supposed to be the best of the 21st century, but you have a more famous guy sing one of the songs and add vocals to 2 other songs?  Something about that doesn't seem right.  If it was me and I felt my material was that good, I sure wouldn't bring someone more famous to sing on it unless either the material isn't really that good or it is a cash grab.  Either way, this isn't a good thing.

buzzsaw wrote:
Pride&Glory wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

When is the last time a singer did a solo album that had a guest singer do 3 songs on the same album and sing lead on one of them?  Doesn't this raise red flags for anybody?

When was the last time a singer got Axl Rose to actually record vocals for an official release? Wouldn't you milk that for all it's worth.

I don't blame Bach for a second.  Think about that though.  Your solo album as a singer is supposed to be the best of the 21st century, but you have a more famous guy sing one of the songs and add vocals to 2 other songs?  Something about that doesn't seem right.  If it was me and I felt my material was that good, I sure wouldn't bring someone more famous to sing on it unless either the material isn't really that good or it is a cash grab.  Either way, this isn't a good thing.

It's an odd thing for sure.   I don't know if this is Baz's way of paying Axl back for letting him open for him during all the tours.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
Jimmy Zig Zag Bobiadis wrote:
Jameslofton wrote:

Yeah, Axl and Bach could potentially do for Back in the Saddle what U2 did with Helter Skelter.

I like Motley Crue's cover better tongue   but yea its nice to have of excitement again about getting to hear Axl sing.

Ha, I like Aerosmith's the best!

The original was the Beatles.

As for this CD. Can't wait for it to leak.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Yeah but you have to remember Sebastian is a massive fan and friend of Axls. Its different if you ask your best mate to sing a couple of songs with you, and also if you idolise the talent of someone who will work with you.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
Pride&Glory wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

I don't think it has a thing to do with the quality of the album. I think you're looking for something that just isn't there. Of course It draws more attention to the record. He'll get better sales and hopefully new fans  and more press interest in the album itself. I'm sure it can elevate the quality to a certain extent being a Guns N' Roses fan but I think he put together a solid album. Monkeychow mentioned his guitarists Johnny Chromatic and Metal Mike who are damn good guitarists who can turn out quality music and riffs. This review although very positive could be signs of a really good metal record. It most likely won't live up to the hype but nothing ever does.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

1 song would have been enough to draw attention.  3 is overkill, especially considering one is singing lead.  There is more to this than just paying back a friend.

buzzsaw wrote:

1 song would have been enough to draw attention.  3 is overkill, especially considering one is singing lead.  There is more to this than just paying back a friend.

I think it's a combination of Baz asking him to be on the album and then it just took off with him winding up doing 3 songs and it's 2 fold helps Baz's album and also helps Axl getting himself out there on something official.   They were going to team up in the past so why not now.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer