You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: LEAKS THREAD

Axlin16 wrote:

As for the Puerto Rico show, in retrospect, any chance Axl had to do something with the DJ/Bumble-version of the band in the post-Chinese release era, it was during that 2009-10 period. I wonder what GN'R would've looked like with a major festival performance, plus CD II (coupled with the CD remix disc), with them touring that band and doing tons of promo. The band had a current look, but the biggest plus was Axl sounded fan-fucking-tastic in 2010, and it was the last moment he had with a pristine voice that people would've remarked how great he sounded, which would've drowned out the hate towards that band.

Axl also was in far better shape than he was in the 2011-14 as well. He looked like a cross between 2006-07 Axl and 2011-14 Axl.

As far as the authenticity goes... not sure it's truly pro-shot. Alot of parts of the Rico show looks like a VERY well shot, and balanced audience recording of the screen at the concert. The quality is terrible for a pro-shot. Easily the worst of anything to have ever been put out on the bootleg circles, including shows like CBGB 87 or Indiana 91.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
KIKO2K wrote:
bigbri wrote:

I’d love HOB for Bucket. That’s all I ask. Help a brutha out.......

Enjoy. Full show

Bucket and Finck i miss both what a band....
The Nightrain outro.
Riad is The shit live.
OMG and SILW ver well played.

Fuck if we could get  back in time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koSLFvlpCaU

[/embed]

Axl sounds so weird here. This show is very over rated. Band is not night. Sound weak. Paul Huge was so terrible. Frank Ferrer is the Paul Huge of Drummers.

They sound pretty fuckin' good to me. But then again SG, you have to put yourself in the zeitgeist of GN'R at the time and being a fan then.

They were a band that just fucked off the planet. The biggest band in the world gone after 1994. Nothing happened. Nothing on the horizon. Gilby fired, Slash quit, Matt fired, Duff quit... yet they were still going to exist. How? With Axl, Paul & Dizzy? How?

I remember how it felt when all this shit started to happen. Even starting as far back as 1999 with Oh My God on the End of Days soundtrack. It was all so cryptic. So so very cryptic. The fact that Axl is on Twitter today shocks the 2001-02 me. There was NOTHING. A website that was bare bones and never updated, other than an Axl statement burying Slash & Duff as traitors. It was a nasty time.

So is this band the greatest of all time? No. Is this band Axl, Slash, Duff & Izzy, and that specific magic that those four could write & create? No. But it's like comparing a traditional Halloween to Season of the Witch. Does Halloween III suck? No. Is it Michael Myers? No.

That's what this band was.

You have to take it all in. Axl was completely trying to reboot Guns N' Roses into something entirely different, yet exactly the same. And that's why it failed. That's an impossible task.

There was alot of unique talent in that band. They have one claim to fame -- they wrote Chinese Democracy. An album that was released 7 years after they wrote it that featured too many added parts (with the exception of Bucket).

It's just a bizarre moment in the history of rock. Like with Halloween III before it, what would've happened had they buried Myers and continued as an Anthology franchise? We don't know. Intriguing yes, but it's a moment of time lost. What would've happened if Axl buried Slash with Buckethead? What if the Cubs would've won the pennant in 2003 and not in 2016? We don't know...

But goddamn it's still fascinating to wonder what parallel universe they succeeded, kicked ass, and buried the old band in.

THAT

Is what the House of Blues 2001 Pro-shot is to my generation. A time capsule of a lost cusp of greatness... that never was.

zombux
 Rep: 36 

zombux wrote:
Axlin16 wrote:

THAT

Is what the House of Blues 2001 Pro-shot is to my generation. A time capsule of a lost cusp of greatness... that never was.

THIS. for us who were fans during the hard era of early 2000's, exactly.

esoterica
 Rep: 69 

esoterica wrote:

“Stay tuned for news about Chinese Democracy coming soon”

Waclimino
 Rep: 0 

Waclimino wrote:

So, as of now it's:

House of Blues 2001
Puerto Rico 2010
The Blues 2001
There Was a Time 2001
This I Love Remix
Stereo Oh My God
Stereo Silkworms
Going Down 2002

Is that list correct? Will anyone be kind enough to PM me the links?

zombux
 Rep: 36 

zombux wrote:
Waclimino wrote:

Going Down 2002

as fake as the initial SW/OMG "leaks". BBF guitar edited out. the only genuine GD is the one that leaked in 2013 with BBF guitar.

Waclimino
 Rep: 0 

Waclimino wrote:

Ah, OK. Thank you for clarifying.

jonesy
 Rep: 15 

jonesy wrote:

Sitting here listening to these new (2001) leaks of The Blues & TWAT, this is like going back in time to 2006 when the first Chinese songs started to leak, that was an awesome exciting time.

TWAT is damn good, Tommy's bass right up in the mix.

I've listened to the actual CD release so little, because I preferred the original leaks so much, it's nice to hear some other original takes from before the mixes got overloaded.

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

jimmythegent wrote:

what a weird lineup that HOB one was. Axl definitely had a bit more mojo going but on the whole it just didn't gel for me. Slash was right, Paul Huge is the least interesting man to ever hold a guitar let alone play one. He literally sucks the charisma out of his vastly more charismatic bandmates. Brain gave the band a lot more groove and variation but again, not sure he was the quite the fit.

Very interesting watch after all this time - given the real Guns are back in action now again highlights how innate chemistry just is and how irrespective of what you try,  it just cant be replicated without the right personalle on deck.

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

jimmythegent wrote:

as for the other leaks, the remix of This I love is interesting but im afraid an average song is an average so - remixed or otherwise.

Are the Blues and TWAT what was originally sent to the record company as the final product or are they demos? A more balanced mix (well you can clearly hear the bass at least ) but some parts sound decidedly demo quality. Axl also singing with a bit more oomph than what we got. That's still the same turgid Finck soloing sadly. Interesting though.

As for Silkworms - I was a vocal hater in the day but I have to say after hearing the live HOB version and now this - it has some potential and certainly has an energy. OMG still remains a mess in both new versions and I can't see how this could be improved on.

Board footer