You are not logged in. Please register or login.

vipicius
 Rep: 6 

Re: Guns N' Roses tour to continue through 2017(and beyond)

vipicius wrote:

https://www.facebook.com/gunsnroses/vid … o_explicit

Although this audio is horrible, being in that perspective encourages me a lot. In the shows that I was, I've always been close to the stage and it's always insane to see this happening, the energy is really cool.

dalethirsty
 Rep: 20 

dalethirsty wrote:

it's crazy that they've never even thought about doing irs, but somehow oh my god is on the 2018 setlist.

i don't understand how the big 3 haven't touched irs or the blues. this band would sound great on those tunes.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

dalethirsty wrote:

it's crazy that they've never even thought about doing irs, but somehow oh my god is on the 2018 setlist.

i don't understand how the big 3 haven't touched irs or the blues. this band would sound great on those tunes.

Yeah, it's kind of baffling. Of all the Chinese Democracy-era songs, IRS and The Blues have much more of a classic-GN'R vibe than OMG and Prostitute. IRS with Slash would be amazing.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Yeah I find it rather bizarre as well. Especially songs like Street of Dreams, which would be a song that would allow Dizzy a moment in the sun as a long-time member. Put him on front, let him intro the song on piano, then kick into SOD, then Axl, Slash & Duff walk out in front and they all do the song, and at the end, "ladies & gentlemen, Mr. Dizzy Fucking Reed".

I.R.S. not being played is as bizarre as if This I Love wasn't played. That rocker, and TIL (the ballad) were the two songs, consistently, that fans for years and years said, "i'd love to hear Slash on this. This would be perfect for him", and yet GN'R have played everything under the sun, including Coma and a shitload of covers, plus Catcher, plus Prostitute, plus TWAT, plus Maddy... no I.R.S.

Maybe Axl doesn't like the song anymore? Maybe Slash & Duff don't dig it? Maybe they're gonna re-write and re-arrange it for a later release because it IS such a old Guns song? No clue...

esoterica
 Rep: 69 

esoterica wrote:

You wonder who's sweet hangover he was talking about.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

Axl/Slash/Duff joined Foo Fighters on stage for It’s So Easy. I’m not a Frank hater but I’m definitely not saying Taylor was bad...

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:

Axl/Slash/Duff joined Foo Fighters on stage for It’s So Easy. I’m not a Frank hater but I’m definitely not saying Taylor was bad...

Taylor is a world class drummer. Frank is an average bar band level drummer.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
Wagszilla wrote:

yeah but if he can play sorry and prostitute in the current era he can play anything surely.

esoterica
 Rep: 69 

esoterica wrote:
monkeychow wrote:
Wagszilla wrote:

yeah but if he can play sorry and prostitute in the current era he can play anything surely.

True.

But I think the entire album is about the old band and none of it is.

And that Sorry and Prostitute are about manipulators and fame more than anything else.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Yeah i think Axl explicitly said Sorry isn't about Slash and also that there's no such concept to him as "The Fans".

But then what is it about, it seems very well placed as a reply to the types of things you read about axl in the media, forums and from fans.

As for prostitute I suspect there's a bit of relationship in there too but there seems to at least be some reunion analogy there or how else would Axl be asked to prostitute himself? By touring or releasing songs I guess? Who knows.

But given everyone seems to end up suing Axl - I think he could still bust it out even though his legal troubles with Slash and Duff are over.

Afterall - double talking jive seemed to be dedicated to many people over the years.

Board footer