You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Re: Slash & Conspirators NEW album Living the Dream

metallex78 wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:

It'd be nice to see some of the currant GN'R line-up guesting on Slash's solo album; get Dizzy to contribute a piano part, or Melissa in for a vocal slot or something.

I don’t think that’s on Slash though.

Those are Axl’s hired hands, not Slash’s. Slash had his own band, the Conspirators going for years, why should he include Axl’s hired goons on his own solo stuff?

Especially not Dizzy or the annoyingly out of place blue-haired Jpop princess, Melissa. They belong with Axl’s stupid techno rubbish, not on a straight up guitar rock record.

What is JPop?

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

None of these shows are close enough for me to go, so I'll be missing this tour.  I am curious what the setlists will look like.  He relied a lot on the GnR songs the last couple tours if I remember correctly, but my guess is he won't be playing as many of them now.  Will we get deeper cuts from his solo stuff/VR?  Obviously they'll play some off the new record, but IF the GnR songs drop out or are minimized, something is going to take their place.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
metallex78 wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:

It'd be nice to see some of the currant GN'R line-up guesting on Slash's solo album; get Dizzy to contribute a piano part, or Melissa in for a vocal slot or something.

I don’t think that’s on Slash though.

Those are Axl’s hired hands, not Slash’s. Slash had his own band, the Conspirators going for years, why should he include Axl’s hired goons on his own solo stuff?

Especially not Dizzy or the annoyingly out of place blue-haired Jpop princess, Melissa. They belong with Axl’s stupid techno rubbish, not on a straight up guitar rock record.

What is JPop?

The Japanese version of KPop I believe.  Or maybe Hanson's updated version of Mmbop.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:

The... slightly disheartening thing is this is completely separate from GN'R. One of the things I liked in the Chinese Democracy era was that there was a sense of camaraderie among the band; Fortus would turn up on Tommy's solo record, Robin and Buckethead would rock up to record the Ghosts of Mars soundtrack, etc. It'd be nice to see some of the current GN'R line-up guesting on Slash's solo album; get Dizzy to contribute a piano part, or Melissa in for a vocal slot or something.

Bring back Teddy Zig Zag if anyone at all.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

None of these shows are close enough for me to go, so I'll be missing this tour.  I am curious what the setlists will look like.  He relied a lot on the GnR songs the last couple tours if I remember correctly, but my guess is he won't be playing as many of them now.  Will we get deeper cuts from his solo stuff/VR?  Obviously they'll play some off the new record, but IF the GnR songs drop out or are minimized, something is going to take their place.

Eh, he’s still Slash. People want to hear the classic riffs. You’ll still hear Jungle, SCOM, PC but you’ll probably end up dropping YCBM, Rocket Queen, Nightrain, Brownstone (pretty sure he was playing those).

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

One song he won’t fucking play is that bullshit song “the seeker” or “black hole Sun” for that matter. Though Myles would sound good on Black hole sun.

FlashFlood

FlashFlood wrote:

Did they make the second guitarist an official member? I wonder if he recorded anything.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:

Did they make the second guitarist an official member? I wonder if he recorded anything.

Yes they did. Yes he got to record on this album.

FlashFlood

FlashFlood wrote:

I don’t know why they don’t just have Myles do rhythm every song. Give him something to do on stage.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:

I don’t know why they don’t just have Myles do rhythm every song. Give him something to do on stage.

They had Myles play rhythm parts on Apocalyptic Love, but I think Myles was so busy with Alter Bridge during the recording of the second album, he let Slash do all the guitar parts for World On Fire.

Other than that, I read an interview years ago where Slash said he prefers his singers to be just singers on stage, rather than singing/playing guitar.

Board footer