You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Re: US Politics Thread

Just saw Bill Maher.  First half of the show was making fun of Trump.  2nd half was much more entertaining.  I'm waiting to see if his #MeToo comments make it into the press.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Btw, my auto correct turned coons into clones. 16

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
misterID wrote:

If Obama was under investigation, and a lead investigator texted that he went to a KFC and could SMELL Obama supporters, that Chicago was full of ignorant clone and he was going to get Obama impeached, what would folks be saying?

Exactly.

Lol whatever...hardly a fair comparison.

There’s actually an investigation in one case that has led to many indictments and arrests.

You have the same group of people that led the Clinton Benghazi investigation with pitch forks. That led to nothing.

An investigation supported by angry people that hated Obama took several years.

On the flip side, you have an investigation that’s leading to real things is being led by the same assholes. They’re spending government resources to hide things and put out fires and redirect attention to irrelevant things.

No matter what side of the aisle you’re in, that kind of abuse of power is real. The republicans have been absolutely ruthless since and during Obama. If you’re upset about the reaction to that ruthlessness then it tells me which side of the fence you sit on.

I’m tired of people looking at things in a vacuum.

Randall Flagg

mitchejw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
misterID wrote:

If Obama was under investigation, and a lead investigator texted that he went to a KFC and could SMELL Obama supporters, that Chicago was full of ignorant clone and he was going to get Obama impeached, what would folks be saying?

Exactly.

Lol whatever...hardly a fair comparison.

There’s actually an investigation in one case that has led to many indictments and arrests.

You have the same group of people that led the Clinton Benghazi investigation with pitch forks. That led to nothing.

An investigation supported by angry people that hated Obama took several years.

On the flip side, you have an investigation that’s leading to real things is being led by the same assholes. They’re spending government resources to hide things and put out fires and redirect attention to irrelevant things.

No matter what side of the aisle you’re in, that kind of abuse of power is real. The republicans have been absolutely ruthless since and during Obama. If you’re upset about the reaction to that ruthlessness then it tells me which side of the fence you sit on.

I’m tired of people looking at things in a vacuum.

Speaking of vacuum, can you link one person on Trump’s team that’s been indicted for anything related to Russian interference/hacking in the election. Just one.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Trump basically gave Putin a BJ on the world stage. What a time to be alive.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:

What Trump did today with Putin is unbelievable. Literally stood by an defended Putin for attacking our country while attacking the FBI and the Democrats.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Speaking of vacuum, can you link one person on Trump’s team that’s been indicted for anything related to Russian interference/hacking in the election. Just one.

You're completely oblivious. 

Did you even read the latest indictments? Do you have any idea of what's unfolding right now? It's massive.

Among MANY bombshells, it specifically said that the Russian government was communicating with somebody who was in "direct contact with Senior members of the Trump campaign." What do you think is going to happen next genius? Mueller has laid the ground work for the next batch of indictments, which will be Trump officials in a conspiracy with Russia.

We're going to see obstruction charges, probably a variety of financial crimes an conspiracy with a foreign government against the United States.

Trump knew all of this was about to be released and still planned on meeting Putin anyway. Once he was abroad he attacked our allies again at NATO, our law enforcement agencies, our journalists and stood beside the man who orchestrated a massive cyber attack against our country and defended him.

This is beyond the pale. I've never seen anything like this in my life. He's a total fucking traitor. Today sealed the deal. The Republicans are complicit and so is every little sycophant and partisan hack in this country asking for "proof."

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Read this earlier:

"Mr. Gorbachev, we're all to blame for this wall" doesn't quite have the same ring to it.

Randall Flagg

misterID wrote:

Read this earlier:

"Mr. Gorbachev, we're all to blame for this wall" doesn't quite have the same ring to it.

Yea, I don’t know how this can be spinned positively. It’s not the end of the world like some would have us believe, but it ain’t good.

I’m still waiting for someone to advocate a position that does something. Obama did dick while Russia took Georgia and Crimea, and while they and China launched numerous cyber attacks.

The EU funnels billions to Putin for cheap gas. So spare me the sanction nonsense. If you don’t see the similarities between Russia and Iran, I don’t know what to say.

Yes, Russia tried to influence the election. As did our “allies” in Europe. Remember when Snowden leaked that we had a tap on Merkel’s private phone for years?  Should she have canceled talks with Obama?  Deploy sanctions?  Here’s one of our closest allies, and we bug her phone.

Remember how Clinton tried to influence the election in Russia when Putin took power after a 6 year hiatus?

Yea, world powers fuck with each other and spy. How much intel has China stolen?

So either we acknowledge it’s par for the course and try to build positive relations or we respond militarily. Those are our options to deal with any nation.

I just see a lot of people whom were kosher with Obama doing dick while Russia actually took territories and attacked us, now be suddenly outraged and demand “something” because Donnie’s in power.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
misterID wrote:

Read this earlier:

Yea, I don’t know how this can be spinned positively. It’s not the end of the world like some would have us believe, but it ain’t good.

I’m still waiting for someone to advocate a position that does something. Obama did dick while Russia took Georgia and Crimea, and while they and China launched numerous cyber attacks.

What would you have done? Were they worth going to war for? What is there to be done about countries on the other side of the world?

The EU funnels billions to Putin for cheap gas. So spare me the sanction nonsense. If you don’t see the similarities between Russia and Iran, I don’t know what to say.

What are the similarities...because the same assholes who hated that are now loving this Trump/Putin love affair.

Yes, Russia tried to influence the election. As did our “allies” in Europe. Remember when Snowden leaked that we had a tap on Merkel’s private phone for years?  Should she have canceled talks with Obama?  Deploy sanctions?  Here’s one of our closest allies, and we bug her phone.

It's pretty obvious that they did so with much more influence this time...and Trump knows their help assisted in his success. That's why he's bowing to Putin. He's thankful.

Remember how Clinton tried to influence the election in Russia when Putin took power after a 6 year hiatus?

So expressing an opinion publicly is now on the same level as cyber attacks?

Yea, world powers fuck with each other and spy. How much intel has China stolen?

So either we acknowledge it’s par for the course and try to build positive relations or we respond militarily. Those are our options to deal with any nation.

I just see a lot of people whom were kosher with Obama doing dick while Russia actually took territories and attacked us, now be suddenly outraged and demand “something” because Donnie’s in power.

What does taking territory have to do with influencing elections? Are you down with Communism RF? It doesn't seem like you are but you sure don't seem too outraged about Trump pissing off other democracies in favor of these dictators. Ruthless dictators I might add.

Board footer