You are not logged in. Please register or login.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

Re: US Politics Thread

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

You sound exactly like Trump. Sad!

I do? Then i must sound awesome given  our current political climate.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

My God, Joy Reid is horrific.

Who is that? Why do you keep bringing her up?

She is on MSNBC. She is beyond stupid.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

Whem MSNBC keeps pounding “Obama created more jobs”, “Obama had more wage Growth”, “Obama’s hit +4% growth 4 times” we were coming from rock bottom. We had no where to go but up. So of course unemployment is going to trend down during a recovery (a verrrrrry slow recovery) and of course wages will rise. But for Trump to do this at full employment is much harder than Obama doing it at 7 or 8% unemployment. Also, yes the stock market rose under Obama, again, it was like at 8,000 or something when he took over. For Trump to have this market rise under him when already at all time highes is mind bottling.

I am all for calling out Trump, but the context is key here when discussing the numbers.

The only thing I worry about now are the fed rate hikes. Eventually this will back fire in our face and guess what. We will have to lower again. But what do I know.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

My God, Joy Reid is horrific.

Damn SG, you seem to watch more MSNBC than Mitch & SLC put together big_smile

You watch MSNBC like Flagg watches Hannity. 22

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

Joy Ried, Katie Turr, Harris Falkner, all 3 are terrible and try too hard IMO.

Stephanie Ruhle, Shannon Bream, Ali Velshi are much better IMO.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

PaSnow wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

I’m confused. Do you think I watch Hannity?  The guy is a total sychophant. Sure I liked his rhetoric 17 years ago as a young college republican when he had Alan Colmes beside him. But he’s a walking hypocrite, only slightly better than Alex Jones.

Carlson is my favorite pundit if I had to choose, but he’s more interested as of late finding far left nut jobs he can scream at rather than make an intelligent point. If you combine Bill Maher and Tucker Carlson, you might have something.

Joy Reid is a bigot and every moment she’s allowed on the air is more proof the manufactured outrage from the left is well, manufactured.

Anyone else watch Our Cartoon President?  I find it hysterical.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

Fuck all that. I guess nobody agrees comparing Obama’s numbers to Trump is total bullshit due to the environments around each.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Fuck all that. I guess nobody agrees comparing Obama’s numbers to Trump is total bullshit due to the environments around each.

It’s stupid to try to give complete credit of the economy to any president. I don’t care how good/bad the numbers are. Sure, Trump’s pro-business persona is going to encourage corporations to do some things they may have hesitated on during Obama. But to suggest that every positive aspect is due to Trump? Nope.

Obama didn’t deserve the accolades MSNBC threw his way regarding the economy. But he did bailout the auto-industry, or rather he and his party in Congress did. And I can’t see how you can argue that was a bad thing. I certainly screeched like an idiot when it happened, but I’ve repeatedly admitted I was wrong.

That’s why I laugh when partisan hacks try to label me one too. I’m one of the few who don’t vote a straight ticket and label the other side as evil zealots.

The reality is that automation is the low skilled workers enemy. Eventually we’ll all be replaced, even doctors and lawyers. Those who think burger flippers deserve $15 an hour are just as clueless as those who think a major economic and employment crisis isn’t right over the horizon.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

There's going to be legislation and/or tax on automation. There's no way around it. Pretty shocked Bill Gates is a proponent of protecting human jobs and India is already starting. South Korea is going to be in deep shit economically over robotics.

Fox prime time is a joke. Tucker and Hannity are terrible. Just complete boot lickers. I gave Laura Ingraham a try and I have to say, she was a TOUGH interviewer, but incredibly fair and gracious to democrats on her show. Pretty impressed, actually. It's rare for an MSNBC host to have a serious conservative voice in their show, at least one who disagrees with them.

Joy Reid is not only a racist truther, but a homophobe. How the latter gets a pass at a place like MSNBC is beyond me.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
misterID wrote:

Joy Reid is not only a racist truther, but a homophobe. How the latter gets a pass at a place like MSNBC is beyond me.

Cause she is Black.

Board footer