You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: US Politics Thread

Smoking Guns wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Fuck all that. I guess nobody agrees comparing Obama’s numbers to Trump is total bullshit due to the environments around each.

It’s stupid to try to give complete credit of the economy to any president. I don’t care how good/bad the numbers are. Sure, Trump’s pro-business persona is going to encourage corporations to do some things they may have hesitated on during Obama. But to suggest that every positive aspect is due to Trump? Nope.

Obama didn’t deserve the accolades MSNBC threw his way regarding the economy. But he did bailout the auto-industry, or rather he and his party in Congress did. And I can’t see how you can argue that was a bad thing. I certainly screeched like an idiot when it happened, but I’ve repeatedly admitted I was wrong.

That’s why I laugh when partisan hacks try to label me one too. I’m one of the few who don’t vote a straight ticket and label the other side as evil zealots.

The reality is that automation is the low skilled workers enemy. Eventually we’ll all be replaced, even doctors and lawyers. Those who think burger flippers deserve $15 an hour are just as clueless as those who think a major economic and employment crisis isn’t right over the horizon.

If Obama was pres right now he would be getting these numbers. The deregulation, tax cut, and confidence is causing this.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

Imagine how hot our economy would be if the fed didn’t increase rates every few months. They were 0 the whole time under Obama. Every rate hike slows the economy a bit.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Imagine how great the economy would be without the Trump tariffs.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
misterID wrote:

That is temporary. It is only going to get better.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

Italy’s PM and Trump seem to be getting along swell.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Smoking Guns wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Fuck all that. I guess nobody agrees comparing Obama’s numbers to Trump is total bullshit due to the environments around each.

It’s stupid to try to give complete credit of the economy to any president. I don’t care how good/bad the numbers are. Sure, Trump’s pro-business persona is going to encourage corporations to do some things they may have hesitated on during Obama. But to suggest that every positive aspect is due to Trump? Nope.

Obama didn’t deserve the accolades MSNBC threw his way regarding the economy. But he did bailout the auto-industry, or rather he and his party in Congress did. And I can’t see how you can argue that was a bad thing. I certainly screeched like an idiot when it happened, but I’ve repeatedly admitted I was wrong.

That’s why I laugh when partisan hacks try to label me one too. I’m one of the few who don’t vote a straight ticket and label the other side as evil zealots.

The reality is that automation is the low skilled workers enemy. Eventually we’ll all be replaced, even doctors and lawyers. Those who think burger flippers deserve $15 an hour are just as clueless as those who think a major economic and employment crisis isn’t right over the horizon.

If Obama was pres right now he would be getting these numbers. The deregulation, tax cut, and confidence is causing this.

I’m assuming you mean “wouldn’t”. Yea, the tax cut certainly helped, and in certain industries, sure, deregulation. But Trump just signed a bill, same as Obama. Congress deserves the bulk of the credit.

American businesses are going to find a way to be successful. It’s the workers who get fucked regardless of who’s in power. Now I could go on a rant about immigration and a personal story to boot and blame the left. But the reality is Republicans don’t give a fuck either.

Short of absurd regulations, businesses are going to find a way to profit. Obama wanted to end coal, so it’s obviously going to rebound under Trump. But like many similar industries, its days are numbered.

Automation is real. It’s happening. It’s going to be here sooner rather than later. Worrying about how much money Wall Street manufactured that day isn’t going to matter when 50% of the country is unemployed because of republicans and the other half might as well be unemployed because of Democrats taxing at 99%.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Imagine how hot our economy would be if the fed didn’t increase rates every few months. They were 0 the whole time under Obama. Every rate hike slows the economy a bit.

Aside from the tariffs aren’t these mostly the same stuff that brought us the 2008 recession?

Maybe one day you’ll thank the Dems for cleaning up that mess.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
misterID wrote:

That is temporary. It is only going to get better.

The only way it'll change is when republicans take tariff power completely away from him and the midwest turns against him. He didn't think it through, he just did it, and now, when the tariffs do end, they'll be starting over to try to get those deals they lost because of his stupidity. There was a good way to do this, especially with China, and he fucked it up. Sorry, he spends more thought tweeting from the toilet than with his policies.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Aside from the tariffs aren’t these mostly the same stuff that brought us the 2008 recession?

Maybe one day you’ll thank the Dems for cleaning up that mess.

Oh you mean when the Dems forced banks to keep giving loans to sub prime borrowers because everyone needs to own a home?

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

The last crash was in large part due to the housing market debacle and people foreclosing. I fear that could happen again.

Board footer