You are not logged in. Please register or login.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

Re: US Politics Thread

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
misterID wrote:

Trump's presidential publicity stunt gone wrong will effect his business and will likely have some tough repercussions.

I will say, they need to concentrate on Russia only, and hand the other stuff off to the states. Manafort was a complete fiasco and complete waste of money seeing Virginia had their own case against him.

I’m really irritated they put the flag back up at the White House. So fucking petty and so much disrespect toward a man that did more for this country than 1000 regular citizens ever will.

Wait 'til Trump dies....then you'll see somethin'.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:

My stocks have basically flat lined since February, so now all Trump has really done is cut taxes. He's losing/lost the first quarter of the trade war. What is so great about what's going on?

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

misterID wrote:

^^ This.

And they're going to nominate Kamala Harris.

If John Kasich runs I'll vote for him. I can't vote Harris.

I’m convinced Holder is going to be the nominee. He covers all bases and will be portrayed as Obama 2.0. I expect an openly gay, white-female as his VP.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

There's no way they nominate a man.

I can see Booker being VP.

Avenatti is going to be hilarious.

misterID

misterID wrote:

Read this and agree to an extent, though it's not the whole reason, the press plays a big role:

A chunk of the base watched McCain be civil, get smeared, and lose. Then they watched Romney be civil, get smeared, and lose. So they concluded the nominee would be smeared regardless, norms didn’t matter, and only winning elections mattered. Enter Trump.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

misterID wrote:

There's no way they nominate a man.

I can see Booker being VP.

Avenatti is going to be hilarious.

I don’t think there is a female candidate they can run that has any kind of policy record. Warren, Harris, Gildebrand. Nothing on their resumes. And they’d be slaughtered in the general. They can try to be snarky, but Trump would steam roll them.

A black man who was AG?  A man who could dish it out just as good as he gets?  Any of those women will be reminding everyone they have two X chromosomes every speech, arguing that’s a reason to vote for them. Holder won’t need to play the black card.   He’s progressive, but hasn’t gone full retard like the others I mentioned.

misterID

misterID wrote:

They don't have his baggage and I don't think he'll be a good candidate. I don't think he has the temperament for a campaign and this is going to be nasty. The shouts of sexism are gonna troll him.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
misterID wrote:

Read this and agree to an extent, though it's not the whole reason, the press plays a big role:

A chunk of the base watched McCain be civil, get smeared, and lose. Then they watched Romney be civil, get smeared, and lose. So they concluded the nominee would be smeared regardless, norms didn’t matter, and only winning elections mattered. Enter Trump.

Pretty well put. I agree with most of it, or it in general terms. I do think it was a combination of a few things, mixed with some things Hillary did/didn't do as well. Just kinda this perfect recipe for disaster, where lightning struck.

As for 2020, I can't imagine Holder running, with or without Trump as opponent. I still say Tom Wolf Gov PA (D) is a likely VP choice. He brings a state. Cory Booker is good & all, but people could view him as Obama-lite or Mini Me.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:

Look at these mutherfuckers eating each other alive...

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/egregious-unf … 00582.html

https://www.yahoo.com/news/john-mccain- … 56119.html

Won't matter though...the people of Phoenix, AZ will vote Republican no matter what. It's a sprawling wasteland of new housing developments...gentrifying one Mexican community after another. Think of the idiocy of moving to a dessert. In order to live there, you have to make it habitable by turning everything into an air conditioner, a pool and you have to steal water from the rest of the country.

The land prices are cheap as shit even though it was recently one of the fastest growing cities a decade ago. The downtown area is deader than a ghost town. Phoenix is a hollow city with no personality.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:

As for who the Democrats? Who gives a fuck...their spinelessness, directionless stances of late has led to this...

If there is a blue wave....it won't be because the Democrats earned it. It'll be simply because the Trump/Republicans were allowed to be themselves for long enough that people got sick of it. I'll give the Republicans credit for one thing...they are effectively ruthless.

I'm tired of my party always having the 'win the right way' by 'taking the high road.' It's gotten us nothing.

Board footer