You are not logged in. Please register or login.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

Re: US Politics Thread

PaSnow wrote:

Man, did anyone watch Frontline last night?  "Trumps Showdown"?

So let's see, Trumps elected, before he takes office the dosier comes out about Russian cooperation. Trump holds a press conference that day denying it, with his infamous first "Fake News" comment to CNN. 6 days after being hired Mike Flynn resigns as a result of research of ties to Russians, Jeff Sessions who previously claimed to have never talked with Russians during the campaign, is discovered to have had met with 2 Russians, decides to recuse himself from the investigation. Rod Rosenstein is then put in charge.  Comey, who continues with the investigation, is fired not as a result of the Russia probe, but his 'ineffectiveness' into the Hillary investigation, an investigation Trump continuously chanted 'Lock Her Up', yet Rosenstein felt he went too far with it and hampered the election outcome. RodRo selects Mueller, who in the course of the investigation NYT discovers Don Jr met with Russians, to which Trump & Hope Hicks (without consulting lawyers) write a weak reason and release it saying it was 'About Adoptions', which the NYT later discovers is false when they obtain the actual emails that were sent specifically saying the info would benefit them & hurt Hillary. Trump is later close to firing Mueller to which even Steve Bannon (who since left, along with many, many others) blew up over saying that would create a constitutional crisis. Trump hires outside counsel who's first attempt is to say 'It'll be over soon' so that the public gets annoyed when it continues to continue. Trump has most recently considered & been talked out of firing Mueller & RodRo.

Phew, all that said, and people believe there is no collusion.   You couldn't write a more glaring example of guilty of collusion, lol.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Man, did anyone watch Frontline last night?  "Trumps Showdown"?

So let's see, Trumps elected, before he takes office the dosier comes out about Russian cooperation. Trump holds a press conference that day denying it, with his infamous first "Fake News" comment to CNN. 6 days after being hired Mike Flynn resigns as a result of research of ties to Russians, Jeff Sessions who previously claimed to have never talked with Russians during the campaign, is discovered to have had met with 2 Russians, decides to recuse himself from the investigation. Rod Rosenstein is then put in charge.  Comey, who continues with the investigation, is fired not as a result of the Russia probe, but his 'ineffectiveness' into the Hillary investigation, an investigation Trump continuously chanted 'Lock Her Up', yet Rosenstein felt he went too far with it and hampered the election outcome. RodRo selects Mueller, who in the course of the investigation NYT discovers Don Jr met with Russians, to which Trump & Hope Hicks (without consulting lawyers) write a weak reason and release it saying it was 'About Adoptions', which the NYT later discovers is false when they obtain the actual emails that were sent specifically saying the info would benefit them & hurt Hillary. Trump is later close to firing Mueller to which even Steve Bannon (who since left, along with many, many others) blew up over saying that would create a constitutional crisis. Trump hires outside counsel who's first attempt is to say 'It'll be over soon' so that the public gets annoyed when it continues to continue. Trump has most recently considered & been talked out of firing Mueller & RodRo.

Phew, all that said, and people believe there is no collusion.   You couldn't write a more glaring example of guilty of collusion, lol.

Yea but Pa...where’s the evidence???????????????????????????????!!????!!???!??????????????!???????????????????????????????????!!!!?????????????????!??!!!????!!!!!!??!!!?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????????????????????!?!!!!???!??????!!!!!!!!???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????!!?!??!????!!????!????!?]]##*+*||<€£+¥?|}}\\*¥~\<**^}|\}+££*~\\€€*¥€<~\{#^*++==%{\\\~>¥¥¥€>>~|<€?..??!€~\]%*++¥€~|#^*++=>€,~££=+{]{]]_]{}%*++¥€£<|{~>££¥££#]]]]**£>~{\¥£¥€}~>€{**+>~#<#~.|>€><<<

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:

Just as i suspected...no matter what any investigation uncovered they were going to confirm him.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

mitchejw wrote:

Just as i suspected...no matter what any investigation uncovered they were going to confirm him.

So you equally agreed that regardless of the report, Democrats were going to vote no?  And you’re ok with that?

It’s not over yet. They have 3 cloture votes that may not be yes tomorrow. If they lose more than 1 of those 3, he’s done.

I’m expecting it to be 48-52 against tomorrow. Especially if Collins announces a “no” at 3.

Randall Flagg

I saw Emily Ratajkowski was arrested with Amy Schumer yesterday protesting in the Capitol building.  The irony of a woman who became famous because she flashed her tits in a music video called "blurred lines" about fucking women who say "no", trying to be an advocate against sexual assault, isn't lost on me.

The 3:47 mark is my favorite.  The tiny "stop sign" on her ass.

Randall Flagg

Randall Flagg wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

So you equally agreed that regardless of the report, Democrats were going to vote no?  And you’re ok with that?

It’s not over yet. They have 3 cloture votes that may not be yes tomorrow. If they lose more than 1 of those 3, he’s done.

I’m expecting it to be 48-52 against tomorrow. Especially if Collins announces a “no” at 3.

I guess I was wrong.  It's not confirmed to be at least 50-50, with Manchin and Collins stating they'll vote "yes", meaning Pence will break the tie.  Only question is will Flake vote "no" as a final insult before he leaves congress permanently.  It certainly won't help him in 2020 if the rumors of him challenging Trump or going 3rd party are true.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

Everyone made up their minds about this from the beginning. No one gives a shit about each other in this country. Just keep that economy moving and that stock market soaring.

That’s all the culture stands for.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Or legal system is shit. It cost so much fucking money to participate in it anyway. It is like it is rigged against you. You can go broke by either trying to seek justice or defending yourself

CSS 2.0
 Rep: 35 

CSS 2.0 wrote:

Kavanaugh has - unsurprisingly - been confirmed.

Moving along...

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:

Nikki Haley resigns. Why is there so much chaos? Why do people support this? I don’t understand what people see that’s positive in this BS.

No signs were winning any trade war and while unemployment is low it sure seems like there are plenty of low wage/part time/crap jobs being created. These stats seem super contrived.

The Supreme Court has lost at least some credibility.

I don’t feel like things are better. I feel like everyone Fuckin hates each other.

Board footer