You are not logged in. Please register or login.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

Re: Guns N' Roses tour to continue through 2017(and beyond)

apex-twin wrote:

Slash will play on CD2 songs, if it comes to that.

They can re-record the band and keep the vocals.

And people'll think the NITL band wrote the songs 16

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

jimmythegent wrote:

It sure would be a shame if they didn't capitalise on the last few years and do an album. The fans deserve it. A band of GN'Rs stature has a slim discog and it would be a shame if Chinese were the bookend.

In a perfect world, Izzy comes back to help write but i'm not holding my breath. There's got to be tonnes of vault stuff to work up - Chinese era and stuff that predates that even. Hell, Paul Huge could probably line up some material to work up if required.

And of course a couple of covers are probably to be expected. GN'R has far too many in their catalogue but 'The Seeker' and 'Wichita Lineman' both suit Axl's current voice well.

At any rate, GN'R should do it for the fans and for their legacy imo. Chinese should not be the creative bookend of this legendary band.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Take with the requisite bucket of salt:

sp1at
 Rep: 43 

sp1at wrote:

There was a rumor about of Grohl with member(s) of GN'R recording something, so it might not be Guns N' Roses per se. I don't know

elevendayempire

sp1at
 Rep: 43 

sp1at wrote:

The T-Rex project is not a recent thing. U2 recorded the Gong song last year, so it is not a guaranteed release at any point.

dalethirsty
 Rep: 20 

dalethirsty wrote:
sp1at wrote:

There was a rumor about of Grohl with member(s) of GN'R recording something, so it might not be Guns N' Roses per se. I don't know

if grohl is on drums, this might actually be dope as fuck.

then, grohl could show these busters how chinese democracy is meant to be played!

elevendayempire

dalethirsty wrote:
sp1at wrote:

if grohl is on drums, this might actually be dope as fuck.

then, grohl could show these busters how chinese democracy is meant to be played!

I think the Grohl thing is a bit of clickbait tbh, since it's clearly referring to a Foo Fighters track being on the album. Nothing to indicate he's actually done anything with GN'R.

vipicius
 Rep: 6 

vipicius wrote:

Did I hear someone singing in the background or am I crazy? 0:16 seconds.

nugdafied wrote:
vipicius wrote:

Did I hear someone singing in the background or am I crazy? 0:16 seconds.

[/embed]

The warship is named the USS Patience. Sounds like 'Patience' is being sung in the background as well.

Board footer