You are not logged in. Please register or login.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

Re: US Politics Thread

slcpunk wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Russian lawyer who infamously attended the "Russian Adoption Meeting" (lol, good one Hope Hicks, Real clever coverup you genius you) indicted for Obstruction. Seems it dates back to 2014-2015ish, a Russian Tax fraud of laundering Russian Tax money into the US (NY real estate). Might connect how her & the Trumps were long associates tho, and how she was an operative who reported back to Russian officials with Trumpian requests.

No Collusion tho, no collusion.

She's out of the country so will never face trial or charges. The timing of it being released today is curious. Almost like NY Prosecutors had this one sitting around since she'll never goto court so decided "Mehhh, let's drop this one now"

The order of these indictments tell a story IMO. They slowly lead right back to the WH. People asked why Mueller indicted these Russians who can never be tried here. To me that wasn't the point. It's one piece of the puzzle that will provide supporting evidence to those who have been and will be indicted in the future. This new bit of information that came to light about Manafort is a big deal for many reasons, but also because Mueller indicted the Russians who created the troll farms. What data did they analyze, study and use to spread propaganda in the US? Would I be shocked if it happened to be very specific polling data, so these Russian propagandists knew precisely who to mircotarget on facebook etc? Nope.

There are also currently dozens of sealed indictments right now on the DC docket and from Mueller's latest interaction with the Supreme Court, some believe Trump  himself may have been subpoenaed.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:

Rosenstein leaving now...not sure anyone should have a strong reaction to this....it’s too common place.

I’ll tell you what...it’s pretty difficult to run a government this way but i wonder how difficult it is to run a business this way.

Sure the cogs in the wheel are interchangeable but to replace you’re entire executive team over two years is quite unproductive from my standpoint.

I still don’t see how people can support this...

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:

I'm  getting an early jump on my taxes and I can tell I'm already losing on this stupid fucking Trump tax cut for rich people and billionaries.

I can longer deduct mortgage interest, property tax, SALT taxes or student loan interest.

What a fucking farce.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

I'm  getting an early jump on my taxes and I can tell I'm already losing on this stupid fucking Trump tax cut for rich people and billionaries.

I can longer deduct mortgage interest, property tax, SALT taxes or student loan interest.

What a fucking farce.

Well that is fake news. You can deduct but it is capped.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Yeah, mortgage is deductable up to $750,000. I think Home Equity loans are no longer deductible. There may be a loophole if its used to "significantly improve the home" (ie. an addition, remodeling etc).

I think 2nd homes/vacation homes are no longer deductible. The whole things amusing, even CPA's are in the dark about alot of this. It makes me laugh the morons who claim they called and worked with their accountant to "predict" how much savings they had or won't have. Like their CPA read thru the entire thousands of pages of tax law.

Another change is 'entertainment' can no longer be deducted as a business expense (ie sports tickets) even when taking a client. Food/dinner is 50% deductible.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

What a fucking farce.

That’s the only one I’m not sure about...the software said “this will not affect your federal return but it will affect your state return.”

Still...i missing out on some massive tax credits/deductions i got last year. I am not seeing much evidence that I’m paying less on taxes.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

mitchejw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

What a fucking farce.

That’s the only one I’m not sure about...the software said “this will not affect your federal return but it will affect your state return.”

Still...i missing out on some massive tax credits/deductions i got last year. I am not seeing much evidence that I’m paying less on taxes.

If I recall, the law changed so your state property taxes were no longer deductible from your federal taxes. So you’re finally paying the federal government your fair share. I’d suggest speaking with your city council in Chicago to adjust your property taxes. Start with the 1 Republican in your 50 seat council.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

If I recall, the law changed so your state property taxes were no longer deductible from your federal taxes. So you’re finally paying the federal government your fair share. I’d suggest speaking with your city council in Chicago to adjust your property taxes. Start with the Republicans.

Nah...I’m happy to pay state taxes....they are small and paltry compared to federal taxes. Plus I’m more than happy to contribute to my neighbors.

It’s that 55 percent parte of the federal budget that goes to the military really sticks in my craw.

Taxes are bad....mmmmkay right Flagg?

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

If I recall, the law changed so your state property taxes were no longer deductible from your federal taxes. So you’re finally paying the federal government your fair share. I’d suggest speaking with your city council in Chicago to adjust your property taxes. Start with the Republicans.

Nah...I’m happy to pay state taxes....they are small and paltry compared to federal taxes. Plus I’m more than happy to contribute to my neighbors.

It’s that 55 percent parte of the federal budget that goes to the military really sticks in my craw.

55% of our budget goes to the military!??

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

55% of our budget goes to the military!??

https://images.search.yahoo.com/images/ … r2=piv-web

Board footer