You are not logged in. Please register or login.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

Re: US Politics Thread

slcpunk wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Hmmm, sorta like the Steele Dossier tho, not false, just unsubstantiated.

"BuzzFeed's description of specific statements to the Special Counsel's Office, and characterization of documents and testimony obtained by this office, regarding Michael Cohen's Congressional testimony are not accurate,"

Curious how its a bit of wordplay that "specific statements"... are not accurate. Just read the Buzzfeed article, there's a lot of specific, small accusations which, if individually are false, aren't a complete bottoming out of the meat of it.

Although, it's possible they got bad info & possibly intentionally. That'd be quite a swindle tho. We'll find alot out on Feb 8th or whenever Cohens testifying, that's for sure.

Mueller's office has been virtually silent this entire time, so to see them say anything is very strange IMO. In fact it's allowed Trump and his delusional base to attack him with their lies the entire time.

So for them to issue that statement is baffling to me.

Either way, it doesn't mean much in the big scheme of things. Trump isn't any less fucked today because of this. It's not like there aren't half a dozen other reasons to charge him with obstruction anyway.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

For realz. Every story you guys have talked about for months has been total bullshit. At what point do you recognize how reckless it is for media to spread this shit. All the talk of stoking hate?  This is clearly propaganda executed in bad faith. Particularly when you consider how favorably they showed Obama’s many, many objective and factual fuck ups. It’s just absurd that not only this is happening, but how many devious people embrace it because they’re not intelligent, informed or even decent. It’s truly shameful. I can’t fathom how anyone can trust these outlets.

They are quite literally fake news.

Real news is anything trump says right?

It’s weird how CNN is fake news until it says something RF wants to hear...

X

WSJ, NYTs and Washington Post have been covering this fiasco the entire time, putting forth one damning article after another in great detail. Thorough investigative journalism at its finest that leaves no stone unturned. Trump people ignore that reality. Looking for the "aha" moment to justify their "fake news" narrative and ignore this criminal administration. 

They're traitors, just like Trump is.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

That’s why my posts are always prefaced with “if.” We won’t know what’s truly accurate until Mueller’s report is filed.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

I think Mueller was fucking sick of Maddow and others constantly saying what they think Mueller does or does not have. Yet on MSNBC last night even after the statement from the Special Counsel the had a former US attorney say that Mueller’s statement means it is true. Like WTF they keep reading into things instead of just letting it happen. Let the investigation happen. But to keep over speculating to the public actually hurts Mueller’s team and sets up unrealistic expectations

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
slcpunk wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

For realz. Every story you guys have talked about for months has been total bullshit. At what point do you recognize how reckless it is for media to spread this shit. All the talk of stoking hate?  This is clearly propaganda executed in bad faith. Particularly when you consider how favorably they showed Obama’s many, many objective and factual fuck ups. It’s just absurd that not only this is happening, but how many devious people embrace it because they’re not intelligent, informed or even decent. It’s truly shameful. I can’t fathom how anyone can trust these outlets.

Such projection. You've been wrong on just about every single fucking thing. Seriously...everything.

They didn't say it was false in its entirety. They said it wasn't accurate. Otherwise they would have said it the entire report was wrong, which they did not.

You're a right wing stooge, so again you're looking for a slam dunk to support your partisan bias. So predictable. I knew you'd be here saying this. Like clockwork. Even after everything that's come to light, you won't back down. And here's my prediction, once the shit hits the fan and the report is issued, you'll slice it, dice it and play semantics to prove you were right. Even if Trump gets 86d. That's just who you are I guess.

Look at you still holding on to hope “they didn’t say it was ALL wrong”. Lol. Not accurate means “wrong”. They don’t have to categorically deny anything. But for them to release a statement for the first time ever means something WAS REALLY WRONG in that article and that article should be dismissed.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
slcpunk wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Real news is anything trump says right?

It’s weird how CNN is fake news until it says something RF wants to hear...

X

WSJ, NYTs and Washington Post have been covering this fiasco the entire time, putting forth one damning article after another in great detail. Thorough investigative journalism at its finest that leaves no stone unturned. Trump people ignore that reality. Looking for the "aha" moment to justify their "fake news" narrative and ignore this criminal administration. 

They're traitors, just like Trump is.

That’s just it...nothing is ever going to matter to some of these people. No amount of evidence will ever make them care. The duplicity in their line of thinking is freightening...

Think about what this movement was born out of....rage at Hillary...rage at Obama....conspiracy theories about Obama being a Muslim...or Obama not being a US citizen...

The whole agenda has been to create/implement policy to harm people that aren’t white and cut taxes for the super wealthy.

They’re willing to believe things that haven’t been proven ALL the time. Their whole political movement is based on fallacy and talking heads who will say exactly what they want to hear.

And now we have a real and serious investigation of our president and trump supporters revert into deep delusion. Nothing that’s actually happening is happening...

Even if irrefutable evidence is presented guys like RF will deny it away. His favorite thing todo is say he’s not a trump supporter but he supports everything he does.

All of this distortion and redirection is all to canoflouge a deep need to know that there are people, an entire class of people that are under the RFs of the world. Trump validates these people and they will forever be loyal to him for that.

How he got into power and any laws that were potentially broken to make that happen is just collateral damage. Ethics be damned. Deplorable conduct supported.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
slcpunk wrote:

Mueller's office has been virtually silent this entire time, so to see them say anything is very strange IMO. In fact it's allowed Trump and his delusional base to attack him with their lies the entire time.

So for them to issue that statement is baffling to me.

Yeah I agree. My guess is with this big a leak, and a 3 day weekend, heck Trump mighta been fired or resigned by Tuesday. I think it was too big & too assertive a leak for him, and he had to quell it a bit.

Still odd his office spoke out, and yeah possible its all made up or wrong. We'll see what plays out.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

I must have really got under the truther’s skin. How funny is it to see him attack me and say I’m wrong. He won’t even admit the story the special counsel just struck down is inaccurate.

SLC, nothing you’ve said is correct about any issue the past year. Flynn didn’t flip. Sessions didn’t lie about meeting with the Russians. No information was exchanged at Trump tower. Trump didn’t obstruct justice by firing Comey. Nothing Manafort did is connected to Trump, and short of polling information (which isn’t illegal) we know of no collaboration between Manafort and some Russian agent.

Trump didn’t tell Cohen to lie. Paying off whores blackmailing you isn’t objectively a crime, and no one besides you gives a fuck.

You’re embarrassing. You swore the dossier was true. Trump stole the election by working with Russia. Nothing, I mean nothing you’ve said has been substantiated. Let alone written by the WaPo or NYT.

You’re a very uninformed person who continues to howl at the wind and wear tinfoil hat (the name of your old site - I can’t even make this up! - the site you posted infowars articles and 9/11 being an inside job, remember?).  You’ll believe and repeat anything if it vindicates your moral outrage towards your political opponents.

How many times have you posted something to be later informed you were spreading lies or misinformation. How many times have you admitted you were wrong?

You won’t admit this latest buzzfeed article is a madeup lie. You won’t admit you were duped by McClatchy and their lie about Cohen in Prague. About Flynn, Jr, Sessions and Trump.

You have the consistency of a Russian propaganda machine. You just lie and spread lies, and never step back and ask why you’re doing this.

Tell us all once again who ordered and was behind 9/11. Remind the folks at home how great your detective work, analytics and integrity are.

It’s fucking hysterical for you to attack my credibility and posts. Thanks for putting a smile on my face early in the morning. Now remind your nurse to increase the dose of your medication.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

I must have really got under the truther’s skin. How funny is it to see him attack me and say I’m wrong. He won’t even admit the story the special counsel just struck down is inaccurate.

SLC, nothing you’ve said is correct about any issue the past year. Flynn didn’t flip. Sessions didn’t lie about meeting with the Russians. No information was exchanged at Trump tower. Trump didn’t obstruct justice by firing Comey. Nothing Manafort did is connected to Trump, and short of polling information (which isn’t illegal) we know of no collaboration between Manafort and some Russian agent.

Trump didn’t tell Cohen to lie. Paying off whores blackmailing you isn’t objectively a crime, and no one besides you gives a fuck.

You’re embarrassing. You swore the dossier was true. Trump stole the election by working with Russia. Nothing, I mean nothing you’ve said has been substantiated. Let alone written by the WaPo or NYT.

You’re a very uninformed person who continues to howl at the wind and wear tinfoil hat (the name of your old site - I can’t even make this up! - the site you posted infowars articles and 9/11 being an inside job, remember?).  You’ll believe and repeat anything if it vindicates your moral outrage towards your political opponents.

How many times have you posted something to be later informed you were spreading lies or misinformation. How many times have you admitted you were wrong?

You won’t admit this latest buzzfeed article is a madeup lie. You won’t admit you were duped by McClatchy and their lie about Cohen in Prague. About Flynn, Jr, Sessions and Trump.

You have the consistency of a Russian propaganda machine. You just lie and spread lies, and never step back and ask why you’re doing this.

Tell us all once again who ordered and was behind 9/11. Remind the folks at home how great your detective work, analytics and integrity are.

It’s fucking hysterical for you to attack my credibility and posts. Thanks for putting a smile on my face early in the morning. Now remind your nurse to increase the dose of your medication.

You never have anything to say. Not a god damn thing.

It’s clear that you don’t care about much. But one thing you do care about is stopping brown people at the border and allowing children to die in the custody of the federal government.

Now that’s something you can really get behind.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Flagg I missed it in Mueller's statement where he clarified none of these things happened either? roll

Board footer