You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Re: US Politics Thread

harmon420 wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

The largest fentanayl shipment ever was caught.

Wasn't that through a legal point of entry though? Asking for a friend, I have no dog in this fight.

Most definitely.  That doesn't mean it isn't also coming from different methods or we shouldn't increase technology and scans over the port of entry.  I'm not interested in a wall that spans coast to coast.  I'm interested in smart technology that identifies illegals, and a system that expeditiously removes them.  Any figure like the 400k most say illegally entered last year is based only on what we know.  We found 100 corpses in just one small area of the border where people died trying to cross. 

The left wants to make this a humanitarian issue, and doesn't want to acknowledge that we have a significant cultural, economic and security issue on our hand.  People that can't speak english, aren't skilled, and don't value American culture and beliefs shouldn't be able to illegally enter and stay indefinitely.  We should have total control over who enters this nation.

Randall Flagg

Smoking Guns wrote:

To help the DACA kids, we must seal the border. To issue tax id’s to illegals here, the border must be sealed as good as possible. Once the border is sealed we can issue tax id numbers and get these folks out of the shadows and paying taxes. No amnesty.  But if you don’t seal the border you never know what the hell you have and nobody has an incentive to follow the rules.

Right, if we don't stop more from coming in and remove those who arrived recently, we're solving the issue.  Democrats promised us that amnesty passed under Regan would end illegal immigration once and for all.  Over 30 years later, we're worse than we ever were.  That's why Trump will ultimately prevail if he declares a national emergency, there's no way to argue that there isn't a crisis (more migrants are dying making the trek than Americans killed by Ar-15s each year - so put that in your pipe and smoke it if you want to play semantics on what a crisis is), and congress won't work to find a solution.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

To help the DACA kids, we must seal the border. To issue tax id’s to illegals here, the border must be sealed as good as possible. Once the border is sealed we can issue tax id numbers and get these folks out of the shadows and paying taxes. No amnesty.  But if you don’t seal the border you never know what the hell you have and nobody has an incentive to follow the rules.

Right, if we don't stop more from coming in and remove those who arrived recently, we're solving the issue.  Democrats promised us that amnesty passed under Regan would end illegal immigration once and for all.  Over 30 years later, we're worse than we ever were.  That's why Trump will ultimately prevail if he declares a national emergency, there's no way to argue that there isn't a crisis (more migrants are dying making the trek than Americans killed by Ar-15s each year - so put that in your pipe and smoke it if you want to play semantics on what a crisis is), and congress won't work to find a solution.

It’s not a crisis. Where was all this pressure on the Congress when Obama was President trying to resolve the immigration issue? 4 years ago it was obstruction - now it’s an emergency worth using executive authority on.

This is an overreach by an unpopular president trying to shore up his base.

Randall Flagg

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

It’s not a crisis. Where was all this pressure on the Congress when Obama was President trying to resolve the immigration issue? 4 years ago it was obstruction - now it’s an emergency worth using executive authority on.

Trump's approval rating is almost identical to Obama's at the same point in time.  Was DACA "an overreach by an unpopular president trying to shore up his base."   Trump is more popular than Pelosi today.  Is her opposition "an overreach by an unpopular Speaker trying to shore up her base."

I don't disagree that this is in part political grandstanding on both sides.  But Trump was elected primarily on immigration, he and congress failed to act (in part because of Senate filibusters - but they could have gone nuclear), and more and more migrants are exploiting the loophole of children (we have 30 year old migrants pretending to be teenagers, and 19 year olds enrolled as High School freshmen who don't speak english) to get entry. 

I personally think Trump should build tent cities on  the thousands of acres of unused military land along the border at Fort Bliss and Fort Huachuca and house asylum seekers there until an expedited immigration court (we have hundreds of JAG officers that could be activated to serve as judges) to quickly remove the 85% of illegals that have no asylum claim.  And we can expedite the other 15% who the majority of will never have their claims validated.  Domestic abuse and gang violence should never have counted, they weren't authorized by Congress, and Obama lacked the authority to add them.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Trump's approval rating is almost identical to Obama's at the same point in time.  Was DACA "an overreach by an unpopular president trying to shore up his base."   Trump is more popular than Pelosi today.  Is her opposition "an overreach by an unpopular Speaker trying to shore up her base."

I don't disagree that this is in part political grandstanding on both sides.  But Trump was elected primarily on immigration, he and congress failed to act (in part because of Senate filibusters - but they could have gone nuclear), and more and more migrants are exploiting the loophole of children (we have 30 year old migrants pretending to be teenagers, and 19 year olds enrolled as High School freshmen who don't speak english) to get entry. 

I personally think Trump should build tent cities on  the thousands of acres of unused military land along the border at Fort Bliss and Fort Huachuca and house asylum seekers there until an expedited immigration court (we have hundreds of JAG officers that could be activated to serve as judges) to quickly remove the 85% of illegals that have no asylum claim.  And we can expedite the other 15% who the majority of will never have their claims validated.  Domestic abuse and gang violence should never have counted, they weren't authorized by Congress, and Obama lacked the authority to add them.

I would be much more willing to consider the proposal you mentioned above.

Why can’t we just reinvest in the smarter, cheaper safeguards we already have? I just had to get my drivers license renewed and there’s no way an illegal is walking out of an Illinois Secretary of State with a fake ID. The amount of paperwork i had to bring in to prove I’m me for a simple renewal is robust.

A wall is not now nor will it ever be necessary.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Trump's approval rating is almost identical to Obama's at the same point in time.  .

roll

Who is a bigger liar? Who believes their own bullshit more? Trump or Flagg?

An average taken from 538:

Obama: On Wednesday, Jan. 30, 2011, Barack Obama’s approval rating was 50.2 percent.
Trump: On Wednesday, Jan. 30, 2019, Donald Trump’s approval rating is 39.6 percent.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

A wall is not now nor will it ever be necessary.

That's the same thing our intelligence agencies say. There is not a national security threat on the border. But again, our idiot President lies and says there is.

Just like they say the opposite of what Trump claims about North Korea, or the Russians, or NATO, or his poll numbers, or any of his accomplishments....just about anything Trump claims is a lie.

Randall Flagg

It’s a shame watching the Democrats turn on their own in Virginia. The guy claims he wore blackface to do a Michael Jackson dance in the early 80s. So?  He wasn’t doing it to be racist, he had no ill will towards blacks, and wasn’t doing it to offend.

Yes, minstrels shows are in poor taste. But someone applying makeup to be a character isn’t inherently offensive. We should be fighting back against this nonsense. It wasn’t offensive when Dave Chappelle whitened his skin to play various white characters. It wasn’t offensive when Robert Downey Jr darkened his skin for Tropic Thunder. If you want to support this ultra PC nonsense, but don’t think Chappelle or Downey are racists, wtf?

He claims it isn’t him in the KKK photograph, and no one has credibly claimed he is present. He has no control over the layout of the yearbook, so unless he approved that image, I don’t see what else there is to discuss.

Now the Lt Governor is being accused of sexual assault from the same outlet. And the Washington Post conformed they were notified of the accusation previously. If this doesn’t put the absurdity of Kavanaugh’s circus, and how dangerous weaponizing sexual assault allegations are, I don’t know what to tell you. This man deserves the presumption of innocence and scrutiny into his accuser as Kavanaugh deserved.

This hysteria to pretend that every feigned offense is on parity with the holocaust or segregation needs to end. The Democrats are going to eat themselves attempting to adhere to this millienial, micro aggression bullshit. And the people they’re attempting to cater to are never going to be happy. Vulcans could land tonight and provide housing and food replicators to every person on the planet with every technological convenience, and the AOC’s of the world would still preach revolution and talk of suffering.

Outrage culture is our biggest threat to true progress.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

It’s a shame watching the Democrats turn on their own in Virginia. The guy claims he wore blackface to do a Michael Jackson dance in the early 80s. So?  He wasn’t doing it to be racist, he had no ill will towards blacks, and wasn’t doing it to offend.

Yes, minstrels shows are in poor taste. But someone applying makeup to be a character isn’t inherently offensive. We should be fighting back against this nonsense. It wasn’t offensive when Dave Chappelle whitened his skin to play various white characters. It wasn’t offensive when Robert Downey Jr darkened his skin for Tropic Thunder. If you want to support this ultra PC nonsense, but don’t think Chappelle or Downey are racists, wtf?

He claims it isn’t him in the KKK photograph, and no one has credibly claimed he is present. He has no control over the layout of the yearbook, so unless he approved that image, I don’t see what else there is to discuss.

Now the Lt Governor is being accused of sexual assault from the same outlet. And the Washington Post conformed they were notified of the accusation previously. If this doesn’t put the absurdity of Kavanaugh’s circus, and how dangerous weaponizing sexual assault allegations are, I don’t know what to tell you. This man deserves the presumption of innocence and scrutiny into his accuser as Kavanaugh deserved.

This hysteria to pretend that every feigned offense is on parity with the holocaust or segregation needs to end. The Democrats are going to eat themselves attempting to adhere to this millienial, micro aggression bullshit. And the people they’re attempting to cater to are never going to be happy. Vulcans could land tonight and provide housing and food replicators to every person on the planet with every technological convenience, and the AOC’s of the world would still preach revolution and talk of suffering.

Outrage culture is our biggest threat to true progress.

I’m not sure he should resign either personally....but theres a deep purge going on with the Dems....i admire the idealism though....it sure is better than the alternative

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

Didn't Hillary have a blackface picture?

Board footer