You are not logged in. Please register or login.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

Re: US Politics Thread

buzzsaw wrote:

You got a tax break dude.  Just because you think it helped others more, it still helped you.  And they've prevented the Dems from turning us into Greece quicker than we would be anyway.  What you don't seem to understand STILL is that balance is necessary because either side will destroy the country if they get their way 100%.  This swinging back and forth isn't ideal either, but there's a reason we're swinging back and forth...too much of either side is bad.  The system is completely broken and neither side gives a flying fuck about you.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

I got a tax break.

But the deductions removed actually increased my “taxable” income.

Is that a tax break or tax increase?

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:

The more deductions they get rid of, the better.  If you've been playing the system and the system caught up to you, that's okay too.  The whole tax code needs to be redone, but that won't happen any time soon.

I made out like a bandit with the tax cuts.  I don't know what people consider middle class these days, but I'm certainly not rich.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

The more deductions they get rid of, the better.  If you've been playing the system and the system caught up to you, that's okay too.  The whole tax code needs to be redone, but that won't happen any time soon.

I made out like a bandit with the tax cuts.  I don't know what people consider middle class these days, but I'm certainly not rich.

I was never playing the system. I live in Illinois and the GOP plan penalized us because they know they never have to worry about our vote. Same with NY and Calif. States with higher costs of living were basically targeted.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:

I certainly don't live in the cheapest place to live and I have plenty of friends and family in Illinois with far more complaints about their state/local taxes and none with the federal cuts.  Maybe you were in a unique situation.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

buzzsaw wrote:

I certainly don't live in the cheapest place to live and I have plenty of friends and family in Illinois with far more complaints about their state/local taxes and none with the federal cuts.  Maybe you were in a unique situation.

Yea, that’s the issue. He lives in Chicago and has been able to deduct the incredibly high taxes Chicago has from his federal taxes. The tax law changed all that. I guess some people don’t really believe in paying “their fair share.”  Can someone remind me again of what party has complete control over Chicago politics?  Seems like maybe some of the angst over property taxes should be directed locally.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Yea, that’s the issue. He lives in Chicago and has been able to deduct the incredibly high taxes Chicago has from his federal taxes. The tax law changed all that. I guess some people don’t really believe in paying “their fair share.”  Can someone remind me again of what party has complete control over Chicago politics?  Seems like maybe some of the angst over property taxes should be directed locally.

Nah...i want my money spent locally instead of some war with a third world country that is nearly twenty years in the making.

Sorry dude but you’re dead wrong again....seeing as how i pay large state and federal taxes i most surely pay more than my fair share....

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
bigbri wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

I was never playing the system. I live in Illinois and the GOP plan penalized us because they know they never have to worry about our vote. Same with NY and Calif. States with higher costs of living were basically targeted.

NY, Cal, Illinois pay in way more than they get....

It’s mostly because these states shit out the entire state economy of states like Alabama and Mississippi all those other red states by February of each fiscal year...

That’s why i find it laughable that these fuckin self appointed economic geniuses from these red states have ANYTHING to offer.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:

https://www.wsbtv.com/amp/news/national … /932780017

Not enough people have been upset about shit like this

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

So looks like Biden may pick Stacey Abrams as his VP out the gate. Kudos to him for being savvy enough to know the primary. But I don’t see how she’s any more qualified than Sarah Palin, so he just hurt his chance of getting my vote.

Board footer