You are not logged in. Please register or login.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

Re: I could use a hand

PaSnow wrote:

Some of you know I do work in video, odds & ends, streaming, weddings, sports etc. Anything that pays basically. Well, a part time or hobby from it, is that I created a Roku channel. A small one, but it was a stretch of my web & video abilities, but I achieved it. It's called Old School Social Studies Films, and is basically archive & public domain films.

Well, in an effort to do something new & "blow it up", I'll be streaming the notoriously bad 'Plan 9 From Outer Space' on Saturday night, at 9pm.  Although, I'm doing it a bit different. Using some livestream software I have, I can embed Twitter feeds into the stream, essentially rotating in any that have a chosen hashtag. I'm using #Plan9Live

So, tomorrow night, Thursday, at 8pm EST I'll likely do one final Facebook Live to try to promote & express what it is I'll be doing. If anyone wants to tune in & watch, our page is here:  https://www.facebook.com/oldschoolsocialstudiesfilms .   I could use some tweets referencing the hashtag, I really don't care what its about, would prefer to keep GnR, Politics, and specifics about me out of it, although feel free to call me an idiot. If you can watch and tweet in, using hashtag #Plan9Live .  Or if you can tweet in now or whenever as well that's fine, the tweets will cycle thru every 5-10 seconds.

Event for it is here:  https://www.facebook.com/events/399318037298723/

Also, if you don't have a Roku but are curious to watch it let me know, I could send you a URL it can be viewed at.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Cool man!

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

Hey just wanted to follow up, it was actually a success (technically speaking), the stream was buffering early on till I lowered the bitrate, but still a clean feed & remained steady throughout.  Here's a clip of how it kinda displayed during the film:

Pretty much real time, about a minute lag for the Tweet to arrive to go thru the streaming server encoded. Plus whatever time it took to capture the Tweet, pretty much immediate to another minute, depending. But Tweets stayed up throughout, albeit repeating when needed.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Some of you know I do work in video, odds & ends, streaming, weddings, sports etc. Anything that pays basically. Well, a part time or hobby from it, is that I created a Roku channel. A small one, but it was a stretch of my web & video abilities, but I achieved it. It's called Old School Social Studies Films, and is basically archive & public domain films.

Well, in an effort to do something new & "blow it up", I'll be streaming the notoriously bad 'Plan 9 From Outer Space' on Saturday night, at 9pm.  Although, I'm doing it a bit different. Using some livestream software I have, I can embed Twitter feeds into the stream, essentially rotating in any that have a chosen hashtag. I'm using #Plan9Live

So, tomorrow night, Thursday, at 8pm EST I'll likely do one final Facebook Live to try to promote & express what it is I'll be doing. If anyone wants to tune in & watch, our page is here:  https://www.facebook.com/oldschoolsocialstudiesfilms .   I could use some tweets referencing the hashtag, I really don't care what its about, would prefer to keep GnR, Politics, and specifics about me out of it, although feel free to call me an idiot. If you can watch and tweet in, using hashtag #Plan9Live .  Or if you can tweet in now or whenever as well that's fine, the tweets will cycle thru every 5-10 seconds.

Event for it is here:  https://www.facebook.com/events/399318037298723/

Also, if you don't have a Roku but are curious to watch it let me know, I could send you a URL it can be viewed at.

Oh shot i do t know why but i just noticed this....way to go man! I’ll keep a better eye or next time.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

Thanks, I'm doing it again this coming Saturday, at 9EST., another bad sci-fi 'The Giant Gila Monster'. So far engagement has been tepid, at first I think it was an acquantaince or two, and someone one of them worked with. We did it a 2nd time and did get a couple random fans.

Next weekend, with April 20th falling on a Saturday, (420), inevitably I'll be streaming cult classic Reefer Madness. Notsomuch because I'm all about it or wanna participate etc, more just thats the way things fell. And Reefer Madness probably is the most marketable films to push this idea, and maybe create a bit of buzz in certain circles, hoping it grows a bit some organic shares & promotion, although I'd likely have to give it a bit of a push with ads.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I'm gonna start using Evo's Twitter page again so I'll plug it on there a bit.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

Thanks. It kinda ran its course. The technology worked, I was happy about that. Admittedly participation/marketing was low. Something for me to work on over time but isnt something I can commit to every week at this point, although I did miss it last weekend neutral

Board footer