You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: US Politics Thread

Smoking Guns wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

What "shitty recovery"?  It might've been the greatest recovery in our country's history following prolly the second worse depression.

They no longer would call it a Depression because they feel the label is to dire

So you give credit to Bush admin or not?

The recovery itself did happen but is considered the slowest recovery in he history of our country but it was methodical. Obama continues what Bush started and then Trump unleashed the bulls that were slightly contained due to the fed increasing rates. All in all, pretty good.

OMG W Bush started what??  He's Republican successor offered to suspend his campaign indefinitely until the economy was stabilized.  This was in October 2008.  W was clueless on what to do & Too Big To Fail was happening each week.  You're not even trying if you're attempting to say W helped turn the economy around. Republicans were bitching for 2-4 years about the economy & how bad it was, now you're trying to spin it that W started the turnaround.

C'mon man, Karl Rove, Dick Cheney & Alex Jones wouldn't even attempt such an arguement.

Tarp and the bailouts were all done by Bush’s admin, Henry Paulson, Geitner, etc. All of that was done pre Obama. They “stopped” the bleeding per se. I watched a special on it  recently. John McCain tried to sabotage it and made this big political stunt about it. Obama could call Paulson regularly to stay up to date on what they were dealing with. But all the big bailouts and negotiations to keep the banks from failing was done at the end of 2008 and before 2009. Then Obama appoints Tim Geitner who was on that team to be his treasury secretary to keep doing what they were doing. Fascinating movie.

Bush didn’t start the recession. It was based on decades of stupid policy that got us there. It wasn’t something Bush did specifically. But Maxine Waters and Barney Frank do share some of the blame.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/12/upsh … overy.html

PA, you need to watch the special on HBO. These guys took so much fucking hear from Dems and Republicans but in the end, their plan worked.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

So you give credit to Bush admin or not?

The recovery itself did happen but is considered the slowest recovery in he history of our country but it was methodical. Obama continues what Bush started and then Trump unleashed the bulls that were slightly contained due to the fed increasing rates. All in all, pretty good.

OMG W Bush started what??  He's Republican successor offered to suspend his campaign indefinitely until the economy was stabilized.  This was in October 2008.  W was clueless on what to do & Too Big To Fail was happening each week.  You're not even trying if you're attempting to say W helped turn the economy around. Republicans were bitching for 2-4 years about the economy & how bad it was, now you're trying to spin it that W started the turnaround.

C'mon man, Karl Rove, Dick Cheney & Alex Jones wouldn't even attempt such an arguement.

Tarp and the bailouts were all done by Bush’s admin, Henry Paulson, Geitner, etc. All of that was done pre Obama. They “stopped” the bleeding per se. I watched a special on it  recently. John McCain tried to sabotage it and made this big political stunt about it. Obama could call Paulson regularly to stay up to date on what they were dealing with. But all the big bailouts and negotiations to keep the banks from failing was done at the end of 2008 and before 2009. Then Obama appoints Tim Geitner who was on that team to be his treasury secretary to keep doing what they were doing. Fascinating movie.

Bush didn’t start the recession. It was based on decades of stupid policy that got us there. It wasn’t something Bush did specifically. But Maxine Waters and Barney Frank do share some of the blame.

well there you have it everyone....Trump succeeded W. Bush, 2008-2016 never happened. Everything good that's ever happened since 2000 was W. Bush and Trump.

And we're the whacks, right?

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

well there you have it everyone....Trump succeeded W. Bush, 2008-2016 never happened. Everything good that's ever happened since 2000 was W. Bush and Trump.

And we're the whacks, right?

I didn’t say that. But the zero interest rates and bail outs were HUGE factors that kept our economy afloat. That didn’t have anything to do with Bush or Obama...

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

PA, you need to watch the special on HBO. These guys took so much fucking hear from Dems and Republicans but in the end, their plan worked.

I've heard about this film, and yeah those guys likely did to some gutsy playcalling to make this work, but Geitner was an Obama guy & if you wanna give alot of credit to those who were on watch & didn't forsee such a tremendous mess (Paulson) then be my guest. Thats like giving Donald Rumsfeld alot of credit for like 1 successful battle in Iraq or something.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

I've heard about this film, and yeah those guys likely did to some gutsy playcalling to make this work, but Geitner was an Obama guy & if you wanna give alot of credit to those who were on watch & didn't forsee such a tremendous mess (Paulson) then be my guest. Thats like giving Donald Rumsfeld alot of credit for like 1 successful battle in Iraq or something.

Geitner was on the team of Benanke and Paulson... Obama chose him because he was familiar with plan. I think he came from the NY Fed bank. So it was a natural fit since he was already involved in the solution.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Here’s Trump not affecting cost of health care again.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:

Don’t you love it when the guy in this thread constantly patting himself the back for being such a genius when it came to the constitution says nothing when congress makes an otherwise normal request backed by decades of compliance but seems to defend the rights of a grossly inept president all day?

MAaaaaaaaGggAaaaaaaaa

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Don’t you love it when a man who can’t read pretends he can?

https://www.politico.com/story/2012/06/ … ess-077988

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Don’t you love it when a man who can’t read pretends he can?

https://www.politico.com/story/2012/06/ … ess-077988

Nice pivot...i was talking about tax returns...what are you talking about? I

Board footer