You are not logged in. Please register or login.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

Re: US Politics Thread

buzzsaw wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Honest question:  Does anyone else feel it's occasionally somewhat implied that the russian lawyer who met with Trump & Kush & all might have been a setup?  Almost like a sting operation setup by the Feds. 

I've gotten that impression once or twice, and can't quite get a grasp on it.  If it was, I can't imagine her being much welcomed back in Russia.

If I cared, I'd be more interested in knowing why this matters this time, but not other times politicians have met with Russia.  I don't get too excited about the selective outrage generated these days. Politicians meet with people from other countries. Business people meet with people from other countries. What exactly makes this one so special?  Because you don't like him you assume something illegal happened? But it's okay when your side did it? If you're going to be pissed, get pissed about all of it, otherwise you get dismissed immediately as prejudiced.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Honest question:  Does anyone else feel it's occasionally somewhat implied that the russian lawyer who met with Trump & Kush & all might have been a setup?  Almost like a sting operation setup by the Feds. 

I've gotten that impression once or twice, and can't quite get a grasp on it.  If it was, I can't imagine her being much welcomed back in Russia.

If I cared, I'd be more interested in knowing why this matters this time, but not other times politicians have met with Russia.  I don't get too excited about the selective outrage generated these days. Politicians meet with people from other countries. Business people meet with people from other countries. What exactly makes this one so special?  Because you don't like him you assume something illegal happened? But it's okay when your side did it? If you're going to be pissed, get pissed about all of it, otherwise you get dismissed immediately as prejudiced.

Well, you took the wrong angle on that one. First off, if she was a legit lawyer, and Trump met with her as a result of having "dirt" on her political opponent, well yeah that in itself is pretty bad & I may be wrong on this but I believe that might be illegal in itself.

That aside, I'm saying she was NOT an authentic russian operative but could have been a prop by the FBI to investigate IF the Trumps were willing to meet & discuss with Russians (ie: wore a wire).  And, for the record, I believe its been from the Trump team & GOPers who've suggested this theory (at least from what I've picked up what they put down). I saw a bit of Trumps presser today & he seemed to allude to this possibility, albeit subtly (said something like "So my son met with this lawyer or whoever she might have been"). It was an odd statement and again the 2nd or 3rd time I heard that implied.

If thats the case I'd be curious how it never came out in the Mueller report, unless its redacted due to hiding the means in which the Feds obtain info, or something buried in the documents of evidence out there Dems are trying to get. Again, just a thought, conspiracy theory as Randall likes to label me.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

buzzsaw wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

This.

I can’t understand the outrage at Jr meeting a Russian lawyer for 5 minutes, but absolute silence that Clinton paid a British agent to go to a bar with Russians and manufacture a dossier that has been thoroughly debunked and was the basis for a collusion investigation Mueller debunked.

Then more outrage that Trump attempted to “obstruct” an investigation that was based on a lie paid for by his political opponent.

I just don’t take anyone seriously who bitches about Trump but handwaives Clinton for actually doing the “crime” they accuse Trump of.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

Give it up. Opposition research is not illegal and early on Id heard it was passed along to her by a GOP primary opponent of Trumps who bowed out.

Randall Flagg

PaSnow wrote:

Give it up. Opposition research is not illegal and early on Id heard it was passed along to her by a GOP primary opponent of Trumps who bowed out.

I’ve repeatedly told you you’re wrong on this. Fusion GPS didn’t contract with Steele until they were hired by the DNC. You can verify any of that on your own.

I guess Jr just got opposition research too.

Give it up. You’re being a hypocrite and are too partisan to see it. You literally just called Clinton paying a foreign agent for dirt Opposition research and then denied Jr taking a meeting was similar. C’mon dude. Try to stay logically consistent.

Here's an article for you, so you can quit repeating a falsehood that has been debunked for almost 2 years.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/na … dac5f11516

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

I’ve repeatedly told you you’re wrong on this. Fusion GPS didn’t contract with Steele until they were hired by the DNC. You can verify any of that on your own.

Give it up. You’re being a hypocrite and are too partisan to see it. You literally just called Clinton paying a foreign agent for dirt Opposition research and then denied Jr taking a meeting was similar. C’mon dude. Try to stay logically consistent.

There's a major difference between following campaign members, doing background checks & investigations, and speaking with others who may have insights into them, as opposed to seeking and accepting hacked/illegally stolen items. Huge difference. Plus AFAIK legally Trump was supposed to report this info to the FBI, per campaign law. They gave thiem the benefit of the doubt cause they're too stupid to know & too reckless to ask.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

There's a major difference between following campaign members, doing background checks & investigations, and speaking with others who may have insights into them, as opposed to seeking and accepting hacked/illegally stolen items. Huge difference. Plus AFAIK legally Trump was supposed to report this info to the FBI, per campaign law. They gave thiem the benefit of the doubt cause they're too stupid to know & too reckless to ask.

Yea...I agree. You hit the nail right on the head here.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Half truths are what he does best.

More accurately "lying."

Flagg, Buzz and their benighted ilk want to talk about stupid shit. Typing up lengthy diatribes and viotriolic posts chock full of lies in hopes that you won't notice the crazy things Trump is doing almost every day. Don't get distracted by the angry clown show, while our country is essentially on fire.

Randall Flagg

slcpunk wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Half truths are what he does best.

More accurately "lying."

Flagg, Buzz and their benighted ilk want to talk about stupid shit. Typing up lengthy diatribes and viotriolic posts chock full of lies in hopes that you won't notice the crazy things Trump is doing almost every day. Don't get distracted by the angry clown show, while our country is essentially on fire.

What lies, Jason?  Can you give specifics or this is your typical "post complete bullshit, before calling Flagg a fascist and make up lies to distract from the state of your mental health and lunacy?"  Lies like saying Trump colluded with Russia? Lies like saying 9/11 was an inside job?  Or lies like saying the DNC inherited the Steele Dossier from Jeb Bush?

I just want to know what kind of lies we're talking about here, because you offer so many.

I'll be more cautious in the future, not to talk about "stupid shit" like policy or facts.  I'll be sure to limit my discussions to Samantha Bee clips, news articles that are immediately debunked, and blatant conspiracy theories.  And of course how paying a foreign agent to talk to Russia to get dirt on your opponent is much better than taking a 5 minute meeting after your opponent destroys evidence after a subpoena and destroys 33k emails we've still never seen.

Randall Flagg

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/colorado-stud … 00053.html

Student walk out of prayer vigil after Democratic Senator and politicians attempt to co-opt it for their political agenda.  Is this where I'm supposed to call them "chumps"?   Good to finally see those who exploit tragedy be called out on it, but I don't expect most of you to be aware of this story since the main shooter was an Anti-Trump nutjob and the other shooter was transgender.  Never forget to exploit a tragedy.  "DO SOMETHING!"

Board footer