You are not logged in. Please register or login.

PaSnow
 Rep: 201 

Re: US Politics Thread

PaSnow wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/colorado-stud … 00053.html

Student walk out of prayer vigil after Democratic Senator and politicians attempt to co-opt it for their political agenda.  Is this where I'm supposed to call them "chumps"?   Good to finally see those who exploit tragedy be called out on it, but I don't expect most of you to be aware of this story since the main shooter was an Anti-Trump nutjob and the other shooter was transgender.  Never forget to exploit a tragedy.  "DO SOMETHING!"


Just read it on yahoo too, took a while to see exactly what happened (plus one twitter video  in it seems to have no audio). Having said that, yes in the end I agree with the kids 100% & the grownups effed this up.

Essentially, in a nutshell, the 'Township' offered to put together a vigil/night of remembereance. Well, all they did was have some nameless, bonehead politicians take a limo into town & give podium speeches about gun control, change the laws etc... Wasn't the time or the place for it, and the kids felt a bit misled as they were under the impression it would've been (and should've been) about the student who was killed, memorializing him, remembering him, and all being there for one another. Kinda like the days we all felt after 9/11.

Instead some dipshit shows up to town & give a near campaign rally.

** I made up the limo part, although it could be true

mitchejw
 Rep: 110 

Re: US Politics Thread

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/colorado-stud … 00053.html

Student walk out of prayer vigil after Democratic Senator and politicians attempt to co-opt it for their political agenda.  Is this where I'm supposed to call them "chumps"?   Good to finally see those who exploit tragedy be called out on it, but I don't expect most of you to be aware of this story since the main shooter was an Anti-Trump nutjob and the other shooter was transgender.  Never forget to exploit a tragedy.  "DO SOMETHING!"

Right...Bc only Democrats do that.

You’re such a piece of work. Arrogant and ignorant all at the same time.

mitchejw
 Rep: 110 

Re: US Politics Thread

mitchejw wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/colorado-stud … 00053.html

Student walk out of prayer vigil after Democratic Senator and politicians attempt to co-opt it for their political agenda.  Is this where I'm supposed to call them "chumps"?   Good to finally see those who exploit tragedy be called out on it, but I don't expect most of you to be aware of this story since the main shooter was an Anti-Trump nutjob and the other shooter was transgender.  Never forget to exploit a tragedy.  "DO SOMETHING!"


Just read it on yahoo too, took a while to see exactly what happened (plus one twitter video  in it seems to have no audio). Having said that, yes in the end I agree with the kids 100% & the grownups effed this up.

Essentially, in a nutshell, the 'Township' offered to put together a vigil/night of remembereance. Well, all they did was have some nameless, bonehead politicians take a limo into town & give podium speeches about gun control, change the laws etc... Wasn't the time or the place for it, and the kids felt a bit misled as they were under the impression it would've been (and should've been) about the student who was killed, memorializing him, remembering him, and all being there for one another. Kinda like the days we all felt after 9/11.

Instead some dipshit shows up to town & give a near campaign rally.

** I made up the limo part, although it could be true

RF also implies that only anti-trump people go on shooting rampages...

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 116 

Re: US Politics Thread

mitchejw wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/colorado-stud … 00053.html

Student walk out of prayer vigil after Democratic Senator and politicians attempt to co-opt it for their political agenda.  Is this where I'm supposed to call them "chumps"?   Good to finally see those who exploit tragedy be called out on it, but I don't expect most of you to be aware of this story since the main shooter was an Anti-Trump nutjob and the other shooter was transgender.  Never forget to exploit a tragedy.  "DO SOMETHING!"


Just read it on yahoo too, took a while to see exactly what happened (plus one twitter video  in it seems to have no audio). Having said that, yes in the end I agree with the kids 100% & the grownups effed this up.

Essentially, in a nutshell, the 'Township' offered to put together a vigil/night of remembereance. Well, all they did was have some nameless, bonehead politicians take a limo into town & give podium speeches about gun control, change the laws etc... Wasn't the time or the place for it, and the kids felt a bit misled as they were under the impression it would've been (and should've been) about the student who was killed, memorializing him, remembering him, and all being there for one another. Kinda like the days we all felt after 9/11.

Instead some dipshit shows up to town & give a near campaign rally.

** I made up the limo part, although it could be true

RF also implies that only anti-trump people go on shooting rampages...


Glad to see you still haven't learned to read.  Can't you find a coloring book or some finger paints to keep you busy?

mitchejw
 Rep: 110 

Re: US Politics Thread

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Just read it on yahoo too, took a while to see exactly what happened (plus one twitter video  in it seems to have no audio). Having said that, yes in the end I agree with the kids 100% & the grownups effed this up.

Essentially, in a nutshell, the 'Township' offered to put together a vigil/night of remembereance. Well, all they did was have some nameless, bonehead politicians take a limo into town & give podium speeches about gun control, change the laws etc... Wasn't the time or the place for it, and the kids felt a bit misled as they were under the impression it would've been (and should've been) about the student who was killed, memorializing him, remembering him, and all being there for one another. Kinda like the days we all felt after 9/11.

Instead some dipshit shows up to town & give a near campaign rally.

** I made up the limo part, although it could be true

RF also implies that only anti-trump people go on shooting rampages...


Glad to see you still haven't learned to read.  Can't you find a coloring book or some finger paints to keep you busy?

I skim your posts Bc they’re so fucking long and boring.

slcpunk
 Rep: 156 

Re: US Politics Thread

slcpunk wrote:

STATEMENT BY FORMER FEDERAL PROSECUTORS

We are former federal prosecutors. We served under both Republican and Democratic administrations at different levels of the federal system: as line attorneys, supervisors, special prosecutors, United States Attorneys, and senior officials at the Department of Justice. The offices in which we served were small, medium, and large; urban, suburban, and rural; and located in all parts of our country.

Each of us believes that the conduct of President Trump described in Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s report would, in the case of any other person not covered by the Office of Legal Counsel policy against indicting a sitting President, result in multiple felony charges for obstruction of justice.

The Mueller report describes several acts that satisfy all of the elements for an obstruction charge: conduct that obstructed or attempted to obstruct the truth-finding process, as to which the evidence of corrupt intent and connection to pending proceedings is overwhelming. These include:

· The President’s efforts to fire Mueller and to falsify evidence about that effort;

· The President’s efforts to limit the scope of Mueller’s investigation to exclude his conduct; and

· The President’s efforts to prevent witnesses from cooperating with investigators probing him and his campaign.

Attempts to fire Mueller and then create false evidence

Despite being advised by then-White House Counsel Don McGahn that he could face legal jeopardy for doing so, Trump directed McGahn on multiple occasions to fire Mueller or to gin up false conflicts of interest as a pretext for getting rid of the Special Counsel. When these acts began to come into public view, Trump made “repeated efforts to have McGahn deny the story” — going so far as to tell McGahn to write a letter “for our files” falsely denying that Trump had directed Mueller’s termination.

Firing Mueller would have seriously impeded the investigation of the President and his associates — obstruction in its most literal sense. Directing the creation of false government records in order to prevent or discredit truthful testimony is similarly unlawful. The Special Counsel’s report states: “Substantial evidence indicates that in repeatedly urging McGahn to dispute that he was ordered to have the Special Counsel terminated, the President acted for the purpose of influencing McGahn’s account in order to deflect or prevent scrutiny of the President’s conduct toward the investigation.”

Attempts to limit the Mueller investigation

The report describes multiple efforts by the president to curtail the scope of the Special Counsel’s investigation.

First, the President repeatedly pressured then-Attorney General Jeff Sessions to reverse his legally-mandated decision to recuse himself from the investigation. The President’s stated reason was that he wanted an attorney general who would “protect” him, including from the Special Counsel investigation. He also directed then-White House Chief of Staff Reince Priebus to fire Sessions and Priebus refused.

Second, after McGahn told the President that he could not contact Sessions himself to discuss the investigation, Trump went outside the White House, instructing his former campaign manager, Corey Lewandowski, to carry a demand to Sessions to direct Mueller to confine his investigation to future elections. Lewandowski tried and failed to contact Sessions in private. After a second meeting with Trump, Lewandowski passed Trump’s message to senior White House official Rick Dearborn, who Lewandowski thought would be a better messenger because of his prior relationship with Sessions. Dearborn did not pass along Trump’s message.

As the report explains, “substantial evidence indicates that the President’s effort to have Sessions limit the scope of the Special Counsel’s investigation to future election interference was intended to prevent further investigative scrutiny of the President’s and his campaign’s conduct” — in other words, the President employed a private citizen to try to get the Attorney General to limit the scope of an ongoing investigation into the President and his associates.

All of this conduct — trying to control and impede the investigation against the President by leveraging his authority over others — is similar to conduct we have seen charged against other public officials and people in powerful positions.

Witness tampering and intimidation

The Special Counsel’s report establishes that the President tried to influence the decisions of both Michael Cohen and Paul Manafort with regard to cooperating with investigators. Some of this tampering and intimidation, including the dangling of pardons, was done in plain sight via tweets and public statements; other such behavior was done via private messages through private attorneys, such as Trump counsel Rudy Giuliani’s message to Cohen’s lawyer that Cohen should “sleep well tonight, you have friends in high places.”

Of course, these aren’t the only acts of potential obstruction detailed by the Special Counsel. It would be well within the purview of normal prosecutorial judgment also to charge other acts detailed in the report.

We emphasize that these are not matters of close professional judgment. Of course, there are potential defenses or arguments that could be raised in response to an indictment of the nature we describe here. In our system, every accused person is presumed innocent and it is always the government’s burden to prove its case beyond a reasonable doubt. But, to look at these facts and say that a prosecutor could not probably sustain a conviction for obstruction of justice — the standard set out in Principles of Federal Prosecution — runs counter to logic and our experience.

As former federal prosecutors, we recognize that prosecuting obstruction of justice cases is critical because unchecked obstruction — which allows intentional interference with criminal investigations to go unpunished — puts our whole system of justice at risk. We believe strongly that, but for the OLC memo, the overwhelming weight of professional judgment would come down in favor of prosecution for the conduct outlined in the Mueller Report.

slcpunk
 Rep: 156 

Re: US Politics Thread

slcpunk wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

RF also implies that only anti-trump people go on shooting rampages...

He did what I just said he always does, just one post after I said it: Invites you to the clown show.

Throws some red meat on the table for you to argue about. All while pivoting away from the state of emergency our country is in and the criminal enterprise that is the Trump administration. Because...that's what clowns do.

clown.jpg

mitchejw
 Rep: 110 

Re: US Politics Thread

mitchejw wrote:

Losses of over a billion dollars in a decade....and no one cares.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 428 

Re: US Politics Thread

buzzsaw wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

Losses of over a billion dollars in a decade....and no one cares.

Why should we?  You know how many wealthy people lost a shit ton of (theoretical) money over that time period?

PaSnow
 Rep: 201 

Re: US Politics Thread

PaSnow wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

Losses of over a billion dollars in a decade....and no one cares.

Why should we?  You know how many wealthy people lost a shit ton of (theoretical) money over that time period?

OJ Simpson?

Honestly, 1985-1995 wasn't much of a 'Run for the hills the economy isa crashing!!" era, lets not make it out like it was. 91-92 there was a recession, fairly mild one but the timing of it, added with 12 years of Reagan/Bush Presidency it was time for people to choose a new direction. It was not, however, a time where everyone lost everything. Especially the rich.

I may be mistaken but prove me wrong by naming names of those who were wiped out.

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB