You are not logged in. Please register or login.

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

Re: Will new music be released in 2019?

jimmythegent wrote:

I agree, I miss the interplay between guitarists that was particularly evident on Appetite and Lies. Izzy was too far down in the mix on Illusions for the most part.
It’s one of the many things that made them great. I hope Axl in particular can refrain from his tendency to throw the kitchen sink at the mixes.

Will new music be released in 2019?

Yes, Q1 0%
Yes, Q2 0%
Yes, Q3 33%
Yes, Q4 8%
Not in this decade 25%
Not in this lifetime 33%
Total votes: 24
vipicius
 Rep: 6 

vipicius wrote:

Just commenting on a fact that probably has already occurred with all who accompany the band. I was walking on the internet, I logged on to facebook and there appears a post about an alleged leak.
Obviously only a few seconds can be heard. I did not think it was true, because the rasp used looks different than what Axl has been using when using it, I think.
Well, the case has been closed, it is not a leak.

Here's the original song, the part that sounds more like Axl starts after 01:00.

esoterica
 Rep: 69 

esoterica wrote:

I believe now more than ever

ClaudeF
 Rep: 16 

ClaudeF wrote:

Honestly, I'm startled at how quiet things are the bootleg front. There haven't even been rumors of new leaks surfacing, and the remaining things we know are out there but not circulating (the internal documents and rehearsal footage) seem to remain in the hands of one, maybe two people.

This feels like being a fan around 1998! Although admittedly that was a GREAT year to be buying GNR stuff on eBay. 3

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

ClaudeF wrote:

Honestly, I'm startled at how quiet things are the bootleg front. There haven't even been rumors of new leaks surfacing, and the remaining things we know are out there but not circulating (the internal documents and rehearsal footage) seem to remain in the hands of one, maybe two people.

This feels like being a fan around 1998! Although admittedly that was a GREAT year to be buying GNR stuff on eBay. 3

Well, it feels like with the remixes and the 2001 HOB footage having leaked, that's basically it for the Chinese Democracy stuff that's in circulation. Everything else is locked down tight, isn't it?

zombux
 Rep: 36 

zombux wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:
ClaudeF wrote:

Well, it feels like with the remixes and the 2001 HOB footage having leaked, that's basically it for the Chinese Democracy stuff that's in circulation. Everything else is locked down tight, isn't it?

correct.

ClaudeF
 Rep: 16 

ClaudeF wrote:

There's a song by DJ on Soundcloud called "La Bella Vita." I've not heard of it having a GNR connection. Does it?

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

Yesterday, Slash told in an interview that they've started working on a new album, and will continue after the Guns tour in October.

Only four shows announced so far, so expect more to come with their overhead. As for new music, next year seems a better bet.

Sky Dog wrote:

One more cash grab and they’re really gonna get serious! Just like ol’ John Fogerty sang many moons ago, “Someday Never Comes”. axlduff 21

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

Yup, they've been milking the NITL cow for all its worth.

A new album would validate another 2-3 years worth of touring and the royalties could provide a nice revenue stream beyond that.

I expect a lot of CD2 stuff to be there, even if only in the lyrics. Axl's too precious about his work to toss it all out in favor of brand-new songs.

Board footer